What happens to the brain when we eat junk food.

Good morning,Bright sun and snow greeted us this morning .What Happens to Your Brain When You Eat Junk Food Many of us know that it causes problem ,high blood pressure,heart problems and others.This I did not know that this could cause depression. Why do we keep doing this? Most of us know that junk food is tasty with plenty of sodium in the food. So why do we keep eating junk food that is not good for us. Photo online. Are you a food junk junkie.
• Peoria, Arizona
Any food can cause these problems if consumed too much. Too much water can be bad for people. Moderation is all that matters. Have a bowl of chips and a bowl of salad and a bowl of ice cream and a protein shake. Doesn't need to be big servings, justs moderation.
@DesirousDreamer if you say so.But not for me.
• Peoria, Arizona
@amadeo I'm just saying actual facts from doctors I have had. Yeah don't have a candy bar every single day, but a special treat now and then is okay.
If you see the comment I just left you on the post you will see. I am sure aware of the damage. I been addicted to salt all my life. I am working hard on it now.
@sharon6345 that remind since you mentioned this.While in Mexico or Guatemala not sure which. Having lunch and couple sat across from us.They were very young. The male person while waiting for his lunch was eating salt.No end to it.He kept on eating and eating.
@amadeo When I was out I would always open salt packets to eat. I got tired of looks and comments I like dining home. at times people are rude when strange things happen.
@sharon6345 that is for sure.Would not worry about it.It is you not them.
Junk food is so yummy and a lot of times so inexpensive compared to healthier foods. A psychiatrist I went to one told me to eat protein to help with depression and to not go long between meals. Junk food is not good for us but eating it in moderation is okay I think
@shaggin there are a lot of good food out there and not too pricey.
I guess we are literally addicted to junk food when we get out of control with it. For many perhaps it's a habit that started when they were kids. It doesn't help either that it's often cheap and easily accessible.
@much2say you can find good food if you look for it.
@amadeo That's very true. I hear that when you get stuck on junk food, you lose the taste for "real" food - some people just rather indulge in what their tastebuds favor rather than health.
@much2say yes very well said there.
i so love junk foods as in! but this post makes me think again.. if i should follow my love to eat junk foods and suffer the consequences or just think for a healthier me and live a happy live?.. oh wow! good luck to me!
well depend on your health there as you get older.I do not think you want to eat a lot of junk food.
@amadeo really? so as time goes by.. my appetite will change also?
No, I am not a junk food lover. The only junk food I like are potato chips, but I have some only a few times a year, not often.
@LadyDuck that is not bad there Anna
@amadeo No, I think it's not too bad.
@miketagz (8820)
Too much junk foods are totally dangerous. If ever you ate them, need to detoxify it with yogurt and ate more fruits and vegetables then drink more alkaline water.
@miketagz that I like there.yogurt and fruits.
@miketagz (8820)
@amadeo Yes yogurt is more healthy than ice cream. I don't know why but that's what the doctor says on his Facebook Page.
@Icydoll (26266)
no, i don't eat junk food lot.as you said it is tasty so our tongue always tends to eat it..as it is not good for health we should control eating junk
@icydoll I hope that your able to do this.
@Icydoll (26266)
@amadeo yeah I can do this friend..:)
I have given up a lot of junk food, but it is hard to do. White potato chips are my downfall
@Tampa_girl7 chips are the biggest downfall.
@garymarsh6 (14602)
I must admit to loving crisps I think you would call them chips. I do not like any fast food though so I guess that is one saving grace! Dump the Junk!
@garymarsh you got that right.
Maybe because it tastes good and we keep going back for more?
@Marilynda1225 taste good yes.But not healthy.Salt to much salt and fat.
Because its there! When I walk into a gas station and I am starved but I need gas too I don`t see a veggie meal for $1.00 and ready for me to consume while driving, I see a bag of dill pickle potato chips for $1.00 And that is how I eat junk food.
@andriaperry enjoy your junk food.But that is a poor reason.LOL
• Lagos, Nigeria
[i][/i]there is a saying which says, prevention his better than cure. junk food causes devastating effect to the body system. infact the merit is less than the demerit effect. avoid it please
@joseprince123 good for you there.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@amadeo thanks friend am new here. enlighten me about this site
@joseprince123 Nice to meet you.You will loved it.Give it a chance.
Well, I think junk food manufacturers know how to keep people addicted to their product. We all do things we know aren't good for us, but it is very hard to stop.
@snowy but you can learn to control it..?
@amadeo Of course, that is the goal for many!
@dgobucks226 (14352)
I have my moments. Usually on weekends when watching sports and other TV programs. Wintertime also contributes to the junk food eating. I eat much healthier during the rest of the year. I also heard people eat when depressed as you mentioned.
@dgobucks226 I am sure most people have their moments.It is normal to feel this way
@dgobucks226 (14352)
@amadeo Yes you are right. Moods definitely can have an effect on one's eating habits. Thanks
Not really i just have it 2-3x a week
@Strawberry18 what kind of junk food do you normally have
@amadeo clover, nova, kornets, lumpia shanghai, clover bits , many more. here i can buy 1peso junk foods
I did not know it could cause depression
@marguicha same here.Maybe something in the food I guess?
@amadeo Probably. Or something junk food does not have.
• Denver, Colorado
It's because we've become both lazy and addicted to it.
@teamfreak16 yes your right there Scott.Many are.
I am not eat junk food. I am a vegetarian. So many junk foods, even Jello, cheesecakes, baked goods, candy and many other sweets are made with animal products.
@Corbin5 yes that I kno
• Cuddalore, India
I don't prefer to eat junk foods. I only buy fruits or have fresh juice if I have enough money. Sometime I choose tender coconut
@Lignitecityabishek96 that is great there.Good for you