Why are some discussions deleted?

@peavey (16821)
I am a conservative, but I am not a right wing nut and I am willing to listen to other ideas. I don't respond to name calling and so on, which all too often occurs any more. Anyway, I have been disappointed several times lately after clicking on a post title to find that it has been removed. This one, by Evil WIzard: Nazis also has a march for gun control! Historial fact!! is no longer there. So we can't even discuss history? Is there something about wondering if history repeats itself that undermines democracy? Or is it a problem somehow? I thought myLot was better than that.
No, the problem is most of the posts that get deleted usually violate the guidelines. Many of the posts by the person mentioned get deleted for lack of content.
What he said.
@peavey (16821)
Thank you. That's what I am beginning to understand. Maybe not the "lack of content" but deliberately inflammatory content. I have seen posts of that nature, too.
@GoAskAlice (4330)
I generally handle these things privately, but since it seems to be a very public issue here as of late, I will address it here. The post in question most likely would have stayed up, had it been more than just a rant and actually presented something as a point of debate. I have no problem with the ugly side of history being presented for discussion. That was not the way it was presented however.
@peavey (16821)
Thank you for explaining! That makes me feel better about the site.
@Daelii (5685)
I think it depends on author and content. I dont mind educated debates with source documentation if people try and quote facts... But no clue about the article you mentioned. I didn't see it!
@akalinus (17683)
I saw and answered the post. When I got a notification about it, I was tossed off the site and had to log back in. I guess some things are taboo here.
@akalinus Nothing is 'taboo' here, and you were not really tossed off the site, even though it says you aren't logged in all you have to do is use the 'back' feature.
@akalinus (17683)
@JolietJake I tried that. I had to sign in again. Why was the post deleted for a historical fact? I won't be commenting on those type of discussions again.
Sometimes someone reports them because they find it offensive. I did not see that one.
@yukimori (9066)
The nice thing about myLot is that someone actually reviews the reports to make sure that the content is actually an issue. If there's nothing wrong with the post, they typically don't remove it.
@peavey (16821)
It wouldn't be fair to delete a post because someone thought it was offensive. There are many posts here that I personally find offensive. I just move on. It's not up to any one of us to decide what is and what isn't offensive, as long as the basic rules are followed
@porwest (6022)
There may be liberals lurking in the admin.
@peavey (16821)
Did you read the administrative announcement on this topic? I see by the comment you got an answer from Admin.
@peavey (16821)
No, I haven't seen the announcement. I will look for it, thanks.
@Courage7 (8354)
Oh shoot I saw that one earlier and was going to come back to it later.
I didn't see tat discussion.
Posts that are deleted are deleted because they were against the guidelines.