So much to do, so little time

Bunbury, Australia
As many of you know, we are heading to the east of Australia shortly. The plan is to get to Ravensthorpe on Sunday where we will spend a week helping friends. But now more and more stuff is claiming our attention between now and then. Vince has been asked to take photos at an endurance ride on Saturday and they will actually pay for any they use in their online magazine which will be a bonus. We haven’t bothered much about being paid before. It is a hobby but it is nice to think Vince’s photos are worthy of someone ringing and saying ‘please come’. Then the man who thought he might like to buy our scarifier is coming today to have a look at it. Tomorrow the caravan gets taken to town to have a new awning so hopefully there won’t be any complications there. Saturday we’ll go to the ride and back but won’t stay the night and no doubt half of Saturday night will be taken up processing photos and making them ‘just right’. Oh, and how could I forget? The mirror sections have arrived from Ikea so we have a wardrobe door to make and another shelf to put in. Hopefully this time we won’t break any mirror tiles like we did last time. We have one spare but we know where we went wrong which is always a great thing to know. The photo is from a previous endurance ride.
@id_peace (7591)
If you think of it, it is the so much to do that make us alive isn’t it?
That's true. We don't mind being busy. The more you have to do the more you seem to be able to fit in to your day.
@Shiva49 (13775)
@JudyEv It is said - if you want to get something done in a hurry, give it to a busy person! siva
@Shiva49 Yes, I've heard this before and it is very true.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
You have a lot on sleeves, Judy. But yes it seems like we only have limited time unlike when you are not doing anything, time takes forever
We sold the scarifier and that has been picked up so that is really good. After lunch we'll tackle the Ikea bits and pieces.
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
@JudyEv Awesome. I cant wait to see it then, Judy.
that's a lot of stuff going on.
It's strange how it all suddenly piles up after lots of 'slow' days.
@JudyEv that is strange. But probably a good strange.
@wolfgirl569 (8416)
• Marion, Ohio
A lot to get done. That is wonderful that he can make some money from his hobby
At least it will pay for the fuel and of course it gives him a buzz.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
What a beautiful horse. Sounds like a busy week!
She has since sold that horse to someone in Queensland but she has another equally nice one coming along.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
@JudyEv Can't wait to see pictures of the new horse.
@Shellyann36 Sorry it's taken so long but here is her new horse. She bred it herself.
@aureliah (17782)
Mirrors are quite fragile. Its good to know that what Vince considers a hobby is worth some money
He really loves his photography and likes to be asked to take photos here and there.
@aureliah (17782)
@JudyEv That means his work is great
@aureliah I tell him he must have a good camera!
@Freelanzer (9496)
I always say that when I worked outside the home, the days were so long, Now they are way too short for all the things I try to cram into a day. Good luck with the caravan.
Thanks for the good wishes. We got on top of all the little problems but then the car broke down and is out of commission at the moment. Hopefully the garage will ring later with more information about what has to happen.
@JudyEv Isn't that the way life is? Soon as you get control of one thing this happens. Hope you are able to get it fixed soon.
@Freelanzer With luck, and if the correct part arrives, we'll be able to pick it up this afternoon.
• Eugene, Oregon
What a busy time for you, but good things are happening.
We feel like we're pushing uphill at the moment as the car wouldn't start this morning. Thank heaven for YouTube!
• Eugene, Oregon
@JudyEv Oh nooo!
@JamesHxstatic Oh yes!! But we got it going and were only a bit late getting to the repair place. Now we're almost all packed.
@Shiva49 (13775)
Nice to know about the various activities going on in your life. Mine is sedentary in comparison! My brother is also an avid photographer and it is just a hobby for him. Good that Vince is recognized and is in demand; getting paid is the icing on the cake - siva
He doesn't want to become a professional - not at his age! - but being paid here and there allows him to buy a few extras occasionally.
@Shiva49 (13775)
@JudyEv My brother has a new fascination - drones with a camera! siva
@Shiva49 Drones are popular here. So far Vince hasn't shown an interest in getting a drone. I suppose they are okay in their place but I think there is the potential to use them for harm.
You're going to be busy. I'm not surprised they want to pay Vince for his photos. They are certainly worthy. I'm glad the scarifier got sold, per the article I read earlier. I'm sure you'll get the wardrobe put together now, without any more mishaps.
Yes, the door is hung although it took a bit longer than expected. And this morning the car wouldn't start and we were late getting the caravan to the repair place but it's there now thankfully.
@JudyEv I just read about that. I'm glad everything turned out good.
@sallypup (27984)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That is one super looking horse. I bet she is fast. Vince did a great job at taking the photo.
Thanks. He (the horse not Vince) did 80km later that day and passed the vets' checks with flying colours.
You better prioritise as you may not find time to finish all those chores. What would you give up?
Well, the scarifier sold and has gone to its new owners, the Ikea door has been made and fitted and the caravan is at the repairers' so all is going well at the moment. However we have had to battle with problems every step of the way. The scarifier was very difficult to fit to the tractor as it always is but we had to do that to use the three point linkage to load the scarifier onto a trailer. Even then we had to put the trailer in a ditch. Then the Ikea door was tricky to hang and that took longer than expected then this morning for some obscure reason the car wouldn't start and we were late getting the caravan to the repair place. But it's there now and hopefully we'll pick it up later. And now my vacuum cleaner is only working spasmodically so I've washed the filter in the hope that that will help. But it's okay - I don't like vacuuming anyway!
Busy, Busy! Not a dull moment!
At times like these I have a new respect and longing for 'dull'.
Wow that's a lot you have to do before your trip. Good luck getting it all done
We're getting there. The scarifier has gone, the door has been hung and we should pick up the caravan this afternoon. So that much is good.
@Morleyhunt (20312)
Busy can be good. I'm going to have a busy day. The moving van should arrive any minute. I'm listening for the sound of a truck coming down the road. As I'm a stickler for time in one minute he will be officially late.
I hope you're not holding your breath!
Everything always happens at once.
It does doesn't it? Now my vacuum cleaner has stopped but that's okay. I didn't really want to vacuum anyway!
@YrNemo (14246)
Time like this, we begin to question, 'why the day has only 24 hours!' Hope you manage to sort everything out eventually.
The scarifier has been sold and is on its way. It was the most difficult thing to load and took us ages but it's done with now. We're having a bit of a spell then we'll finish the wardrobe so all is good at the moment.
That should be a fun thing to take pictures of.
We enjoyed it last time. We took chairs, books and a few nibbles for the times we were waiting for riders to appear.
@rakski (20860)
Sounds like a full house on your schedule. I hope everything will be alright
We've sold the scarifier and after lunch we'll tackle the wardrobe.