If some one were to approach you to try and sell you something....

@ahgong (10064)
Singapore
May 21, 2009 9:55pm CST
What would your first reaction be? Would you give that person a chance to introduce the product he is selling to you? Or Would you just shut him off and tell him to shove it? Between buying from some one who comes right to your door step with products in a suit case and buying from a store, which do you prefer? If you can get similar products from the sales person at your door step at a better price compared to the store, would you consider buying from the sales person instead? And if that sales person is able to also introduce a scheme where you can earn money referring other people to buy the product he is selling, would you consider it? Think of it this way, you are gonna be using a similar product that is priced better than the store, and a chance to make side income by introducing other people to the product, would you turn that opportunity down and stick to the traditional method of going to the store to get your familiar brands? What would it take to spur you to give alternative products a chance? Do share your views.
4 people like this
5 responses
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
22 May 09
Most ple will choose to buy from a store for it means some kind of gurantee.. If it happens that the product does not work, one is still able to change it at the store.. But once one buys from a door to door salesperson, there's no chance for customers to change anything or get a refund.. haha =D But when it comes to lower prices or whatever, alot depends on mentality.. For those ple whom sucessfully manage to sell their stuffs, they tend to be looking at their customers weakness and exploit them from there.. lol =D What u are saying is just like MLM, but most downline, comes from your customer base, actually ^_^ PLus, there's always curiousity, and that's what leads to ple wanting to try out for themselves ^_^
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
23 May 09
Hmm... what if the product touted is from a company brand that is trusted? A brand that you are familiar with? Where you have the option to go back to the distributor or the local agent in the event something happens to the product and the salesperson who sold it to you went rougue? Would you still have bought it from him/her when they knocked on your door?
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
25 May 09
You are one tough customer!
1 person likes this
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
24 May 09
Nope, as long as i know the brand and the way they are doing things, i will know what are the things i can buy, and i will not buy ^_^ After all, singapore is a small place, with limited products, thus one will be able to tell the difference and arouse suspicion if anything strange were to turn up at our doorstep ^_^
1 person likes this
@zandi458 (28102)
• Malaysia
24 May 09
It depends on the mood I am in. If I am not bogged down by lots of problems in my mind and that if I have time then I'll give the salesman a chance to exhibit his wares under no obligation to buy. Since I don't usually go window shopping this is an opportunity to view products that may be new in town brought to my doorsteps. Most of the time I end up buying something from these door to door salesmen. This is my weak point. I buy not because I really need it but the thought of giving business to the salesman is in my mind. I am not easily over powered by his sales talk but by a compassionate heart for a person needs. LOL
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
25 May 09
Wow, you'd do that to the door-to-door salesman? Where you live? If I ever go to such a job, you'd be the first door I knocked on! But on a serious note, if every one were to think like you, many people would have struck it rich already! Good heart you got there!
1 person likes this
@zandi458 (28102)
• Malaysia
25 May 09
I live in a remote area and not many salesmen are able to locate my place. Well, if I have cash in my hands then the salesman is lucky otherwise he will go back empty handed.
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
25 May 09
@34momma (13882)
• United States
22 May 09
i didn't even think that people still sold things door to do any more. i guess for me it would depend on how they approached me with their product if i would listen or not. if they had something i wanted or needed for a better price then i would pay at the store, i would buy it
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
23 May 09
I see. Yeah, I know. Door-to-door sales people are a rare sight now. But they do appear from time to time. Thanks for sharing your view momma!
• United States
25 May 09
i usually just say im not interested and walk off.. i know i wont have the money to buy it or have no interest so why waste their time in them telling me about it when they could be selling it to others instead?
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
25 May 09
I see. Even if it is something that you would buy from the store, you would not consider the sales person who came knocking at your door to offer a discount? Hey, long time no see! How are you? Seems to have added quite a few new pictures to your avatar!
1 person likes this
• United States
25 May 09
well i dont deal with door to door salemens because there have been so many robberies where people claim to be selling something then come in and rob you so i dont answer my door for them.. if it was at a store or mall and they stopped me i wouldnt unless i already wanted the product but usually the people they make sell that stuff are selling things i dont want or dont think will work so i have no interest anyways.. i used to lease apartments and nothing was more disappointing than some one wasting an hour of your time and swearing they had decided to rent from you to never show again.. i mean yeah maybe they found something better but if they were that unsure i wish i could have helped out some of the other people waiting in line.. it happened too often for people to be accidental lol
1 person likes this
@clorissa123 (4926)
• United States
22 May 09
First of all, I don't salesperson always trying to sell me those crappy stuff. Secondly, they will be one making profit from you even though they introduce you a scheme. So, finally, don't go for it. You will be the ultimate victim to it.
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
22 May 09
But not all products that are sold by sale people are bad. You would not even give them a chance to explain to you what the product is all about? It is better to get products that you do not know about from the store? Where there is no one to explain how the product works as compared to some one who knows his product well and would be able to explain and clarify any doubts you may have about the product? As long as the money is still in your pocket, you still have that power to choose whether to buy or not. No?