Experimental Smoothies

I am a big fan of protein/green smoothies. My general smoothie consists of: a scoop of protein powder, a dash of almond milk, a banana, frozen fruit and a handful of spinach. Its great for breakfast or as a healthy dessert. I have been trying some different things in it, some good, some not so much. Here is what I have experiemented with putting in my smoothies: *Frozen broccoli and cauliflower - this is good and they absorb the taste of the fruit well. The only downside is that the blender has to work a bit harder. *Kale - if you like kale, it sure shines in smoothies even with flavored protein powder and fruit. I cant stand the taste of it i decided. *Chia and Flax Seeds - anyone eat/consume these? I like to throw a tablespoon of one or the other in. Theyre supposed to have some good health benefits. *A few slices of tomato and cucumber - sure, why not! I couldnt tell from the taste they were even in there. *Granola - I bought this cinnamon granola and it was awesome in a smoothie and gave it a grainy texture. Nom. Are you a smoothie enthusiast? What do you make yours with?
I have never tried mixing fruit with vegetable in a smoothie - I always do them separate.
I like mixing them since spinach absorbs the fruit flavor beautiully!
Yes I have chia and flax seeds. I make frozen bananas with almond milk and vanilla flavor, taste like ice cream.
That sounds awesome! When you say vanilla flavoring, like vanilla extract?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Ooh Im gonna try the broccoli one.
I would! Just let it blend a bit longer to make sure its not chunky!
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@maezee it'll be good for me when im not that hungry
@Icydoll (23496)
I have never tried smoothie.. would like to try.
They are good. I would suggest it.
I am not a smoothie enthusiast probably due to the fact that I do not want to clean the blender after a smoothie-making session.
It does get very old doing this all the time. But after using a juicer and cleaning that out, the blender is easy in comparison
@kobesbuddy (52662)
• East Tawas, Michigan
My daughter use to make smoothies, every day. Now, she doesn't do this any more. Myself? I don't do smoothies.
• Calgary, Alberta
Recently I add Powdered Moringa leaves on my smoothies because of it's nutrition and medicinal properties. Here are my favorite Smoothie combinations: Apple,Papaya and Lemon- The zestiness of the Lemon and tartness of the apple works well with creaminess of the papaya. Okra,Pineapple, Mint and honey-One of the most refreshing combinations ever. I hate eating Okra so I used it on this smoothie and it becomes heavenly. Blanched Rose petals, Honey, chia seeds and almond milk= Use roses from the garden, not the flower shop ones. This is an amazing expensive tasting smoothie I ever had.
I would probably love smoothies if someone would make them for me. I'm just so lazy.
Me too! You really just dump everything in and press blend. Lol
@maezee You have to clean the fruit first, prepare them and blend...nah. I'm lazy.
@Daelii (5817)
I'm a growing smoothie enthusiast! I have bought Chia and Flax Seeds! I'm using them on other foods too to help bulk up the value of eating it! :)
There is one from the Doctor Phil Diet that involves green grapes spinach and whey powder..that one is excellent!
@dwstory (1114)
I have a banana smoothie every morning. Sometimes we put strawberries in the smoothie.
The only smoothies I make are fruit ones. I've never tried adding veggies
@mlgen1037 (29634)
• Manila, Philippines
Hi Maezee. I am not but it is worth a try.