right but left, left but right

i am right-handed. but i part my hair on the left. i carry my bag on my right shoulder. but i wear my watch on my left wrist. do left-handed people part their hair on the right? are there right-handed people who part their hair on the right? i think right-handed people wear their watch on the left to minimize wear and tear since it's the less dominant hand. but i'm not surprised that left-handed people wear their watch on their left, and carry bags on their left. i notice, though, that there are also right-handed people who carry bags on their left and wear watches on their right. so when it comes to hair, watch and bags, is it left or right with you?
@1hopefulman (28482)
Hair is very short and so there is no direction. Watch is on the left and bag is on the right when I carry one.
i've always wished i had a widow's peak so i can part my hair in the middle.
@1hopefulman (28482)
@hereandthere What happens if you do?
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
All of them on my right. hihi
are you right-handed?
@rakski (16160)
@mlgen1037 same here
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
@hereandthere Yes, I am.
@id_peace (6960)
Other than writing and using chopsticks, I can switch hands between left and right
i think being ambidextrous is cool. is it bad to use chopsticks with your left hand if you're left-handed?
@id_peace (6960)
No good or bad just that I cannot do it
@id_peace that's good. i thought there is a strict rule about using chopsticks with the right hand only.
I carry bags in both hands. So that the weight doesn't take toll on one side. Not much concerned about my hair issue..i wear watch on my right hand.
are you right handed?
@prakashj256 sometimes i switch my bag to the left if i'm getting tired, but it only lasts a few minutes because it feels strange so it goes back to the right. you've always worn your watch on the right?
I am right-handed but I can do some things with my left hand, too. So I alternate.
so do you part your hair on the right or left? do you wear your watch on your right or left wrist?
@hereandthere Hair and watch on the left side.
@MALUSE i thought so. it would be interesting to know if there are right-handed people who part their hair on the right. feels awkward.
@Sreekala (22959)
I am a right handed person but I too wear my watch on left hand. All other works I am doing with right hand mostly. In fact, I am not comfortable or expert to do any works with left hand alone.
do you part your hair on the left or right?
@Sreekala (22959)
@hereandthere I use both, lol since I have long and thick hair, I need the help of both.
@Sreekala then part your hair in the middle so it's balanced
@rakski (16160)
My hair part is on the right, my watch is on the right, my bag on the right I am right handed
really? it just seems awkward to moving your hand from right to left when combing/brushing your hair.
@wiLLmaH (8252)
• Singapore, Singapore
@hereandthere oh yeah, it seems difficult
@YrNemo (12668)
I don't part my hair, I could wake up with hair parting on the middle or slightly left or right, & never thought much about it (made me think more of a Lhasa Apso dog ). I wore my watch on the right (and killed many so far), I am right handed (but also left-handed when cooking, when pouring things etc). I carry my bags on the right hand but switch to the left too...
i could get away with it only if i had silky straight hair. i'm right handed for all tasks. of course, if something is on the left, i use my left. with pouring, i guess it depends on weight, temperature, size, etc.
Haha! I part my hair in the middle! But I do wear my watch on my left wrist. I'm right-handed. My part isn't really in the middle in my profile photo but I was trying to grow my hair then and keep it out of my eyes. Now I part it more in the middle.
@Jessabuma (28411)
• Baguio, Philippines
I'm right handed but I wear my watch on my left wrist and I carry my bag on my left shoulder
do you like numbers? are you good in business?
@Jessabuma (28411)
• Baguio, Philippines
@hereandthere I'm not sure about it.. I actually had my own sari sari store when I was studying in high school, when I was Fourth year. And I am proud to say it was successful business, I gave it to my parents when I left for studies but I don't know what happened, they lost even the capital..
@Jessabuma i think you're good with money. if i remember correctly, you were able to buy them land already from your work there at your aunt's.
Let's see . . . I am a lefty . . . . I part my hair in the middle - but if it's off to the side, I tend to part it on the right. I don't have a watch now, but when I did, I prefered it on my right. And bags, I mostly put it on the left, but I try to switch off to even up the shoulders. I did notice that I am becoming more and more ambidextrous! Yesterday at tea party, I discovered I was using my pen for a puzzle with my left, and at the same time I was using a fork to eat with my right. It was automatic and I didn't realize it til mid-way of eating!!
i can imagine both left and right-handers can eat with a spoon or fork on one hand while fiddling with their phone on another, but thinking and writing while eating takes it to another level. i'd probably end up a mess!
@hereandthere Normally I would had thought I couldn't do such a feat . . . but I literally did not even think about it. I think I get a lot of right handed practice from the computer - using a mouse.
@much2say i did see someone putting the mouse on the left
@Courage7 (6008)
I just do what feels natural to me. I had never really paid attention to which hand.
maybe you're ambidextrous. i try to use my left hand once in a while.
@Courage7 (6008)
@hereandthere I am not very good with either hands lol
@Courage7 i've always had weak hands. i even use a spoon to lift the tabs or rings of canned food or softdrink
Just like you, I always carry my bag on my right shoulder and my watch on my left wrist. Though, sometimes when i remember, I carry my bag on my left lest my shoulders will not be parallel with each other anymore.
sometimes i have my bag on the right and the ecobag on the left.
@hereandthere Yes, that's how it is with me too when I did some grocery shopping.
@suni51 (2991)
Not necessarily! I do everything right but some of my friends think I did them wrong. I do everything right except the shoe lace first on my left shoe first.
i seldom wear sneakers, but when i do, it's left sock, right sock, left sneaker, right sneaker.
@suni51 (2991)
@hereandthere I have to wear formal shoes 5 days a week and it's always the left lace first
@porwest (4857)
I am left handed, but I do most other things right handed. I hold my fork left handed, but I bowl right, bat right, pitch right, and play guitar right. Most lefties are totally left handed dominant.
we usually eat with spoon and fork. when i eat where the setting is knife and fork, i tend to mix it up. sometimes the fork is on the right, sometimes on the left!
@porwest (4857)
@hereandthere When it comes to that I never mix it up. I suppose I am not quite ambidextrous. lol
@epiffanie (10466)
I carry my bag on my left.. I part my hair on my right or middle ..watch on left and occasionally on the right ..I am right handed so the right hand looks a lot older than the left.. Does your right hand look older than your left hand too?..
so true about the hands! but at least they're prettier than my feet!
@epiffanie (10466)
@hereandthere Yes, funny how always make sure that our hands look nice and presentable and yet we seldom take good care of our feet .. It's just recently that I am making effort to take good care of mine .. I think it is very important that we get foot massage every now and then .. make sure we apply moisturising cream on them as well .. after all, they are ones that carry us around .. huge job for them ..
I part my hair on the right.I wear my ring and watch on the left. I carry my bag on the right shoulder . If it is a handbag I use either my left or right hand.
i'm just imagining it's awkward holding a comb/brush in your right hand then moving it from right to left.
so you're right-handed?
@cintol (6408)
I am right handed, wear my watch on my right hand but carry my bag on the left shoulder
i noticed this bag on the left way back in high school. my girl classmates who were good in math carried their school bags on their left shoulder. i only do it when i'm getting tired to give my right shoulder a rest, but it doesn't last long because i feel unbalanced.
@cintol (6408)
@hereandthere That is how I feel when I carry my on the right, it feels like too much for my right to handle, I am more balanced on the left
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
I'm right-handed and have always worn my watch on my left wrist. I think it can get in the way a bit if you wear it on your dominant side. Don't carry a bag and haven't got enough hair to part so can't really help there I'm afraid!!!! When i play football my strongest foot is my left. That seems to freak some people out that I'm right-handed but left-footed.
a good point maluse raised is it's easier to fasten the watch that way. i imagine if i strapped it on my right, i'd have to stand still and focus on the task and it would take several seconds. i'm sure you instinctively lift packages and luggages with either your right or left being left-footed probably surprised the goalie
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
@hereandthere Now that is a very good point and one that really should have been obvious to us!! I think the goalie was more surprised when my shorts fell down!!!!
@ptrikha_2 (8284)
Well I am a bit ambidextrous. In my childhood I used to write with left hand. But my parents pressurised me to start writing with right- may be traditional beliefs. But I bowl on cricket field with left hand. I can operate a scissor with left hand. Most of my activities are with right but for some I can use my left hand quite well enough.
i have a relative like that. she was forced to write with her right hand, but she does everything else with her left hand. one of her children is left handed, and half of her grandchildren are also left-handed.