How do you cope with headaches?

Do you take painkillers? Go to sleep? Use lavender? I suffer from headaches a lot, and am very interested to hear how other people deal with them. Usually, I lie down in a quiet, dark room and only take painkillers when it is really bad.
@anyablue (363)
I try not to take aspirin because it is very upsetting on my stomach. What I do instead is drink a cup of chamomile tea and have a nap. By the time I wake up the headache has passed. If you can though you might want to consult your physician if you have frequent headaches. Also, your diet can increase headaches. I notice if I eat too much white bread, suger, and soda I have an increase in headaches.
@shilpaum (1753)
I do exactly the same...lie down in a quiet, dark room and only take painkillers when it is really strong headache,but this is possible when we got time to rest.Other times, ignorance is the only way.
@wdiong (1818)
I suffer from headaches too and when I do, I normally take Paracetomol for relief. I usually need to sleep it off after taking the medicine and I'll also rub some medicated oil on my temples.
@Dinner (153)
I just try to ignore it and it eventually goes away. Don't recognize the pain, it won't affect you. But, if it ever does get really bad, like from an injury or something, then I might take some Advil.
@freesoul (3024)
• Egypt
for painkillers I only takes Aspirin and sleep it off if I have the chance.. sleep what works the best for me if I have the time for it, other things that i found helpful are, long steamy showers and sometimes making love does relief headaches too ;)
i have them so acute i have to take prescription imitrix and ibuprophin. they're migrane and sinus.
@ladym33 (11012)
I sometimes get sinus headaches, and when this happens I know that my sinuses are over stuffed. I will drink extra liquids, warm liquids are best. I will also take a nice hot as I can stand it shower and let the water trickled down around my forehead area to help loosen up the sinuses and get them to drain. If all of that fails to make me feel better then I will either take and Advil or a sinus headache pill. Then I am usually fine after that.
@_sketch_ (5711)
yoga, meditation, hot bath or shower. sometimes sleep if it's real bad. If I cant do these things because I am busy with work, school, etc. then I just take a pill, but I havent found one that really works.
Yes i do take painkillers like advil. And take at least 8 hours of sleep. Sometimes headache is due to stress from work or over fatigue.
@ronaldinu (12455)
• Malta
I usually take two panadols and go to rest a bit in a quiet room. I would make sure to eat a sandwich first before taking any painkillers.