Coasters for under your furniture...Do you use them?

@Feona1962 (7526)
United States
March 21, 2008 9:23pm CST
We were moving my desk in the office and it must weigh like 150 pounds or 68 kilos...No way am I lifting that...so we have these coaster type objects that slide under the desk and it slides really easy...We have them under our entertainment unit too because that is extremely heavy also...and you don't have to take anything off of the item you are moving either... They sure do help with the very heavy objects that otherwise we would have to take apart or enlist the Army to come in and move them..."Bring the tank guys, we've got ourselves a desk to move!" HA HA How about you, do you use them?
7 people like this
13 responses
@lishiwei (1550)
• China
22 Mar 08
You are very clever!Whan we do something we should think up all the ideas and use all the tools we could use so that we can success easier.So this kind of mind is very important.
5 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Hi lishiwei, It sure does make life easier...There is always more than one way to do something...
3 people like this
@muscare (3068)
• Australia
22 Mar 08
No, I'm so strong I just pick them up and move them....in my dreams, anyway LOL! No, we haven't got coasters, but I wonder if it is because of an experience we've had with them. When my wife and I got married, the place we went for our honeymoon had coasters on the bed!!! That made things really interesting, and funny, LOL!
4 people like this
@muscare (3068)
• Australia
23 Mar 08
Ok, you got me, my mind must've been on something else, as I was thinking of casters. As for that bed, we just shunted the bed to one wall, turned around, and shunted it all the way back, LOL!!! I know, I know, too much info!
2 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
I don't know where your mind is at but the coasters I am talking about do not have wheels...LOL..I can just see the two of you riding around on the bed...LOL...nightmare....LOL
2 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
12 Apr 08
Yeah..way toooooo much information..You are starting to scare me...LOL
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
27 Mar 08
yup have them under the couch for we move furniture around alot. also under a couple of chest that are heavy I like them for ya dont have to take anyhing out of them to move them this way
2 people like this
@Lakota12 (42600)
• United States
28 Mar 08
doing good and yup I love them fo rthat lots easir to move the furniture, thanks for prayer and hugs and blessings
1 person likes this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
27 Mar 08
Hi Lakota, how are you doing? I like the fact you don't have to take everything out or off of the furniture before moving...Glad you are back...
1 person likes this
@whyaskq (7523)
• Singapore
22 Mar 08
That's new to me. It is pretty clever of you to have some "wheels" underneath. We do have some coasters under heavy items but it is more to save the carpet. We should have thought of wheels. It will come in handy.. provide the wheels can be locked.
2 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
sliders for furniture - sliders used to move heavy furniture
I guess they are called sliders...I called them coasters but mine do not have wheels...sorry for any confusion..
1 person likes this
@ctrymuziklvr (11057)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Since I have wood floors I use those little stick on circular things because I move my furniture around so often...and you're right they sure do help move those heavier things!
@webeishere (36313)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Does this type collect dust in a cavity like the regular ones do? HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
2 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Hi ctrymuziklvr...the ones I have work real well on carpeting....
2 people like this
@megumiart (3771)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Our floors would be a nightmare if we didn't use coasters. xD I love how much easier they make it to move furniture, because I like re-arranging things a lot.
4 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
That is me too! I have to re-arrange stuff all the time...LOL
2 people like this
@gabs8513 (48686)
• United Kingdom
22 Mar 08
Nope I don't lol My Furniture is not really heavy though apart from my Bed and Settee and I just move them until I have them where I want them lol and I always get there
1 person likes this
@webeishere (36313)
• United States
22 Mar 08
I have uased them in the past but sis not like them actually. Just another thing that gathers and or collects dust to keep clean. I have strong friends and my son to help move my heavy furniture. HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
I love them and if it saves on my back then that is the best thing for me..My collect a little dust but I just run the vacuum over them...they make a funny vibrating noise when I do and the kids think it is funny....
2 people like this
@youdontsay (3497)
• United States
1 Apr 08
I use them, too! I think they are the best thing going. I can move almost anything myself now.
1 person likes this
@maddysmommy (16230)
• United States
22 Mar 08
I have never heard nor used them Terry. What are they called exactly? might be something I might need! :)
2 people like this
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
22 Mar 08
furniture sliders - Used to move heavy furniture
I found this picture on the internet..These look like the ones I use..They are called sliders..They aren't very thick..they come in different sizes..I think we picked ours up at walmart..but any hardware store may have them..I hope this helps..I use them on carpeting...
2 people like this
@CatsandDogs (13963)
• United States
22 Mar 08
Drink coasters with animal print - I use coaster all the time so my drink won't stain my furniture
Oh yes most definetely we use coasters for our drinks because we don't want our furniture to be ruined with drink stains. We bought all of our furniture brand new so we're going to take good care of it all.
1 person likes this
@Hatley (163781)
• Garden Grove, California
2 Apr 08
Tell me about it,my desk must have weighted a ton also but no we havent used coasters and we should because it would have made moving so much easier. You are a smart cookie to do this and I wish we had the last time we moved.
@Feona1962 (7526)
• United States
2 Apr 08
Thank you..It is such a relief not to kill myself trying to move something now...
• United States
22 Mar 08
I don't have any yet, but thats because I haven't been able to find them here in Germany. My husband is stationed here for another year...so maybe I can get some then. I have helped people use them to move furniture and they do work wonders! No scratching and takes a lot less effort to move heavy stuff.
2 people like this