Perhaps

@YrNemo (11880)
I spent the last five hours fighting with new updates from Windows 10. The thing is, I had done that about a month ago when my laptop suddenly updated nonstop like there was no tomorrow. That made me think, perhaps their updates annoyed others so much that it contributes somehow to the increasing rate (lately) of - suicides? - depression & drug dependency? - mass shooting? - etc I thought of buying a MacBook, but someone just told me that Apples is similar in its update craziness. (But guess they don't trample over people like Windows 10 has done to its users lately?) I am also thinking of using Linux. (I will have to learn how to use it first . At least I have a book here.) By the way, how have you fared with the latest Windows Updates? I am thinking of the song "Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps" by Doris Day,
Doris recorded Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps on Nov. 5, 1964 for her Latin For Lovers album. Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps - Joe Davis - Osvaldo Farres Mort Garson - l...
@bagarad (11849)
• Paso Robles, California
I still have Window 7 because I have heard so much I don't like about Windows 10. I think my computer is about to die, and I hate that I will probably have to get Windows 10.
@YrNemo (11880)
Oh no... I was lucky to get one with Windows 8, so I could go back to that version if need be.
@thelme55 (14358)
That is very annoying. Windows 10 is not giving me back the exact beautiful videos from my Panasonic camera when uploaded to our new computer. A turn off for me and so I uploaded my videos to my old laptop.
@YrNemo (11880)
I think Windows 10's pictures seem to be nicer in quality wrt others, but I could be wrong. Just their constant updates drive me nuts.
@thelme55 (14358)
@YrNemo I supposed they are. They are making me nuts, too.
@YrNemo (11880)
Husband did complain a few days ago about the computer taking hours to update. I leave all that malarkey to him!
@YrNemo (11880)
One per family has a headache, that is good enough .
I still use Windows 7 and refused to "upgrade" () to Windows 10. On another desktop I have installed Linux. I have enough of Microsoft.
@YrNemo (11880)
From what I was told, Windows 7 is no longer being supported by Microsoft, and is in danger of being attacked or hacked. Heard that many Windows 7 users have got their windows updated (forced) to Windows 10 without their consent. (I wish you luck, re: keeping Windows 7. I am curious to see who will win. Microsoft has become a control freak!)
@YrNemo No, it's Windows XP that is no longer supported, not Windows 7 and nobody is obliged to update to Windows 10, it is a choice. The day will stop supporting Windows 7, I will only use Linux, that is already installed on my other computer.
@bagarad (11849)
• Paso Robles, California
@YrNemo Mine won't update to Windows 10. I don't want to update. I like Windows 7. I don't know why Microsoft has to keep changing everything.
@hereandthere (29962)
maybe there's a way to disable the auto-update? i remember this song and also quizas, quizas, quizas.
@YrNemo (11880)
No one could disable the auto update from windows 10. In the mood to control and conquer, Windows 10 current programmers have set it up somehow that no one could stop it. UNSTOPABLE updates for windows 10. (I do admire them for their craziness and determination though!)
@simplfred (1413)
You've made me remember my experience updating my computer for almost a day. lol. Since then, I am updating my desktop computer regularly.
@YrNemo (11880)
They want to make this world a mad place! (after all these updatings!)
Oh, the updates are annoying for Windows 10, but luckily, the updating does not last for too long. Those updates sure can slow a person down, though..
@YrNemo (11880)
The whole thing is aggravating. (Or am I too intolerant to that sort of invasive tactic?)
@YrNemo I am intolerant of that invasive tactic. We will go with intolerant!!!
@bagarad (11849)
• Paso Robles, California
I don't mind updates. What I mind is having the computer shut down when I can't prepare to shut it down properly. I'm always afraid I'll lose something that hasn't been saved.
@DaddyEvil (24028)
• Aurora, Missouri
I have blocked Win10 on one of my computers and have installed Puppy Linux on another. Every once in a while I hear my daughter complaining about Windows 10 running away with her computers... I offered to block windows 10 for her when I blocked it on my Win8.1 computer but she said no...
@YrNemo (11880)
Win 10 bypassed all my blocking again twice since I posted this.
@bagarad (11849)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm afraid if I install Linux I will not be able to run most of my software. I need to edit photos, videos, and use Blogger and WordPress.
@DaddyEvil (24028)
• Aurora, Missouri
@YrNemo If the pc you own has Win10 as it's OS, then you can't actually block it. What you can do is go to your settings and switch them to "Check for updates but let me choose whether to install them." If you don't know how to do this, let me know, I will explain. Edit to add: Mainstream support for Win7 ended on Jan. 13, 2015 but extended support won't end until Jan. 14, 2020. Microsoft is still putting out major fixes for problems with Win7 but not for small problems...
• New Delhi, India
The biggest problem which even I face is the frequent updates it asks for
@YrNemo (11880)
I am thinking of copying all the important files I have here (just the new downloads or scans) then downgrade it back to its original form, windows 8. (Windows 10 is a mess, a mistake which no one seems to be able to fix so far, hence numerous bad, and worse updates.)
• New Delhi, India
@YrNemo but apart from the updates, I have no issues with the working of Windows 10
@YrNemo (11880)
@amitkokiladitya have to admit, wins 10 has a lot of very good features. Its updates push me to the limit though.
I don't think my windows 10 has updated. My computer is off so much, it has no access to the updates
@YrNemo (11880)
Yours must have a trick somewhere somehow to avoid those constant updates.
@YrNemo or, it is way out of date.
@YrNemo (11880)
@paigea (you are just lucky, believe me. Everyone with Windows 10 seems to be groaning about the forced updates which happen more and more frequently.)
I have both a Windows 10 computer and a MacBook Air, which is now so old that it can't be updated. My 10 isn't bad with updates.
@YrNemo (11880)
I have decided against the idea of having a MacBook for the time being due to its price & constant updates (from what I heard, perhaps their updates are less invasive?). I still have a few more weeks to make up my mind re: purchasing one. At least I have made up my mind to get a certain model and the budget etc. if the price is right, (and if I happen to be in the mood!).
@YrNemo Please let me know which one you decide on. I want to buy a less expensive one to leave in Florida.
@YrNemo (11880)
@DianneN From what they say on the internet, Macbook Air 13" is the most practical one, reasonable price & can do lots with respect to the others. (But I might not buy one any more, I decided to quit Windows 10 .)
No problems for me.
@YrNemo (11880)
You must be a very tolerant person. They had told people lately that they promised the update wouldn't take an hour any more, just 30 minutes. (Time that for a few times a day to people who don't often use laptop or PC a lot like me, the result is .)
@YrNemo Mine did some updates today, didnt take to long though
@YrNemo (11880)
@andriaperry Congrats .
@ridingbet (50467)
i recall a song by John Denver titled Perhaps love! the desktop, reinstalled with another operating system, keeps on updating, switching off and later on, and i am sometimes irked with the occasional black out of the screen.
@ridingbet (50467)
@YrNemo hahhaa. right on that.
Why don't you try a chromebook? You won't have to deal with all those annoying updates.
@YrNemo (11880)
That is what my daughter's advice to me. She even offered hers. I might just do that, cheap and less headache.
@garymarsh6 (13645)
They are irritating but without them we do not want to end up with virus's being able to enter our computers.
@YrNemo (11880)
Perhaps there will be some new companies who produce a better operating system than Windows soon?
Personally, I still prefer Window 7. There are so many shortcomings when using Windows 10.
@YrNemo (11880)
They forced Windows 7 out I heard. Forced updates to Windows 10 now for all those Windows 7 users.
I'm managing with Windows 10 although with the updates you can suddenly 'lose' things you rather not.
@YrNemo (11880)
I like the settings of many features in Wins 10, but in the end, with the headaches it caused me, I wonder if it was worth it...
@caopaopao (7467)
My computer has a windows 7 system. I hardly use the computer. Because mobile phones are basically replacing computers.
@YrNemo (11880)
Some people told me that wins 7 was one of the best. I never had that one I think, I was having Vista at the time. (Before that, I hardly touched anything called PC .)
@1hopefulman (27601)
17h
I have not updated my Windows and I hope what I have will continue to work as all is well at this time.
@bunnybon7 (35973)
• Holiday, Florida
23h
its just hard to say what will keep us going these days. sometimes i think something has taken over my pc that i don't know about either