Countertop Cat That Chews

I have been "thinking" about getting another cat for our household. Little Miss would love a kitty. Positive that Dusty would like a playmate too. Our local shelter is having an event on the 10th where an agency will give you $50 toward the adoption fees of any pet they have available. I may take Little Miss to the shelter this weekend to check out the kitties and see if any tug at my heartstrings. I was offered a young neutered male cat yesterday. One of my clients has one that they took in. He is a gentle cat, and took to me quickly. However, he was never trained to stay off the counters and tabletop. And I learned that he chews on houseplants. Last night I mentioned this cat to my husband. He didn't say anything about it. Not sure he is completely sold on the idea of getting another cat. I'll give it another week before I completely decide. Time may change my mind.
So I'll be looking forward to discovering whether or not you get another cat. Is Dusty good with Little Miss? Not all cats are very patient with children. I had a cat I could dress up and take for walks in the pram but not all cats tolerate such nonsense.
Dusty is very patient with Little Miss. She does give her an occasional scratch, but nothing too bad.
@Morleyhunt (19806)
It's a big decision. Take your time. We are currently pet free, and much as we love pets we are not sure we want to commit to one at the moment.
Since making this post I have decided that we will stick with one cat. Double the litter box mess isn't something I want to contend with.
Good luck with your kitty-shopping.
I may bring Little Miss to look at the animals at the shelter. I have decided it is best to stay with one cat for a pet.
Scar wouldn't allow it here
Dusty has always been a cat that loves to play. When our 2 older cats were with us, she would often try to get them to engage in play. Right up to Benta's last days, Dusty tried to get her to play. Poor old gal would growl and hiss at her something awful. LOL.
@Shellyann36 (10754)
My son Elijah wants a cat so bad he can taste it. He has been watching YouTube videos of cute cats and baby kittens being fed by a bottle. He is in love with the idea of raising a baby kitten this way. I am allergic to cats and both of the twins, Elijah and Adam have allergies and asthma. I don't think its a good idea for our household but my husband has promised Elijah a cat for his birthday in October. I am dreading the outcome. Good luck with your decision.
There is always allergy meds!
@Shellyann36 (10754)
@ElusiveButterfly Yes there is but I am afraid that my allergies go beyond the OTC meds that I could take. I believe I would have to have shots and I simply cannot afford them.
@Shellyann36 oh that isn't good. I would pass on the cat in that case.
Did you ever go / get a new kitty? our cat goes on the counters and table. even though hes not supposed to. But he does get down sometimes, when we tell him too. otherwise we have to put him down.
No, I am waiting for the right moment. This place is so small and people think that Little Miss needs just one more toy and that is a problem. I have to go through her toys so I can donate some. She has way too many and we don't have space for it all.
@ElusiveButterfly least she still plays with toys unlike most kids these days.
@Courtlynn I love to watch her at play. Such a great imagination.
It will be interesting to read about what you decide regarding the cat.
I just cleaned out the cat box and it dawned on me that this task will double with 2 cats. I'll keep it at one cat. LOL.
@ElusiveButterfly There are a lot of considerations to getting a new cat. You could try stuffed. They're no clean-up, you don't need to feed them, and they can be played with by the hour without a murmur or complaint.
@just4him Little Miss has a stuffed one that purrs and meows. She loves it. I am not going to get another cat right now. Talked myself out of it after cleaning the cat box. LOL.
It's a decision to ponder carefully, some cats do not like at all a new cat in the house.
When I see Dusty getting worked up over seeing other cats in our yard, I don't think it wise to bring another cat into the house.
@ElusiveButterfly I am pretty sure that Dusty will bully the new cat.
@LadyDuck Yes she may do that. So another reason not to get another one.
You know I love cats, so I say go for it!
I think we will wait until we make a final move. Once we get a bigger place it won't be so bad.
Hope you find the perfect kitty
We have one that is close to that already. I think I will keep it at just one.
@BarBaraPrz (20074)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
What if they ALL tug at your heartstrings?
They all do. But, I'll just pass them by. Little Miss will enjoy visiting with them.