Tylenol Recall - infant and children's Tylenol recalled!

United States
September 24, 2009 9:36pm CST
Tylenol has issued a recall of many of their children's and infant's medicine. They say that there is a problem with one of the inactive ingredients. Visit the supplied link to find out the lot numbers of the recalled product to make sure you are not giving it to your kids. http://www.tylenol.com/page.jhtml?id=tylenol/news/subpchildinfantnews.inc I just checked ours here, it is not one on the list, but it still makes me nervous since my son had vaccinations at his checkup today and I DID give him Tylenol. Does it disturb you when commonly used products, especially ones for your kids (or your pets) are recalled?
5 people like this
14 responses
@ersmommy1 (12588)
• United States
26 Sep 09
I'd be nervous too. My son is nine months old. He had his shots day before yesterday. And I gave him tylenol too. Yes it bothers me. I just try and be careful. It's all we can do.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Sep 09
It does. Back when that peanut butter recall happened, my DH's brother had a jar of that peanut butter and ate most of it and got really sick to his stomach. He didn't have to go to the hospital or anything, but he swore up and down God was coming to get him to meet his maker. I'm allergic to peanuts, so I don't have that problem. I gave my DD Tylenol the other day as she's cutting teeth and it makes her feel better. I heard about the Tylenol recall also and checked it out and found out that the lot number we had wasn't on the list, bu it scares me especially when it concerns kids. Their bodies aren't as strong as adults, and when something we give them as parents is recalled, it could endanger them. Makes me worried.
1 person likes this
@sacmom (14192)
• United States
25 Sep 09
Crap! I wish I would have known this day before yesterday. My youngest son is sick and I gave him some Tylenol that IS on the list. It's the second one that is on there, the Children's Tylenol Suspension 4oz. Grape Lot #SCM015. I've had it for the past year or so and it's about a quater gone. I felt strange about giving it to him since the cap went missing, so when I went to Wal-mart yesterday I made sure to get a new bottle. Fortunately, it is NOT on the list, but like I said before I did give him some that was on there. I don't want to panic, but what the hell am I supposed to do now? It's too late to call his doctor or the # that is provided on the site. As it is a voluntary recall can I just throw the bottle away, or should I hold onto it and send it in somewhere for further inspection? Yes, it disturbs me terribly. You'd think quality control would be more stringent about these things...
1 person likes this
@mykaylala (214)
• United States
25 Sep 09
This really does disturb me! When my daughter, who is two now, was an infant, I didn't even want to give her medicine at all. My mother talked me into it because she told me that she gave it to me and my sisters when we were little all the time. I try to stick to certain things that I have used before with her, and not go trying every product that is made out there. I really do not trust medicines when it comes to the life of my child! It is sometimes, however, a necessity, especially when a little one is running a potentially high fever. It's really a bad decision to have to make.. I always try home remedies first, for fevers, before medicines.
• United States
25 Sep 09
Kitty- Thank you I'll be checking this link asap!! I just had to give my son some Tylenol about an hour ago because of a fever that wouldn't break all day! It does bother me, a great deal. I think we need to go back to natural medicine and make it readily available. In Arizona I had access to a wonderful certified herbalist, and kept White Willow on hand for such things. Here, I can't find anyone certified or reliable! Namaste-Anora
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Sep 09
Yikes! It does scare me when things are recalled. I remember when infant formula had a problem and that was just crazy to me. I use Tylenol very rarely with my kids but thanks for putting this out here, I will be checking mine to make sure it is okay. I appreciate your post very much!!
1 person likes this
@Hatley (163781)
• Garden Grove, California
25 Sep 09
hi angrykittymsv oh thats just awful,we all use Tylenol 'ocassionally. now what on earth have they done to it to make it unsafe I wonder. I am in a retirement center' and we often have hot dogs with mustard, ketchup and pickle relish.but the other day our resident president'came around with the announcement dont eat the relish.It seems a warning had come over the television that this companys packets of relish were found to be contaminated. that just frosted me that things we take forgrant are often found to contain stuff'that will make us ill.It disturbs me greatly to find this happening 'so much.
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Sep 09
OMG how did this happen again how rediculous!
• Philippines
25 Apr 11
for those who are planning to buy tylenol it a good thing that the recall has been done and for those who did buy the product they should observed their children carefully because of the issue of recalling the medicine. our government should inspect and test the product more carefully so that if there will be issue like this they can prohibit the usage of the medicine abruptly and prevent any caualties. if an infant had take this kind of medicine before the said recall it should be observed carefully because they are more vulnerable than adults.but why does this kind of recall was made?don't they have any quality management to undertake this product precisely?i hope that there would be no more issues just like this in the future.it is so bothering.
@khatty01 (32)
25 Apr 11
They just made the right decision. It is better to recall those products in order not to loose customers. But it is much better if their workers/employees are capable enough to observe and know those kinds of things in order to avoid this kind of situation. They must be very careful because children & infants are the one who are affected in this. Parents don't want to suffer in this kind of situation so the company must think of a way on how to retain their customers and so that they would trust them still.
• Kuwait
25 Apr 11
Its nice for the consumer to know about the issue for them to avoid in buying such medicine and to have knowledge about it. In such cases the BFAD is the one whose concern on those thing and they must have conduct another research or findings about that issue. In distributing medicine in the market, they must first check whether this medicine is good to everyone's health. We knew that in taking up medicine it relieves the pain in our body but because of this it increases pain or sickness. So in buying medicine we must check if it contains chemical that is good to our healthy.
25 Apr 11
It is really an alarming issue if their are some products recalled because of some parts or ingredients on it that has a bad effects to the one who will use it especially the childrens(infants) because they are more prone to sickness. So manufacturers must really see to it that in the first palce before and after producing the certain product it has to be with a good quality to avoid wastages and damages in terms of costs, moral responsiblity,etc.
@jannray (20)
• Philippines
19 Apr 11
Yes of course it disturbs me because I am using it always. There is a possibility that the product that i am using is affected with the recall. And there is also a chance that the products can affect me negatively. tylenol produces medecine. It can harm children and infants easily because they are weaker compared to adults. And it is good that they do a recall for there customers so that they will not lose there business
@khimmy30 (11)
25 Apr 11
it always fear me whenever such things happen. especially when i am using that particular product. good thing i never experience that. why is that particular product when out in the market? what is the FDA doing. This is a very critical problem, especially that the tylenol products are for kids.