is there some new way to seperate sick people in a doctors office from others ?

I really wonder if you go into an appointment and you are possibly contagious and so are others but with different things...dosent it seem ironic that all sick people are mixed up together? This causes more ilness as well as is very risky to some peoples well being. Do you think that the health department should requrie more rooms?, seperations
@getnbuy (1315)
They should put sick people in isolation, but I guess there isn't enough room. I have been in emergency rooms where all kinds of very sick people were crammed together. I think this is very careless, but what can you do?
I read every magazine released in the last 6 months, so if you want to know anything related to that just ask me lol Thats how long it took... I even read some of them twice......
@devideddi (1437)
Funny you should ask, we just came from there! My did is bad sick. My children's doctors office has two waiting rooms one for well kids one for sick kids. I thought it was a great idea, especially for mothers of newborn babies bringing them in for well checks.
That is really a good idea. So many things are so contagious and so many people especialy elderly and people with compromised immune systems. I just thought about it all and wondered what could be done?
@AskAlly (3627)
I think that is an idea that needs work. If you are ill, someone obviously drove you to the doctors office. Will they have the choice to sit where they want? I would not have wanted to be separated from my kids when they were sick? Would it have been my choice to choose which room I sat in? Believe me the last place I want to be is in a hospital or doctor's office, but I would not leave a loved one that was feeling ill. Maybe they could pass out those face masks instead.
you know what really bugs me is all these kids with runny noses and needing kleenex and some of the parents are like pretending to be in la la land..... I mean good grief , cant they carry kleenex and make sure they look after their childrens needs?
@sigma77 (5385)
That might be a consideration. But any new type of law will be very expensive if doctors have to remodel their offices. This will increase the cost of health care. I think that the sicker people could be admitted into a serperate room rather quickly. Perhaps waiting rooms could be divided into 2 different rooms. One for the sickest and one for the not so ill.
I was surprised about how many people were saying well the wait is so long I am going to go ut and eat and come back lol Listen one trip in the door is enough for me but guess what I ended up having to go eat because when I got the pharmacy I was told well its going to be awhile because we r so busy llol This was 5 hours into the events lol...talk about thirsty lol
@linda345 (2661)
I know in Canada, in hospitals you have to answer questionairres. Depending what the answers are to the questionairres, you may be given a mask to wear or admitted to a room immediatelly. In a doctors office, it is everyone for them self. I think if they were more careful there would be less illness.
Then to top it all off this woman who wouldnt stop talking to breathe, no I am sorry this woman went after every ear in the place. I stepped ourside and she got me there too as I tried to come back in , she started it up again,lol
@wolfie34 (26881)
Sorry I know I shouldn't make fun out of this, but I can just see our local surgery, having the big room for everyone divided up into different categories, aisle one for coughs and sneezes, aisle two for mumps and measles, aisle three for sprains and injuries, aisle four for anything else that doesn't include aisle one to three and aisle five if you are waiting for samples! I know what you mean you could go in totally healthy and then pick up all manner of bugs, germs and viruses and you only went in to ask for a repeat prescription!
@devideddi (1437)
lol
Yes I do think they should be separated. When I lived in Germany I had a case of suspected German measles. I was told by the receptionist that I would have to come in by the back door and wait in another area in case there were any pregnant women in the waiting room. I was very impressed at that.
@yanjiaren (9050)
this is a very interesting ppoint..often i see the doc's surgery with so many overcrowning situations..and people cooughing and spattering every where..what id they have tb or something lke that? i have often wonderd about that myself..it would be as good idea..but where are they going to find the resourses when they are busy funding the war in iraq!u
this one gets me is that they ask , does it hurt? AHHHHHH I have a knot in my lynpnoid gland that is the size of a lemon and it was growing while i was waiting...lol of course it hurts ...what would you expect me to say...lol
@kgwat70 (13398)
At my doctors office there is no possible way to separate them since it is not a big office and it only has limited seating, which is all in one area. I do not have a problem with it at all since I am only there when I am sick and most of the others there are sick as well. I don't think being around sick people will make a person more sick, especially if you are sick already. I do not think there should be more rooms. I like my doctors office the way it is now.
I think my response gives and example where you could make some-one else sicker or in danger.
@mnksmommy (302)
I must say that I have considered this before. Actually, I think about it every time I take my children to the doctor. I am sure we couldn't force the clinics to do it, but it would really be nice! I agree that it causes more sickness. I know that couldn't separate by illnes ie- a flu room, a strep room, etc...so yeah it would be nice to just be put in the examing room after checking in...they'd need many more patient rooms though. Still, I would the idea! Doctors probably would fight it though! Usually if my kids are just in for allergy issues, I try to keep them away from the "sick" kids! I make the wash their hands after playing with the office toys. And there have been times that I have had a really sick kid try to hug my kid or touch them when they were babies. I usually try to sit in the section with the least amount of people and frequent hand washing and using hand sanitizer. But I like your thoughts on this.
@lifeiseasy (2292)
I have a peditrican that has a different entrance and room for the sick and the well kids ...I think it is wonderful ...Kids can carry so many germs unknowingly that this is the best way to keep other kids form getting what the sick kids come in for ...it would be wonderful for every Doctors office to have ...I hat going tothe hospital for just that reason ...ther is sick people there and I sure don't want what they have ...flu ,pnemonia...etc
Yes I do. At my childrens pediatrician they have one door for the well visits and another door for the sick visits. the room is separated by half wall half glass to separte the sick and the well. this should be mandatory for all doctors especially health departments.
It would really cut back on compounding illness because so much is air born and so easy to catch. I hope they will also work on something like automatic timed lysol dispensers or something like that in the waiting rooms.
@mkirby624 (1599)
What's really unfair is when you go in there because you have a sprained foot or inflammed tendons...and there you are with all the flu-stricken people. All you want is to know you don't have a broken bone and to not pay the outrageous ER fee, and you end up surrounded by germs.
I know thats along the lines of what I am talking about. I know its a hard problem to solve but I would love to see some kind of solution.
@Rittings (673)
What are you doing in the doctors if you ain't sick??? I don't understand haha.
@mkirby624 (1599)
Well, if you sprain something, a regular doctor can help you out with that. if you go to the ER, you have to pay a huge ER fee. So that's why you go if you aren't "sick" Also, remember that children have checkups, especially newborns.
It is one of the things that really bothers me in life. I hate taking my kids in for their well child visits when they are perfectly well and expose them to everything that is going around. We fill them up with vitamin c before we go but they usualy always get mildly sick after. I agree 100% that they should seperate people. I dont want to go into the ER with a broken arm and go home with a deadly virus. Even if they admitted sick people into their rooms, wouldnt the rooms be contaminated then? Is there any way to really keep away from it?
Now get this, I have always stood up when I have taken shots in the hip. Now here comes this big ole nurse that says well you cant do that anymore so you have to lay down on the table. If you fell the we would be responsible....lol-
@WebMann (4732)
Don't talk like that we all have to go to our doctor's office. :) I have been at my doctor's office and seen an oriental lady wearing a face mask, she wasn't taking any chances.
Yes, there should be something the health department should do. Perhaps more rooms for very sick people. But it would raise the cost of the visit, as the doctor's would have to have a bigger office and pay more rent. I don't think we will ever see it. Perhaps we should wear a mask in the waiting room to avoid germs from the very ill. What do you think? Please rate me the best response, if you are happy with my reply. Blessings, M&M
• Japan
i think sick people should be separated
I KNOW what you mean! I used to go the doctor and be sick and think what if I get what THEY have? I wish we could just sit not so close together. I used to try to get a chair far from them and sit there so as to not catch something I dont already have. Ugh. It would suck to get sicker then I already was.
Mmmmm...I don't really see that that is necessary, at least in the rooms I've been in there is plenty of room for everyone. Additionally, if you feel like you don't want to be next to someone who is very ill and seemingly contagious you can always stand outside the waiting room after checking in, or something like that. Seperating the two feels too much like what people used to do to lepers. However, they can admit the more contagious faster, that wouldn't be seperating them and no discrimination would be present. Perhaps I am being too sensitive though, I do see your point about getting others sick.