Have you ever had to deal with a difficult neighbour?

Pixabay
@1hopefulman (38654)
It's good to be neighbourly. However, once in awhile it can be a real problem with some neighbours. Have you ever had to deal with a difficult neighbour? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a few difficult ones over the years. Here is one that became a special problem. Some years back, this woman moved next door to me. She knocked on my door when she moved in and asked to use the phone. After that she came a few times to use the phone. She felt lonely and may have had some mental issues and would often want some company. She would know when I was home and kept wanting to just come in for some company. She had no bad intention. She was just lonely. I tried to get a few women friends for her so that she would have some companionship. I was so glad when she moved out.
We have been fortunate not to have had difficult neighbors. I do know there are some neighbors here who do not like each other that much and may have had disagreements; I am just glad we are not involved in that kind of thing.
@1hopefulman (38654)
That is great news that you have had good neighbours. Most that I have had have been a pleasure but there have been a few nightmares. over my lifespan.
We've been very fortunate to have always had nice, helpful, friendly neighbors over the years up north. I believe it is due to living in a nice community on 2+ acres where the homes are close, but not on top of each other. Here in Florida, we did have Dr. Jay, but he's long gone.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Yes, I remember the infamous Dr. Jay! Most of my neighbours ave been a pleasure but there were a handful over the years that I wished I never had them as neighbours.
@1hopefulman It's so different living in a house than living in an apartment or condo. We've been lucky other than with Dr. Jay.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@DianneN Over the years I have had a handful of difficult neighbours. Life is life!
@akalinus (25238)
There used to be some women on the corner who fought a lot. I could hear them screaming and cussing at each other. They were loud. One of them moved out and there is peace right now.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Yes, I have had a few screamers over the years. They do not make for pleasant neighbours. I'm glad that things are peaceful in your neighbourhood. What a difference one neighbour can make.
@akalinus (25238)
@1hopefulman I don't know why those two could not get along. I think they used words I never heard before, and I was married to a Marine.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@akalinus I hear you!
In the house next to ours lives an American. He's married to a German woman. He loves shovelling snow already at 6 o'clock in the morning. If you've ever heard what kind of noise a metal shovel makes on asphalt, you know why we hate him. I don't know what he does this winter to get over his frustration. It hasn't snowed! Once the couple ordered gardeners to cut back a bush which stands on our territory but they claimed that some branches were hanging into their space.
@louievill (21313)
I'm lucky to live in a corner lot so we only have a neighbor on one side and at the back and it's all firewalled. Even if it's not that way I get along well not just with neighbors but the whole street.probably because there was a time when I was very active im our community.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Yes, those shovels can make a lot of noise. I wonder why he can't wait till the neighbours are awake to shovel. You got some relief this year. We had no relief as we got a lot of snow and will be getting some more on Sunday.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@louievill Glad you have no problem with your neighbours. That is a blessing. I have had a few nightmares but most have been good neighbours.
@Sojourn (2629)
I had a couple in my next door flat beside my bedroom who bad mouthed one another whole night and shouted at the top of their voice. They have shifted to another just a month back.... phew.
@1hopefulman (38654)
That must have been disturbing! So, now everything is peaceful?
@Sojourn (2629)
@1hopefulman Yeah...
I had before. It was really a serious thing to deal with them. Luckily. they were evicted.
@1hopefulman (38654)
It's not pleasant! I'm glad that for many years now I have not had any troublemaking neighbours.
@1hopefulman It has been a year only that this evil neighbor left our place.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@Shavkat Peace is great!
@KristenH (26341)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yes I have. I had two neighbors--both lived in the same apartment next to me, but not at the same time. I both had to deal with loud noise at night--partying, playing music, talking loud. And they weren't supposed to, since it's against leasing rules. But they stopped after I told on them.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Neighbours like that can make life unpleasant. I'm glad they quieted down and behaved once you talked to them.
@KristenH (26341)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@1hopefulman Yeah they were. Me too. I did talk to my former neighbor but not my newest one who's been here almost a year. I mostly talked to my landlady about it.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@KristenH Hopefully, all is peaceful at this time.
We are very lucky, we do not have annoying neighbors.
@1hopefulman (38654)
That's great! So, in all your life you never had a neighbour that caused you problems?
@1hopefulman When we lived in Monte Carlo in an apartment complex the old lady who lived nest to our apartment was a bit nosy, but she has never been a nuisance.
@kepweng (22632)
@LadyDuck have u already experience alterecation with your neighbors??
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
Not too many, But I have mostly lived in the country away from people.
@1hopefulman (38654)
I'm happy for you because bad neighbours can spoil one's happiness.
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
@1hopefulman I know ways to make them want to move
@1hopefulman (38654)
@wolfgirl569 Ohh! Maybe you are the neighbour that makes trouble!
@dya80dya (12118)
I had a neighbor with mental health problems. He used to sing and clap his hands.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Did he do that day and night?
@dya80dya (12118)
@1hopefulman Yes. And he lived alone.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@dya80dya So how did the story end?
@YrNemo (16439)
To be liked too much could be a problem! Yes, I did have problems with some neighbors in the past. It was not fun.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Yes, bad neighbours are not fun! She was a nice woman but felt lonely and just wanted to be with someone but I felt I was being stalked as whenever I came also she would knock on the door. She needed to live with someone.
@YrNemo (16439)
@1hopefulman (I could imagine you then, feeling like the noose was closer and closer around your neck ... )
@1hopefulman (38654)
@YrNemo I'm glad she moved out and I hope she found happiness.
@mandala100 (57254)
Not difficult neighbor but difficult people or clients.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Well, at least you have peace when you get home.
@mandala100 (57254)
@1hopefulman Yes my friend.
No ours are fine.no problem.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Glad that you have never had a bad neighbour!
All too many through the years.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Thankfully in all my 69 years on this earth I have had only about five. Thankfully I have had many good neighbours most of the time.
@kepweng (22632)
99 perceny of my neighboor is a bad person?
@1hopefulman (38654)
That's not good!
@kepweng (22632)
@1hopefulman its happens reality we cannot force someone to love like us???
@1hopefulman (38654)
@kepweng That's true! Usually 99 people out of 100 like me. It is just the odd one that doesn't like me.
I'm sorry you had a difficult neighbor. I can't recall having a difficult one.
@1hopefulman (38654)
I think in all my life I have had about 5 problem neighbours but had have mostly good neighbours.
@1hopefulman I remember having one, just thought about her. She was my neighbor in California. She always tried to make my day a bad one. One day, I told her off. It was my birthday and I always felt empowered on my birthday. I wasn't going to let anyone ruin the day for me. She never was a problem after that.
@1hopefulman (38654)
@just4him Good that you straightened that neighbour out!
Where I lived previously, the neighbors were a bit difficult..They liked to complain about my dog. It was a townhouse community though and he liked to bark..and or whine at times..so I couldn't really blame them for that..but one time, my cat got out..and got in the guys truck..and he said he would take it out and drop it in the woods..that was mean! Apparently, they had problems with the woman who lived next to me and her cats though so I think I just got the brunt of that.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Threatening to harm your poor cat though wasn't nice!
@1hopefulman It was not at all..and they had cats themselves!
@1hopefulman (38654)
@snowy22315 They were not good neighbours.
@Shiva49 (15416)
I have had unpleasant neighbors but tolerable. Some were out to take advantage and to test the limits of our tolerance - siva
@1hopefulman (38654)
In the early seventies, we had a crazy neighbour who physically attacked a few neighbours. He also attacked me and pummeled me with his fists and I had to go around with a black eye for a few weeks. Thankfully, they evicted him and we never had another bad neighbour in that area again.
@Shiva49 (15416)
@1hopefulman Sorry to hear that; it is awful. I recall some family quarrels and shouting that disturbs the peace at odd hours - siva
@1hopefulman (38654)
@Shiva49 Once in awhile I have had a bad neighbour but over all life has been pretty good.
@norcal (4133)
• Franklinton, North Carolina
We have lots of space between us and our neighbors, and everyone pretty much keeps to themselves.
@1hopefulman (38654)
Yes, it is good when there is some space. The bad neighbours were when I was living in apartments.
• Rochester, New York
i have a neighbor two houses down who is a nosey one. She looks in peoples windows and dumps trash in other people's yards.
@1hopefulman (38654)
That's very unpleasant! I think there is something wrong with her.