Busy days ahead

Bunbury, Australia
We seem to have a lot going on at the moment. We’re in the middle of building a cupboard to go in the caravan. First we have to replace a panel on the ceiling and one on the back all. These have got wet and now have mould on them. The contact adhesive we have has gone ‘off’ so we need to buy that next time we’re in town. The cupboard itself has had one coat of varnish and will get another coat today before we then finish putting on the doors and finally installing it. We’re going to the neighbours tonight to learn a new card game and I might take Qwirkle along as well. That’s another fun game. Tomorrow evening (Saturday) a young girl is coming for portrait photos so the lounge will be full of studio lights for a while. On Monday we have to take the bus/motorhome to a place that is going to put a big red slash on the side. Hopefully this might help sell it. AND the same day we pick up new Ikea wardrobes and will start to install them in our bedroom. So it’s all go at the moment.
@UncleJoe (10302)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
A red lightening bolt would look awesome. Especially for a younger couple looking for something second hand that they could afford.
It will break up so much 'whiteness' and make it look more attractive. That's the hope anyway.
So, will you miss that motor home when it is sold?
It is wonderfully comfortable but we're replacing it with a car and caravan. We can unhook the caravan at a park or whatever and go off exploring in the car for day trips. The bus was a bit unwieldy for some places and roads.
@nela13 (7493)
• Portugal
That is a big motorhome and it seems you have a lot to do
Yes, the motorhome is really lovely. We fitted it out ourselves and it is a bit sad to put it up for sale.
@rakski (18659)
@JudyEv wow, it looks very nice inside
@rakski It is very comfortable and has a full size shower as well as a toilet and washing machine.
@xFiacre (4590)
@judyev Hey, slow down. You're making me dizzy with all that busyness!!. Breathe, drink coffee. Better still come and hear me reading some good literature at the cafe down the road.
Are you really going to read aloud at the cafe? That would be pretty cool.
@xFiacre (4590)
@JudyEv I'd love that job. I'd also be willing to be hired out as a literary kissogram. I'd turn up at birthday parties and read a bit of Keats or Yeats to lift the tone.
@xFiacre I know a few birthday parties where the 'tone' needed to be lifted a little! lol
Activity is our best companion and you seem to know about it. Good Luck with all what you have started on.
Thanks. I really enjoy the days when we have plenty to do. Notice that 'activity' never means housework or cleaning!
@JudyEv I cannot thank God enough that I am in India and that chore is taken away (lol)
@allknowing Half your luck. Some of my happiest days were when I was working full-time and had a cleaner come in once a month.
@Freelanzer (9376)
Nice motorhome. I have an old camper that I can't let go of even though I haven't used if for awhile. I have decided to renovate it this summer.
I really enjoy being on the road. The bus is something else. The caravan is quite nice but it is a bit small compared to the bus.
@JudyEv The more room when you are on the road the better.
@Freelanzer The bus has an incredible amount of space.
@SAM774 (3807)
Woo. Lot of work.... It seem... Take care and enjoy
Thanks. We're retired so we have plenty of time to do the things we need to do.
@SAM774 (3807)
@JudyEv hmm..
Enjoy the new card game.
I'm anxious to see what it's called. I quite like playing cards.
Thanks. I quite like playing cards.
@1hopefulman (30236)
Lots of activities taking place! At first I thought Qwirkle was one of your pets. What is that game about?
Here is a link to a post I wrote about it. You have to make lines of similar shapes or exact colours and different shapes. It is a lot of fun without being too difficult.
I wrote recently about the board game ‘Ticket to Ride’ and how much I enjoy playing it. Another game which most seem to enjoy is Qwirkle. It is recommended for...
@1hopefulman (30236)
@JudyEv Thanks! I'll check it out!
I bet that red slash on the motor home will definitely help sell it. You two are very, very busy!!!
I'll put up a photo once the slash is on it. I'm sure it will go faster!
@mlgen1037 (29647)
• Manila, Philippines
Wow. Youve got everything planned out. Good morning from us here, Judy. Take care!
Hi and a happy day to you too. Hopefully we'll get all our chores done eventually. We have plenty of time which is a good thing.
@mlgen1037 (29647)
• Manila, Philippines
@JudyEv yey! I am sure you will, Judy.
that sounds great there.
It's always nice to have plenty to do.
@JudyEv up to a point of course
Busy busy busy! You will be bored when you get a day off.
I'm not often bored. I can always read a book.
It sounds busy, but a good busy..not an exhausting one.
We have plenty of time in some ways so we won't need to exhaust ourselves.
We have played Qwirlke, it is a lot of fun. You are selling the motorhome? I must have missed that.
The bus is a bit restrictive in going off-road so we now have a 4 wheel drive and a caravan. It will give us more options when we're travelling.
@wolfgirl569 (6443)
• Marion, Ohio
Busy Busy. Have a great time tonight.
Thanks it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Sounds like you are busy. How young is the young gal and why is your place the place for the photo shoot?
Vince wants to improve his portrait skills - practice with his new lights and lens - and the friend's grand-daughter is 24. He has offered free sessions so he can practice portraits, not that he'll ever set up shop and charge for them.
@WriterAI (5221)
• Bulgaria
Hello from Bulgaria! Thank you for your update! Wishing you successful busy days!
I hope your days are going well too.
@WriterAI (5221)
• Bulgaria
@JudyEv I do hope so. I am preparing to meet my Easter on April 8th 2018. I am going shopping. Tomorrow I am going to paint my eggs.
@WriterAI They had an egg-painting workshop in our small town a week or two ago but I didn't go.
@HazySue (21953)
It does sound as though you are busy. The red slash will fancy it up for sure.
We're hoping it will give it a bit more appeal.
@HazySue (21953)
@JudyEv I am sure it will. Hope you sell it real soon.
@HazySue Thanks.
@Morleyhunt (19888)
Sounds busy. Yesterday I ordered the maps for our trip east ...mine in 2.5 weeks....hubbies in 6 weeks.....then I purchased a cellphone for my husband and set it up with a minimal calling plan....next arranged for a new calling plan for my smartphone. The two together will be a fair amount less than my single plan was previously.... Today I spending a few minutes quilting.
Not too much quilting, remember? It sounds like you are well organised for your move.
@Morleyhunt (19888)
@JudyEv I'm trying to be organized. I'm getting a little tired of the piles of boxes...all the easy stuff is packed.
@Morleyhunt I think however much you try, moving at some point gets to be a bit disorganised and frustrating.