New Sites to Make Money

Singapore
October 2, 2008 3:54am CST
New Sites to Make Money Do you look for new ways to make money on an on-going basis, or just dependent on the ones you currently have? How often do you search for new sites to make money? In the process, what do you look out for? Does a friend's or fellow mylotter's recommendation matter? Thanks in advance for your response!
7 people like this
14 responses
@minx267 (15527)
• Hartford, Connecticut
2 Oct 08
I don't think I am actively looking- but If I hear of a great one I will check it out. I look for sites that offer GOOD money. (more than a few cents) I will listen to fellow mylotters- but I will also check out a site thoroughly to make sure it is not a scam. The last good one I actually heard about on Yuwie though and I waited over a week til I had heard about it from like 3 different people before I checked it out. and I am glad I did- Now 5 weeks later I have already made $60 and been paid 2x already and my next pay day is Tomorrow!
• Malaysia
2 Oct 08
Yuwie? 60 dollars? When did you join and how many referrals do you have?
1 person likes this
@kiran1978 (4134)
• Australia
2 Oct 08
Hi minx can you please tell us more about this site that you earnt $60 from?
1 person likes this
@minx267 (15527)
• Hartford, Connecticut
2 Oct 08
not $60 from yuwie- $60 is from 6dgr. I have a link on my profile page.
1 person likes this
@writersedge (22563)
• United States
2 Oct 08
I look often, but I stick with Mylot and Helium. I look for something that doesn't sound like a scam. If the Mylotter is a friend who is trustworthy and says some things are scams and some are not, I give more credibility to it. But some here swear that everything is terrific and I think they just want referrals because some places you only make money if you refer and they are scams besides that. So it depends on who it is. The more credible the friend, the more likely I am to at least look.
@writersedge (22563)
• United States
2 Oct 08
I like it here because it's simple to use. Some of these others are very confusing. But to each their own. Take care
@peaceful (3294)
• United States
3 Oct 08
I search for such sites and companies on a daily basis, as you well know, Sydney! I use search engines (That pay) in my work and I am finding that a lot of the newer, more legitimate sites might be found on you tube, because social video is fast becoming a great way to introduce an opportunity to the world!
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
Hi peaceful, I have never thought of YouTube as a source of finding legit sites. Will check that out as well. Thanks for the idea!
@calajane (1003)
• Poland
2 Oct 08
Truth be told I have no problem with registering to new sites, though I do prefer to find new writing sites as writing is what I want to be doing. But it takes me time to actually get to know each site and some more time before I start posting to the site. Yes I am more likely to register with a site if it was reccomended to me or I've read a lot of good stuff about it. Right now I think I found enough sites, though if someone finds something new I will a least check it out... I like to stay informed about what's new and hot in the online writing world
• Singapore
2 Oct 08
Hi Calajane, care toy share your writing sites? I write for Triond, AC, Helium and Ciao! Which sites do you write for? Can I see your writing?
@lanlan011 (701)
• United States
4 Oct 08
Yes the recommendation matters because I dont want to waste my time at one site when I could be making money at another. my fellow myLotters are a big help to me.
• Singapore
4 Oct 08
I do depend my fellow mylotters' recommendation when it comes to joining new sites. One advantage being here at mylot is that even it the site turns out to be a scam, you will know about it quickly from other mylotters, so you won't waste that much time.
• Philippines
3 Oct 08
I'm not really actively looking for money making sites but I keep my eyes open. If an opportunity presents itself then I'd check it out and see if it works for you. Lately, I've been joining a lot of money making sites and I just can't handle all of them so I just focus on some that I love like mylot. Usually, I get the info here in mylot from fellow mylotters. ;D
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
I know that when you have too many on your hands, you tend to give less attention to each one. In the end you may end up not be making money on any of them. I guess it is important to focus on a few that works for you. I get a lot of recommendations from my friends in myLot as well. Some have great advice!
@nishdan01 (3051)
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
I know many sites. I have come across many in my search. Verifying if the sites are genuine matters. No one wants to waste time on internet for nothing. I expect some good results for my hardwork. I try to stick to the good sites I know. You are my friend and if a trusted friend recommend a site to me, I consider it better over others.
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
That's a great way to select legitimate sites. Verifying it will really help. But how do you go about doing that in the first place?
@shana123 (2095)
• India
2 Oct 08
Im searching some good programs like mylot daily to get good money from them , i need payment proof pr atleast i need a assurance from an active mylot member , i dont expect much than this to join a program. I know mylotters wont cheat us.
• United States
3 Oct 08
I keep looking around for new sites, but only writing sites. Right now, I'm on Triond, eHow and here, plus I have several blogs. So whatever I find I just bookmark for future reference. I'm spread too thin as it is, so I'm not looking to add any sites right now. But new ones keep popping up and it's a good idea to keep track of them. If one that you're on stops paying or doesn't work out too well for you, you have others that you can try. After NaNoWriMo is over, in December, I plan to start writing for Associated Content again.
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
I think stiking to just a few sites may be a good thing. The problem with me is that I get interested when a new site comes on, I try it out and don't seem to like it and abandon it. I think it's important to know the new sites that pay, just to keep updated, even when we concentrate on just a few.
• United States
2 Oct 08
hi I never thought of making money on online sites.Frankly speaking i dont know even.At that time one of friends sent methis site and got joined in this and started making money through this site.Thats why I only know this site and I never tried for other sites......This is my only site for making money.
• Singapore
2 Oct 08
Well, you start with one site and soon you will be addicted to find more. Welcome to mylot and enjoy!
@izathewzia (5134)
• Philippines
3 Oct 08
I am in continuous search of honest paying sites. I already found few but still looking for more. I will only stop maybe if I am already satisfied with my earnings. Right now, since I am still in the process, I won't stop yet.
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
How much are you earning on average per month? Do you have any goals of an amount you want to reach in the future? I also have some targets, but quite far away from it at the moment. Like you, I'm not stopping yet.
• China
3 Oct 08
i have been finding new ways to make extra money ,but to be honest ,i have earned nothing in internet though i know many ways to earn money ,there are many reasons ,first these websites i joined in almost are english ,and i am a chinese ,so sometimes i even want to do something but i can not do them because of my poor english .
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
There are many people who are not native English speakers and they develop a good command of the English language. Do not despair, once you are more confident writing here in myLot, you may find that English is not so difficult to learn. We all make mistakes, and we learn from them. So maybe myLot will be your first site that will pay you. Welcome to myLot and all the best!
@the_evil (46)
• Philippines
2 Oct 08
hey! how to join that sites? id like to be a member of that site. can you tell me about it?
@thejj924 (78)
• United States
3 Oct 08
i heard this website pays pretty decently depending what you do on here, any responses on that?
• Singapore
3 Oct 08
You mean myLot? I have been here a couple of months. I target to reach payout of $10 every month. Some people get more if they spend a lot of time here. I have to divide my time with my writing articles and reviews, so can't really spend that much time here. Once I reach payout, I would concentrate on my other sites more. I need to post a lot and start new discussions and reply to comments like what I'm doing now, in order to earn some pennies here. Even though it takes a lot of hard work, I like it here because I learn a lot of things, my friends here update me on the latest things on the web. I have great friends here too who recommend me to new sites. Welcome to myLot and keep on posting!