What is your favorite movie quote? " Luke I am your father." - Darth Vader

United States
March 28, 2008 9:06am CST
We all watch movies and animes right? We all have favorite movies and animes? But what are you favorite movie and anime quotes? dogma Quotes "What are you going to do hit me with that fish?"-metatron. Star Wars " Luke I am your father." - Darth Vader Austin Powers " Yeah baby yeah." - Austin Powers Terminator " I'll be back" - the terminator. These were a few examples. The first one is my favorite quote from dogma by the metatron who was played by Alan Rickman. So now that I have your creative juices flowing what are yours?
13 people like this
42 responses
@uath13 (8192)
• United States
28 Mar 08
Do not try... DO Yoda to Luke when levitating the ship. Only one that comes to mind right offhand. Eanna could probably rattle off a lot more that I use without thinking of it.
2 people like this
@uath13 (8192)
• United States
28 Mar 08
Thing is I'm TRYING to do it now & it's not working.
2 people like this
• United States
28 Mar 08
my other half is like that .. He has so many quotes and remembers where they all came from and what he was doing and from who to whom they were going. LOL!!!
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
when your not on the spot you can come up with a million and one but on the spot forget about it. ..LOL!! I'm like that to.
1 person likes this
@ctrymuziklvr (11057)
• United States
28 Mar 08
My favorite quote is from my favorite movie of all time...Gone With the Wind. When Rhett was leaving Scarlett and she was begging him not to he didn't care about anything she said and his response was just "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn"....I love it!
• United States
28 Mar 08
I so love that quote also it's a great one. I use to use it all the time when asked something that i didn't care about. LOL!!!
2 people like this
@cher913 (25782)
• Canada
28 Mar 08
"life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you get..." from Forrest Gump "That's the Titanic...I hear it is unsinkable..." how many people said this in real life and how many lives did the sinking change? thousands!
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
great movies both of them ever watch dogma if you did I have a quote for you!
1 person likes this
@inkling (84)
• United States
28 Mar 08
Oh boy, I love movies with great scripts and we use favorite lines all the time in our house. Some of my favorites: "Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josie Wales. "You're gonna need a bigger boat." Roy Scheider in Jaws. "On my signal, unleash hell." Russel Crowe in Gladiator. smiles, ink
• United States
28 Mar 08
Could very well be----lol, a good line is a good line, no matter who utters it, right? smiles, ink
• United States
28 Mar 08
those are all great quotes. I love the don't piss down my back and tell me it raining. that is a good one.
1 person likes this
@Hatley (163781)
• Garden Grove, California
28 Mar 08
wonder if that is something that Judge Judy on tv borrowed and changed to don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining?
@skinnychick (6905)
• United States
28 Mar 08
I loved Dogma.. I liked: "no more yanky my wanky, Donger need food" from Sixteen Candles. When Judd Nelson told the teacher: "Eat my Sh*t" in the Breakfast Club. Back then all I wanted to do is say this to every single teacher I had. The best one I have heard recently was from an amazing movie called "Once", it was an independent film that is Irish I think, it won an Academy award for the song- Falling SLowly- which is great, it even beat out Disney songs- ok I love music. Anyway, there was a line in there that the female lead character said after the male lead invited her to his place- "I hanky panky you?" She had a Czech accent and it was pretty funny- I can't stop saying it. Have a great day!
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
All those lines are great especially the Breakfast club one. LOL!!! I love Dogma and was kinda sad that I missed watching it last night but I got really sick around 6 pm and didn't feel so good so I was just trying to get things done so I could get the kids in bed on time. LOL!!!!
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
yep it did!!!!
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
That sucks!
1 person likes this
• United States
8 May 09
Your favorite quote, "Luke I am your father" isn't even in Star Wars Episode 5: Empire Strikes Back! :) Or in any movie for that matter, except maybe parodies. The actual quote is "No. I am your father." But it has been misquoted so many times that it's common wisdom that the quote is "Luke, I am your father."
1 person likes this
• United States
12 May 09
This is not a let's correct a person this is a respond to the discussion. But you haven't so if you can respond to that discussion great, but if you're here to just correct people not so great.
@emeraldisle (13139)
• United States
30 Mar 08
Oh I have a lot of favorite quotes. If I listed them all I'd be here all day but here are a few that I do love and come right to mind: Masterminds: "You know, I'm not a violent man but I really do think I'm going to have to kill someone here." Arsenic and Old Lace: "Yes, I did. But you don't think I'd stoop to telling a fib." (after just admitting to killing 12 men) "Insanity doesn't just run in my family... it practically gallops!" The last I'll list is from Father Gooseand it's a series of lines between two people but you have to hear the first three to understand the last: Lieutenant Stebbings: Mother Goose is requesting a chaplain. Commander Frank Houghton: A chaplain? Good heavens, he's killed her. Lieutenant Stebbings: No, sir. They want to get married. Commander Frank Houghton: Married? Goody Two-Shoes and the Filthy Beast? If you haven't seen any of these movies I highly recommend them. Masterminds isn't out on DVD yet but it is available on VHS. The others are all on DVD.
@emeraldisle (13139)
• United States
1 Apr 08
Hehe you and me both. It fits so well with mine, probably why the quote sticks with me.
• United States
1 Apr 08
Insanity doesn't just run in my family ...it practically gallops. wow you have just described my whole family.
1 person likes this
• United States
1 Apr 08
I know what you mean LOL!!!
@chertsy (3798)
• United States
30 Mar 08
Mine is from the book/movie Dolores Claiborne, " Being a Bi*ch is all a woman has to live for. My other is from Gone With The Wind "Frankly my Dear, I don't give a damn". Those are the two that are my favorites.
@chertsy (3798)
• United States
30 Mar 08
I didn't quote that right and had a feeling that I didn't. Here's the correct saying "Sometimes being a bi8ch is all a woman has to hold onto".
• United States
31 Mar 08
I can't say how much that is right in Dolores Claiborne. LOL!!!
@teison2 (5921)
• Norway
29 Mar 08
"The Burbs" - comedy, with Tom Hanks At the Klopeks house Mr Rumsfield picks up a photograph: "Nice girl. Friend of yours?" Hans: "Came with the frame"
@teison2 (5921)
• Norway
29 Mar 08
Hi there! Finally someone else that has seen this great movie! I think it is extremely great There are so many things going on that it can be seen over and over and over again just to enjoy things in the background or enjoy the wonderful bodylanguage
• United States
29 Mar 08
I completely agree with that .. Tom Hanks does pick some of the best movies to play in. LOL!!!
• United States
29 Mar 08
That was such a great comedy I loved how he was going insane almost to prove these people were killers. LOL!!!
1 person likes this
@mummymo (23706)
28 Mar 08
I guess I am really unoriginal but my favourite has to be - Nobody puts baby in the corner - Johnny in Dirty Dancing! Maybe I should be less boring! xxx
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
Your not boring that is a freaking classic and from a really good movie. Thanks for the quote.
1 person likes this
@Daffodil20 (1754)
• India
28 Mar 08
"astalavista baby"-terminator2 oops....the juice bags need to be replenished i guess....can't think of any more!
• United States
28 Mar 08
I loved the second one also and that was a great quote!
2 people like this
@enola1692 (3323)
• United States
28 Mar 08
mamma always said life is like a box of chocaltes you never know what you going to get an dont forget RUN FORREST RUN yep forrest gump
1 person likes this
• United States
28 Mar 08
that was a great movie how could I have not put those quotes in.. LOL!!!
1 person likes this
@dizzblnd (3073)
• United States
27 Apr 08
hmmmmmmmmmmmm good question.. I can think of 1 off the top of my head "does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe?" Breakfast Club I have many others but that one sticks out and I can't think of anymore
• United States
27 Apr 08
Wow that just time warped me back to the 80's so bad. LOL!!! thanks for the trip down memory lane. LOL!!!
• United States
27 Apr 08
So did I. LOL!!!
@dizzblnd (3073)
• United States
27 Apr 08
anytime!! I loved the '80s
@DonnaLawson (4032)
• United States
4 Apr 08
Well, as I have said before, I am "old school" or older than dirt, but what about Barney Fife in Andy Griffith's tv show when he said "Nip it in the bud, just nip it".. I am not sure if anyone on here is old enough to remember the show or Barney, you had to see him and hear the line to appreciate the seriousness of this great advice that he was giving to Andy at the time.. Oh well, don't laugh at me, remember, if you live long enough, you will be as old as I am one day, lol.. Enjoyed all of the comments and remembered most of them..
• United States
25 Apr 08
don knotts right. LOL!! I must be old to remember that. LOL!!
• United States
25 Apr 08
If you remember that line, you are either old or just watched one of the reruns on TV land.. Usually when this particular show runs, there is a note before it starts and tells that this is the show that Barney used the line "Nip it in the bud, just nip it", so we must not be the only ones that remember it, we are just the only ones admitting that we remember it.. But, you gotta admit, it was osme good advice from old "Barn"
• United States
26 Apr 08
yep I have to admit I'm 30 and yep it was still on and yep I think that is a great piece of advice. LOL!!!
• United States
29 Mar 08
I am not sure of the movie this came from but my favorite quote is "are you ready Roy" "I was borned ready" I heard this quote a long long time ago and it has stuck in my mind,this is my favorite quote that I made up "you can not change the past you can not predict the future so live for today and make it the best possiable have faith in the Good Lord and believe
• United States
29 Mar 08
Good quotes.. Thanks for your response and have a nice one.
• United States
15 Mar 13
"are you ready Roy" "I was borned ready" this quote is from Smokey and the bandit.
• Philippines
29 Mar 08
from a filipino movie "MILAN" "kailangan mo ba ako dahil mahal mo ako o mahal mo ako dahil kailangan mo ako?"
• Philippines
31 Mar 08
in english: "do you need me because you love me or you love me because you need me?"
• United States
29 Mar 08
Haven't heard of it but what does it translate to in english?
@manya_pearl (1901)
• Singapore
31 Mar 08
The quote that i'm gonna share here is not from movie or anime, its from taiwanese drama~ romantic princess. There a scene when princess Huang fu zhan run from her grandfather's castle, back to her beautiful house that she gave to her adopt parents. her adopt parents leave her and she was depressed to stay in her big castle faces with many rules and feeling uncomfortable... She stand in the front of that nice house, cried and said... "This expensive and nice house, without family is NOTHING!" Its really touched, since money cant buy happiness... Family is the center of our happiness, and the most important thing in my life is to make my family happy and proud of me.
• United States
1 Apr 08
couldn't agree more with you that is an awesome and true saying. LOL!!!
@mykz1130 (74)
• Philippines
3 Apr 08
Well it's not from a movie, from a TV show. "Save the cheer leader, save the world". -Heroes
• United States
25 Apr 08
Good series. Definitely a good quote.
• Philippines
26 Apr 08
this movie quote is from a filipino movie "one more chance". i recommend it to you guys, it's a real tearjerker. the guy has already found a new girlfriend after having hard time moving-on after his breakup with his ex. he has been dumped by his ex and now her ex wanted to fix their relationship. guy to his ex: "you had me at my best, she had me at my worst. but still you choose to break my heart."
• United States
27 Apr 08
What is the name of the movie .. It sounds like something to watch when the kids are gone and I'm home alone. LOL!! Ofcourse I'd want a box of tissues. LOL!!
• United States
26 Apr 08
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage; Myth Busters
• United States
27 Apr 08
Nice. I like myth busters they're great and interesting. LOL!!