Alabama Gunman kills 9, shoots self!

@ahgong (10064)
Singapore
March 13, 2009 5:16am CST
What is it about people and using guns to resolve problems? Don't they know that guns never resolve problems? I was sitting down listening to the news after dinner the other night when I heard this being reported in the news: [i] A GUNMAN killed at least nine people on Tuesday in a rampage across four locations and three communities in Alabama in the United States. Burning down his mother's home, killing members of his own family on their porch and then shooting strangers as he drove by. Micheal McLendon finally shot himself dead. [/i] I understand that people are frustrated with life as it is. But why lash your fury at innocent people? I mean, if you want to died, go then! No body is gonna give a hoot! Why take so many along with you? Especially if they are strangers who did nothing to you! What do you think? Are people getting too violent now a days? Or is the THE only way they could think of to resolve their problems?
4 people like this
6 responses
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
14 Mar 09
The same thing also happened in germany.. I just dun understand why are all these things happening so often nowadays.. School should be a safe place to be in, but yet all the killings are done in those places. It's such too dangerous.. I's hard to imagine what causes them to go berserk, going around to kill everybody?? Luckily such a thing had not happened in singapore yet, but i have read a similiar report today.. Students are bring choppers and knifes to school, to get back at school bullies!!!
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
18 Mar 09
Well, it is just sad.
1 person likes this
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
18 Mar 09
Yeah.. If it's meant to happen, it will happen..
1 person likes this
@zweeb82 (5653)
• Malaysia
13 Mar 09
The decadence in this world is getting worse each day. Such a sad news to hear another shooting!~ Sounds like the guy allowed anger & violet spirits to overpower him!~ Haiz.......sad case
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
16 Mar 09
Yeah... and the worst part of it is, some innocent people are involved in their rage as well. And all because he is disgrunted with his lot in life. I am sure we all are disgrunted with our lot in life. BUT we learn to deal with it! Not use violence to get back at the people who may or may not have contributed to our current state in life. Sigh...
1 person likes this
@zweeb82 (5653)
• Malaysia
16 Mar 09
Their approach to life is just plain selfish, that's what I'd say
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
16 Mar 09
Yep! I totally agree!
1 person likes this
@arkaf61 (10881)
• Canada
21 Mar 09
I think that people were always too violent. Or rather that there were always people that were too violent in all centuries. Now there is more exposure, more and easier access to weapons and more people. Do the math . Sad but true. It's one of those things that I have trouble understanding but see happening time after time and can't even offer a suggestion for a way to stop it, because I have no idea of what would be able to stop this. Sad, so sad.
@sacmom (14192)
• United States
16 Mar 09
People like this deserve to rot in hell. If they want to take their own life that is one thing. But to go on a killing rampage and then kill themselves? WTF? This person obviously had a few screws loose, because no one should ever do this. There is just no excuse for it.
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
16 Mar 09
Yeah, I totally agree with you on that! They want to go, GO! Why need to vent their frustration on innocent people before ending their own. Sad... it is just sad!
@orochi (318)
• Denmark
13 Mar 09
i wish it was me who got shoot seriously its cool having people around killing each other over and over again so i dont really care all i do is saying damn why wasnt it me ... :)
1 person likes this
@JenInTN (27514)
• United States
18 Mar 09
It's scary my friend. It could be any of us at anytime, a victem. More and more people resort to violence as a means to express anger and it is the innocent that suffer.I think there are desperate people in desperate times and things are so different than they used to be. What next,right? I sometimes fear to send my chidren to school.
1 person likes this