Have you ever been stuck in an elevator?

I got lucky today, came close though! We have this old elevator at work. This afternoon I went downstairs to the office to bring down some orders. When I came out of the office I wanted to go to the 3rd floor to go to the washroom and I didn't feel like walking up three flights of stairs so I push the button for the elevator. Just when it got down to me I realized I had to ask the boss a question. I walked into the office which is a few feet away and the power went off. Had I got in the elevator I would have gotten stuck in there. That would have freaked me out more then a bit. The power was out for about 30 minutes. Needless to say I walked the stairs the rest of the day.
No I have not knock on wood.
Knock knock lol
My goodness! What a very close call indeed. I would have been a mess myself. I have been stuck in an elevator before. I think atleast twice, but maybe more than that? The only time I can really remember? We were stuck in there for a half an hour or more and it was terrifying. I had a friend of mine and another co-worker with me. I loathe elevators anyway, but having been stuck in one? Yikes. At that job we had to use the elevator.
How awful. I would have been terrorized.
@Happy2BeMe Well, when we were finally let free, I could have kissed the firemen. There were only three levels in the building we were in atleast.
@ScribbledAdNauseum I think I would have kissed them lol
@boiboing (13089)
• Northampton, England
I've been stuck in lifts at least 5 times.
Oh no..,how was It?
@boiboing (13089)
• Northampton, England
@Happy2BeMe Each time was different but it's not the sort of thing that worries me. I can't say the same for other people I've been stuck with.
@Hate2Iron (8748)
No thank goodness and lucky for you. Stuck for any amount of time would have freaked me out. I wonder when you will get into that elevator again??
I am not sure. I will definitely be getting lots of exercise going up and down the stairs
Lol. No elevator for you! No I haven't, I would not like it either.
Lol nope...so I guess I will be getting lots of exercise walking up and down the stairs
I was stuck a few times but the last one that I remember that was horrifying was when I was on the 10th floor. The elevator went to the 8th floor then it began going up and down like a yo yo. I was beyond scared and I was gone mentally. I had another lady breaking down and a man begging me to calm down. I can't remember much after the fire dept got me out I am sure I was at the er after that. My family was terrified for me the entire lobby was over crowded they could hear me so far away. My mom lived on the corner and some how she was able to know I was stuck. I was stuck about 5 times in my life. once between floors and again the fire dept got me out.
Omg that sounds terrifying, I can't even Imagine to to have it happen at least 5 times..Oh my..my heart races just thinking about it
@Happy2BeMe I was thinking I was going to die. I nearly broke my hand banging one time to get out. I was in there about 10 mins and you know it felt like hours. I was crying and just about pissed myself.
@sharon6345 oh my. I am sure I would be the same way.
I have been stuck a few times in an elevator and I was sick. I suffer of claustrophobia and I was really panicking when they finally got me out.
I do too so that is why I know I would not to well in that situation
@Happy2BeMe When I can I do not take the elevator, but in some places you have no choice.
@LadyDuck Yes there are some places like that
@florelway (1066)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
No, and heaven forbid
Hope it never happens
@florelway (1066)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Happy2BeMe as much as possible I avoid taking lifts that do not have an operator.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
O, I would feel the same. I' m not strictly afraid of closed spaces but, I always need some air and no crowds of people around me so, stairs are for my favourite way of walking inside the building.
Stairs are a gppd way to go
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@Happy2BeMe They are a safe zone
I haven't and would be terrified if i were to. I avoid them at all cost though. Besides at the hospital wheb you really have no choice.
Yes there are sometimes you are in situation where you can't afford them
@Happy2BeMe yeah. Unfrotauntely.
Never. You were lucky!
I sure was
@Tina30219 (38582)
• Onaway, Michigan
Glad to hear you was not stuck in the elevator. I never have been and I know if I ever was I would be freaking out for sure
Ya I can't even Imagine it
@Tina30219 (38582)
• Onaway, Michigan
@Happy2BeMe Me either
nope never.But there is always the first time
Yes that is true
@Happy2BeMe I only use the elevator once a week.Going to my weekly cancer center
@1hopefulman (36170)
That was a close call! I have an elevator where I live but so far I have never been stuck though others have.
Hope you never do
@1hopefulman (36170)
@Happy2BeMe Ne too!
@fluffy69 (1093)
Wow! Well it happened to me yet. Im afraid of it.
Hope it never does
@id_peace (8621)
Yes it was not 30 minutes. Way shorter maybe 10 or 15 minutes.
That would still be too long for me
No, I haven't been..but there was a big power outtage in the East in the 1960's that lasted quite awhile. A friend of mine was about to get on an elevator just before the power went out, but decided it was too crowded! Everyone else on there got stuck..for ages!
That would have been awful
@antonbunot (10275)
• Calgary, Alberta
I never experienced stuck in an elevator. I love watching JUST FOR LAUGHS - - and I saw how scared a woman stuck in an elevator alone with a coffin (with corpse) beside her. LOL
Lol that show is hilarious.
@debjani1 (4148)
Oh no. Luck betrays you. But a good exercise u had performed. Seriously without elevator , not always our body supports us to go through stairs. Even we have no elevator in our flat also.
That is true
@redurnet (1752)
I have only ever got stuck briefly, in a mall, but it was still a bit scary. I prefer to take stairs, if I'm honest.
Me too..much safer