Can we become sick if we stay indoors?

@dya80dya (12076)
Romania
Many people told me that I will be sick if I spend too much indoors. Can lack of sun harm us so much? I don't spend enough time outside because I have some problems. But I wonder if this is true. Lack of sunlight can make us depressed, but sick? If this is true, I was not aware that exposure to sunlight is so important. Do you feel worse when you spend time indoors? And when you aren't exposed to sunlight?
@Sreekala (26941)
Yes, Sunlight is important for us on daily basis. If you can explore on your balcony then that is enough.
@dya80dya (12076)
I try to stay on my balcony for 20 minutes. But we don't have sunshine each day.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Yes it is..while at home it can~
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I have no idea about it,what I know is we need Vitamin D which can only be sourced from sunlight.
@dya80dya (12076)
Vitamin D can also be found in fish liver, sardines, cooked egg yolk, beef liver, salmon, tuna.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
True we need vitamin d for balance
@florelway (3508)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@dya80dya yes, but we may not be able to get enough Vitamin D required by our body the same potency we get from natural source, which is the sun.
@1hopefulman (38544)
Yes, we need to be exposed to the sun at least for 20 minutes each day and the fresh air and walk will also do us good.
@dya80dya (12076)
Do you feel better after a walk? I wonder what will happen if we aren't exposed to the sun.
@1hopefulman (38544)
@dya80dya I went out today for a couple of hours and I felt so good to be out. We need some sun exposure for Vitamin D and it is also antibacterial and antiviral. A lot of good happens when we are out in the sunshine and fresh air every day.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@dya80dya A VitaminD deficiency, which causes depression.
@simplfred (7957)
Vitamin D, they used to say. I don't know if I will consider that but as to my own observation my wife that don't want my kids to expose outside because they might get sick usually turns sickly...
@dya80dya (12076)
And do they stay inside?
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Correct.. Vitamin d
@kepweng (22396)
i spending my whole life at my house and nothing happens to me
@dya80dya (12076)
And how do you feel?
@kepweng (22396)
@dya80dya nothing i just feel moody bout u?
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
For now maybe nothing...
@hereandthere (35608)
if you get anxious when you're out, maybe you can find a spot in your house that's sunny and stay there a bit with the window open for fresh air, too.
@dya80dya (12076)
I stay on my balcony, but we don't have sunlight each day.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Nice idea..yes you can do that while at home! Wisely
We can become sick under any circumstances.
@dya80dya (12076)
I agree. With sunlight or without it.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
You have a point there
• Pamplona, Spain
Sunlight gives us in part vitamin D which what we need so much of. Dark days can be depressing all depends on how you look at it. Even being on the balcony if you have one or just outside the front or back door or peeping out of it can help.
@dya80dya (12076)
I stay on my balcony for 20 minutes. I hope it's enough. Days without sunlight are depressing for me.
• Pamplona, Spain
@dya80dya Then go back out again if you can and stay another 5 minutes bit by bit. I have learned to look at it from another perspective really and its true that they can be depressing but you have to find the good part about it of course the good part of that is different for each of us.
@dya80dya (12076)
@lovinangelsinstead21 Have you found the good part of dark days? Or winter days?
@DianeBorg (456)
• Malta
I think it is not only the sunlight that is important but also the fresh air.
@dya80dya (12076)
I keep my windows opened. Fresh air is very important.
• Malta
@dya80dya But still, you need to get outside, try going out for few moments every now and then if you can't stay for long.
@dya80dya (12076)
@DianeBorg I stay on my balcony. But we don't have sunlight each day. Most days are cloudy. When I go out I can stay a few minutes.
@Janet357 (10131)
Morning sunlight is healthy. But the afternoon one is not. It even causes cancer.
@Sreekala (26941)
We need the light from Sun not the heat so you have adjust and get it according to the perfect time. earning morning or evening time.
@Janet357 (10131)
@dya80dya (12076)
Now we don't have this problem because it's not summer time. But in the summer the sun can be dangerous.
Being outside in the sun gives us some much needed vitamin D.
@dya80dya (12076)
I take calcium with vitamin D. I think a supplement has more vitamin D.
@Torunn (3276)
• Norway
Not enough sunshine can cause vitamin D-deficits. In North Europe we're adviced to take D-vitamin- supplements in the winter as there's only daylight for some hours every day. Not enough exposure to daylight can also cause bad sleep. I feel restless if I spend a whole day inside, it happens very seldom though
@dya80dya (12076)
Some people can't spend a day inside. I am anxious if I get out. Here we are also advised to take D-vitamin- supplements.
@Sheali (6139)
Yes, if you stay indoor for many days, with closed doors and windows, you may fall sick..
@dya80dya (12076)
I keep my windows opened and I stay on my balcony for 20 minutes.
@Sheali (6139)
@dya80dya Then you won't face any health issues but yaa, if you won't communicate with people, you may have psychological issues, ut that depends on the person too
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
@Sheali that's another issues, yes it can..
@Shivram59 (9045)
@dya80dya Yes,exposer to sunlight is very essential for our physical and mental health.I can't stay indoors for long.
@dya80dya (12076)
I have to stay indoors because I am very anxious outside.
@Shivram59 (9045)
@dya80dya I understand your problem.Still I would like to suggest you that if you spend a little time.outdoors in sunlight,it would improve your health.
@janethwayne (2439)
You can just go outside especially in the morning to have some sunlight or stay in a place in your house that the sunlight can come in.Yes we do need that.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Agreed.. Better in the morning
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
The lack of sunlight can depress us but also make us sick, we need vitamin D and we get it from the sun.
@karakay (106)
It's not exactly the sunlight that you need, it's what you can see, feel, and experience outside. You need to go out to breathe fresh air, to sweat from the heat of the sun and the busy life, to mingle and interact with other people for added knowledge about life, and to live a life with a purpose. You can't do that if you stay indoor all the time.
@debjani1 (4628)
I feel depressed when I spend time indoors for a long time. I like outdoors at least once in a week. Sunlight is very important to get vitamin d.
@KlyliePot (4966)
• Cavite City, Philippines
Yes our body needs sunlight at least a seconds or minutes a day..we needed vitamin d , lots of people suffering on psoriasis is because they not exposed to sunlight and there immune system is affected too!
@vandana7 (69966)
I do not like moving out in some seasons. That is March, April, May, and first 10 days of June. It does not mean I do not move out. I drastically cut down on movement, and reprogram it to evenings if possible. That is because it is disgustingly hot out here. All other seasons, I am hopelessly in love with Sun. So I guess, I have no issues. So I would not be the best source.