Golf is for old people

June 3, 2007 7:33pm CST
I feel Golf is for old people.what is your opinion?
2 people like this
12 responses
@sandwedge (1339)
• Malaysia
8 Jun 07
..those old people will take away your money after they double up the bet on the 10th hole.
1 person likes this
8 Jun 07
Lol.Sure they will do that
1 person likes this
@jenius (131)
• United States
11 Jul 07
Golf is for anyone who enjoys it age shouldn't matter. The local highschool where I live has a golf team...so much for old people :D
14 Jul 07
That is interesting that your highschool have a golf team.Do you play golf?
@jenius (131)
• United States
15 Jul 07
No I myself do not play.
20 Jul 07
That is cool.I do not play either
@scribe1 (1203)
• United States
24 Nov 07
I used to think that way because most of the players were indeed older. I can't recall seeing young adults playing golf either. Now my views have changed somewhat and I think that I may try playing golf some time, just to see what it's like.
11 Apr 08
Exactly ,u see mostly old people playing the game .But that is changing now
@paidreader (5143)
• United States
4 Jun 07
LOL, I'm not so sure Tiger Woods would agree with you. :)
4 Jun 07
LoL,I am glad he has made it big in the game.
1 person likes this
• India
17 Jul 07
its a such a boring game to watch
• Saudi Arabia
21 Jul 07
Not true. I'm 43 and I regret not taking up this sport when I was younger :( The issue is very much debatable!
21 Jul 07
LoL.Actually you hardly see young people playing golf.Its not a sport young people think about so much
@LANewton (20)
14 Jul 07
I play golf and i am 20. I find that it is a nice relaxing sport to do compared with the other sports i play such as rugby and surfing. I tend to go and play on my own and it helps me to collect my thoughts. There has been a problem of not enough young people being able to play golf tho due to cost, it is ok at junior level as it doesnt cost that much but you will find when you turn a certain age such as 18 you will have to pay full membership including the initial joining fee and that cost can be in the thousands which many young people just cannot afford. My club has introduced a system where the price is different depending on your age and you do not have to pay full price membership untill you are 30. My membership this year was £120 and next year it will go up by about £50 or something. This has been really successfull in getting more young people to play golf and i think it should be adopted by more golf clubs because who will play golf in the future when all the old people are gone.
14 Jul 07
The price is something that will surely scare young people .I am glad you like the game at such a young age
@carpenter5 (6782)
• United States
24 Apr 09
I know that this discussion is older but when I found it today, I felt like I had to respond! Are you saying I'm old? LOL No, I don't think golf is for old people. I'm in my early 40's and I love the game. My husband is a year younger than me and he and his friends play all the time, along with my brother and his brother. It is a wonderful sport, especially for thsoe like me who have back problems and can't play anything that is considered a contact sport.
@lazytail (14)
• United States
5 Aug 09
Golf is not only for old people,young and old can both play this game.You can play this game alot longer than full contac sports like football,soccer,etc,etc.
@myfanwy65 (1030)
• United States
11 Jul 07
I think golf is for anyone who enjoys it. If it makes someone happy to be playing golf, what is wrong with that? Why would their age have anything to do with it? There is a simple solution. If you don't like golf, don't play it. Do what you enjoy.
14 Jul 07
That is true.It is a game of choice,but some people out there still think it is a game for old people
• United States
11 Jul 07
That is totaly false. Golf is a great sport and can be relaxing. This game takes patience and skill. Try it you might enjoy it.
14 Jul 07
Yes we all know it is a great sport.It is indeed a great sport
@kevin117 (95)
• China
12 Jul 07
well,there is still not a golf court in my city where i live and still less playing it.But i think,different age-phase persons could play it .It must be very interesting and wonderful! lol......
15 Jul 07
You mean there is no golf course in your city?Where are you?
8 Sep 10
Yes, I would agree it is for old people - even though u do get some young people playing it. It's hardly a sport is it!! It is the outdoor equivalent of tiddlewinks. It is not a sport, only a game in the same way as Chess is not a sport but is a game. It requires no physical fitness whatsoever so hence is really for old people, unless of course you are a boring person (because let's face it - golf is boring!) or crap at regular sports such as football, tennis, skateboarding etc. It is a GAME for old people (NOT a sport) - in the same way that garden bowls is a game for old people!