Giving up on survey sites

Bunbury, Australia
I’ve just cashed out on a couple of survey sites and now I’m unsubscribing from them. It has taken me ages to cash out and I’m fed up with being kicked off surveys and/or taken to ones I didn’t click on. I also don’t like the deceit of getting part-way through a survey then suddenly getting the ‘sorry but the quota for this survey has been reached’ message. For a while now I’ve believed it’s my age (72) and my gender (female) that has gone against me but to be fair I’m a dead loss to those who run surveys. I don’t watch any commercial TV and never have done, I watch very little free-to-air TV, I don’t follow any sports, rarely go to movies (am I starting to sound boring?), never know what shampoo I regularly buy or how much it costs, rarely listen to the radio, don’t read newspapers or magazines and Vince deals with all the financial issues. And what's more, they never ask if I myLot. So we’ll all be better off if I unsubscribe. But just to show I’m not always boring, here’s me on a flying fox in Confolens in France.
I quit all of the survey sites that I used to belong to also. I lost interest and found that my demographics were not favorable for the audience that they were targeting the surveys to. Besides......myLotting is SO much better.
@Juliaacv I earn more faster with surveys but mylot is more fun! I get so bored with the surveys!
@shaggin I don't like them. They bore me too.
I'm with you all the way!
With all the traveling you do, I'm not surprised you don't watch TV, read newspapers, or listen to the radio. You're very active, so I wouldn't say you're boring. I love hearing about your adventures. That picture takes courage. I couldn't do what you did there.
The hardest bit was just stepping off the platform. After that, you didn't have much say in what happened.
@JudyEv I'm sure it was the hardest part. But what about landing?
@just4him You had to slow yourself down at the end and that was a bit tricky. You had thick gloves as you could burn your hands if you weren't careful.
i do not like them as they keep asking for personal information. I just tried one and after letting me go through a lot of work they tell me that survey is not for me
It gets annoying doesn't it?
@franxav (5940)
You are never boring. Your posts are interesting . And the pictures you attach are just wonderful. And your enthusiasm for travelling is something not many have.
@franxav I agree her posts always interest me!
We are off again next May but I'll write about it soon. @shaggin Thank you both for the kind words.
You look pretty agile!
Haha. Thank you but I just had to sit there and hang on!
@xFiacre (6594)
@judyev I joined one and initially was awarded rather a lot of airmiles for my trouble. Then I started being declined when asked my roll in my company if I had the last say in ordering office supplies etc. They never had catagories I could tick regarding work. So I quit - surveys that is, not work.
Some surveys I had the same thing - not box to put Not applicable of whatever and I was forever guessing whether x company was seen as trustworthy or not as I'd never heard of them before.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
I have a couple websites that I stick too but got rather annoyed Las week when I finished one and it timed me out of it.
I've earned quite a bit over the years I suppose but I've had enough now.
@rakski (24380)
oh my, such a thrilling activity. I am one with you there. I do not think we are boring, it is just that those sites never want people to cash out so soon.
I think they want responses from younger people really.
@thislittlepennyearns @JudyEvans @rakski @arunima25 I used to do surveys way back but gave up on them before I could cash out on them. I lost patience. I did get some good focus group payments outta some but so many people are trying to do online work for extra pay that it's hard to even get into focus groups anymore. You have to be diligent with the email notices for surveys and pick up on them quickly to qualify before their quota fills up. I don't check my email enough to do it anymore. It also takes too much time and work for little pay.
@rakski (24380)
@JudyEv maybe. maybe not but I think it is not worth it because before you can reach their cash out, it would take you so much time.
Survey websites are a waste of time. I have given up most of them except Global Test Market
@freelancermariagrace I tried that one but didn't get any success with it either. I totally agree with you about survey websites.
I did quite a lot with Global Test Market.
@TishaMears Really? But why? I haven't been paid yet but I am keeping my hopes up with that website
@arunima25 (10739)
• Bangalore, India
I have got mixed reviews about survey. I joined a few in last few months and I have already given up on few of them. Only sticking to three of them which seem a little better.
Certainly some sites are better than others.
@arunima25 (10739)
• Bangalore, India
@JudyEv I just want to have the least on my list. It helps to utilize time better.
@arunima25 I can understand that.
@1hopefulman (36255)
Wow, you are very athletic! I tried a few surveys but never qualified. I don't think they have many surveys for senior citizens.
You don't have to be athletic. Just sit there and hang on.
@1hopefulman (36255)
@JudyEv If you say so! It still takes a lot of courage!
I do pretty well with surveys but I hate the late disqualifications as well. Yesterday I started one and it had me watch 12 minutes of whatever I wanted on YouTube to evaluate what I watch and how I use it. As soon as I got done watching the 12 minutes of video it disqualified me which was a waste of my time! Most of the surveys I earn from seem to want the opinions of my kids more then they want my opinion.
Sometimes they don't tell you what the survey is about then it goes into financial institutions. Half of them I've never heard but they want your opinion about them. It all got too much for me in the end.
@JudyEv yeah I usually just close out and don’t finish those it’s so boring and long
That looks like fun! Surveys can be a real pain..half the time or more than half they are a waste of time..but I guess I get excited about a few pennies thrown my way..sad...
I've had some good gift cards over the years but it's time to give it away I think.
@ethal2018 (407)
Great pic.. all of those reasons is why I stopped years ago. got nothing out of all work & time put in. Im sticking to mylots and my other stuff I do.
I agree. I think I'm past surveys now.
• Lenox, Georgia
I don't blame you. I don't like the survey sites, I never qualify for any.
It was okay for a few years but it's go worse and worse lately.
• Cuddalore, India
I hate survey sites and never be a part of them. Forum sites are interesting. Mylot too.
I don't know anything about forum sites. I'm glad to be finished with survey sites.
• Cuddalore, India
@JudyEv Forum sites are interesting to work than survey sites. Also, then money from forum sites are comparatively higher.
@Lignitecityabishek96 That's good. Survey sites don't pay much at all.
@moffittjc (48382)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm still on a few survey sites, but I'm realizing over the past few years that I'm qualifying for less and less surveys. Pretty soon it won't be worth it for me to remain on those sites either.
You might be getting too old too!
@moffittjc (48382)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JudyEv You would think they would want the opinions of a handsome 29 year old such as myself!
@moffittjc Well, they don't want the opinions of a lovely 54-year-old like me that's for sure.
@sunrisefan (22390)
I've tried several survey offers here too and I end up wasting my time.
I haven't tried the surveys here as they don't seem to have a good name but I am on several other survey sites.
@sunrisefan (22390)
@JudyEv The surveys that I've tried were time-consuming :)
@sunrisefan You certainly don't earn much on an hourly basis.
@Janet357 (7576)
Hahahahah i have the same story to tell. Same experience thats why i dont like it. You are 72? Really? I thought you were just in 50s because of the most recent picture you posted. You were digging something for the upcoming concert. That pic.
That photo was taken a few years ago. I guess I would have been 60 something there.
@Janet357 (7576)
@JudyEv you look so much younger than your age.
@Janet357 I chose my profile picture very carefully!
@Ronrybs (8237)
• London, England
I have been doing YouGov surveys for a couple of years. I quite enjoy some of them, especially the political ones. I get about £50 a year
That's not to be sneezed at. I can understand how some are interesting if you have an interest yourself in the subject.
@Ronrybs (8237)
• London, England
@JudyEv I do find the ones about TV programmes hard going. I can't be worth the few pennies they pay for those, as I dont watch the programmes they are interested in
@Ronrybs I don't seem to do anything they are interested in .