Do you check your husband's cellphone,email, etc.?

Philippines
March 5, 2010 8:20am CST
i know that even if we love the person somehow we still cant avoid of thinking bad things about our partner specially if they become so quite or if they change a bit, sometimes we become so paranoid for the fact that we keep on checking his mobile, email and even the clothes he wear if theres girl's perfume in it or lipstick perhaps. i know that its easy to say to trust our partner but somehow we really cant avoid it. do you?
9 people like this
50 responses
@artistry (4152)
• United States
5 Mar 10
....Hi homeshoppers, I am answering this as a what if? As I am not married. If I were, I would not want to check my husband's cellphone or e-mail or letters or anything that he would not have shown me. If you marry someone or you are in a committed relationship, if you cannot trust them, I think you should really not be with them. What a state to put yourself in, that of searching through calls, and mailings to see if the person was doing something they shouldn't be doing. If they are not worth trusting, they are not worth having is my thought. It also says something about the person searching, if you think they are cheating or whatever, does that mean that you would be cheating and that is why you think they are? A trustworthy person usually trusts others, is another thought of mine. Either trust or forget it. Take care.
2 people like this
@snoopyfan (1312)
• United States
5 Mar 10
I am not married but I have heard people who are worried their partner is cheating on them are usually the ones who are doing the cheating. I find it not only not having trust in your partner but very disrespectful. If my partner was checking my emails and phone he would be out the door. If I was unhappy with my partner I would break up with the person before I cheated on them. I don't understand why people stay in a relationship if they are not happy so they have to cheat on their partner. I would be treating my partner with respect and hope they would treat me the same way. If not it's hit the road jack and don't come back no more.
1 person likes this
@artistry (4152)
• United States
5 Mar 10
...excellllent
1 person likes this
@snoopyfan (1312)
• United States
5 Mar 10
Thank you
1 person likes this
@Buchi_bulla (8298)
• India
5 Mar 10
You are frankly admitting the fact and reality whereas many will not. Everyone loves her husband and believes him to be true to her. Are all the husbands true to their wives? Hence checking now and then will stop any unforeseen happenings in the beginning itself. If things are ok, then it is well and good for both.
1 person likes this
• United States
5 Mar 10
No, I don't do that, nor would I want him to do it to me. However I have no reason to not trust him either. Should he give me one, then I might reconsider my thoughts.
1 person likes this
@myramae19 (667)
• Philippines
5 Mar 10
you're perfectly right home! Even if we love and trust our husband but sometimes we still want to check everything to prove to our self that they can be trusted. I do checked his cellphone but never his email., this kind of thoughts is just normal for us wives
1 person likes this
• Philippines
7 Apr 10
Yes, I agree, I think its quite normal for wives to check on their husband's cellphone once in while. I've been married for almost 15 years and I still do this whenever I feel like it. I also check on his emails but only upon his request like when he's to busy to check it himself.
@humairaku (2038)
• Indonesia
5 Mar 10
ya, I sometimes did it too. . I want to check whoever has had contact with my husband today. and it's often happened I found a suspicious message/calls then we had quarrel over that. and the next reaction of my husband is he never keeps messages for days. I mean when he got a message that I don't like (from a woman especially), he deleted directly. it's quite bothering I think, but he did it to keep our relation.
1 person likes this
@lkbooi (16070)
• Malaysia
18 Dec 12
It's not true love if keeping on to be doubtful of the loved one all the time I trust my loved one certainly I don't waste time on doing such silly acts checking his mobile, pockets, purse as well as email and phone Happy posting
@birdie816 (1276)
• United States
24 Dec 10
well i used to have alot more trust issues before i got married. when me and my husband were still engaged, i used to find it difficult to trust him because we were long distance for the majority of the time we were engaged which was about 10 months. we only saw each other anywhere from 1-6 times per month and he was living over 150 miles away from me. because of this i would often get paranoid and randomly ask for his passwords and check behind him from time to time, but i never found anything so i just felt silly and decided that he is pretty trustworthy and i should just relax a little more and enjoy being married instead of always worrying that he is cheating.
@piya84 (2581)
• India
27 Dec 10
This was a measure reason of argument in past for me.My boyfriend did not checked my personal things secretly he demanded it directly.I mean everytime i was at laptop seeing my email accounts he used to jump there besides me and say let me see also what you are doing.Same with sms.He used to just peep whenever i checked my mobile.This was not the case at the beginning of the our relationship.But he grew increasing possessive and insecure as time went .It was terribly annoying. I never did it.Looking back i think i was not that mch into him so i think i was not bother about it.
@wishuluck (233)
• Lithuania
5 Mar 10
I don't have a husband, but I think it's the same with a boyfriend :) sometimes I'm so curious I'd love to check his mail or phone, but I think I'll never do this. Not because I trust him, which I do, but because I'm too scared to be caught. Another reason why i will probably never do this is that I would hate even the idea of him checking my person belongings.
• Philippines
5 Mar 10
i remember how my ex reacted me when i took his mobile on the table and i was very disappointed that he put a pin code in it so i need to enter the code before i can browse his phone. and so he laugh at me coz he caught me i thought he was sleeping that time. but i just wonder why he put a code in it.
• Thailand
19 Nov 10
My wife sometimes check my phone for text message. But I don't care about that because I don't do anything stupid. So, she just check it for fun and we talk about these message. I also sometimes check her phone but just for fun. We don't need to check to question or jealous problem with that.
• India
22 Dec 10
actually i am not married
@fantabulus (4000)
• India
22 Aug 12
No I have no such habit because I trust on my husband. If I will start this then may be they can go in wrong way. Trust is most important in any relationship.
@ulan12rc (222)
• Qatar
18 Dec 12
Sometimes we are thinking about that which lead us into wrong conclusions that is not healthy in our relationship. Just think of him doing the same thing with you, would you feel okay? Of course not! Me personally I don't like anybody touching my personal belongings, I mean everybody. Give each other at least a little privacy you wouldn't like it when your things mess up by someone. So be fair let us try our best to give trust to each other.
@chiyosan (30184)
• Philippines
4 Apr 10
well that is true.. but you just have to trust him completely... we need to know their whereabouts but invasion of privacy will be too much! i think we ought to give respect and just try not to think of them cheating, etc s we won't be invading their privacy.
@dorannmwin (36392)
• United States
7 Jul 10
I have no reason at all to feel like it is necessary for me to spy on my husband. He is completely honest with me and has been this way with me since the day that we met. He admitted things to me before we met in person that most people would probably still have buried in their being and that is the reason that I don't think that it is necessary to go through his emails, his text messages or even the voicemails that he gets on his phone.
@freymind (1351)
• Philippines
1 Nov 10
i think if you're in a relationship you have to invest on TRUST. if you have any doubts about your partner then confront the problem instead of snooping around his things for any proof that he's cheating or there is something wrong that he is not saying. i do check on my partner's phone. well sort of. i delete the messages that comes from me or the ones that are not important since he is somewhat lazy to do that. but i don't with his email or any other things he has that needs checking. i trust him and since our communication is open and we do not tend to not talk about things i know for a fact when he's hiding something and would make him blurt it out. i'm a nosy person when it comes to my loved ones but i also know when to stop and let them live their lives.
@karlle (221)
7 Apr 10
It's hard to admit but I sometimes do. I usually borrow his phone and would tell him that I need to use it but the real thing is, I am checking on his messages.
• Philippines
7 Apr 10
i do love him so much but yes i do!!!
• Philippines
16 Nov 10
hahaha, me too, i sometimes check his phone messages and email messages, without him knowing it. :-) it's not that i don't trust him, just checking though. :-) i know it's not the right thing to do but i can't help it, lol! :-)