Why advertise a PPC site on the same PPC site?

Are these people just sloppy? - A picture of a puzzled lady. Photo source: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/43/112137491_fc90995ce5.jpg?v=0 .
Singapore
November 6, 2007 2:40am CST
From the side panel of my blog at lordwarwizard.blogspot.com, you can see that I have advertised some PPC sites as a viable sideline. From Wikipedia, Pay Per Click (PPC) is an advertising model used on search engines, advertising networks, and content websites/blogs, where advertisers only pay when a user actually clicks on an ad to visit the advertiser's website. To many people, the money to be made from these sites is laughingly negligible. Yet to some, I know every cent counts. Recently, I have been observing a weird kind of ads. There is nothing really "wrong" with these ads except that they are all advertising a particular PPC site on the same PPC site platform. I cannot understand why people will do this. For instance, why advertise bux.to ads within bux.to itself? For someone who has already joined as a member, he will first login then browse the ads. While logged in and clicking, he comes across an ad asking him to join bux.to... hmm, what is the whole point of this? If they hope to snare the ones who are already members but forget to login before clicking, would they be so stupid to register all over again when they already have accounts? Any thoughts on this? :P
10 people like this
5 responses
@mimpi1911 (25464)
• India
6 Nov 07
Hi Lordwiz, I am not much of a connoisseur regarding this, as you know I am sure, and I can't give my sensible input. However, it's really strange. Could it be possible that the site want to provide us with some additional things or it could be technical glitch that requires a more advanced software?? Anyways, nice to hear from you after long.
3 people like this
@mimpi1911 (25464)
• India
8 Nov 07
You are welcome, wizzy. I just hope your hibernation here is over. Do come back full time.
1 person likes this
• Singapore
6 Nov 07
I honestly can't guess. I hope it is not some hacker at work. *GASP* PS.: Thanks for remembering me! =)
1 person likes this
@mummymo (23706)
6 Nov 07
Honey I have absolutely no idea how this works or why they do this. Having said that I had to answer this post cos it is wonderful to see you and I have missed you loads wizzy! Big Hugs to my darling wizzy! xxxx
2 people like this
@wolfie34 (26771)
• United Kingdom
6 Nov 07
I'll second that with so many great and warm members leaving this site, it's great to see you back! Big hugs to both of ya!
3 people like this
@mummymo (23706)
6 Nov 07
Hey Little bro been missing you too! Are you back online now? If not can you let me know that you are using the library or whatever and I will give you a call if that is ok? Love you xxxx
2 people like this
• Singapore
6 Nov 07
Geez, hehe, you all make me blush... I am not sure if I am coming back fully. I have never left completely since I am still reading the email notifications everyday even though I don't reply. Believe you not, I am that crazy. I just feel uneasy if I don't at least glance through the email notifications - even if I don't reply. :P
1 person likes this
@ElicBxn (63252)
• United States
6 Nov 07
ah, filler? You know, your watching a TV station you can only get on the cable system you are on & they are advertizing their own cable system?
2 people like this
• Singapore
6 Nov 07
Um.. er.. LOL. :P
1 person likes this
@terri0824 (4991)
• United States
6 Nov 07
This is fact is a bit strange. Doesn't make a lick of sence to me. At any rate, have missed seeing you here on MyLot. Your quality discussions have been truly missed. Glad to see you post once again.
2 people like this
• Singapore
6 Nov 07
Geez thanks! =)
1 person likes this
@roberten (3128)
• United States
6 Nov 07
Using your example, I have visited bux.to as a visitor and came across offer to join up...now that made perfect sense.
2 people like this