Spreading A Little Sunshine In MyLot Land...

Sunshine... - Sunshine...
@twoey68 (13651)
In an effort to lighten things up in my life, I’m going to try to stick to some light hearted discussions for awhile. I figure it’s Spring, the sun is shining and maybe a little lightness is what everyone needs, I know I do. A lot of my discussions are about the issues going on in the world, politics, religion, abortion, child abuse…all a lot of heavy topics. I also notice that when I do a “just for fun” discussion I seem to enjoy it more. I’d also like to hear from those ppl that also lean towards the more light hearted topics…do you ever get into the heavier topics or do you stick with the fun ones? Which do you seem to enjoy more? For those of you who do a lot of the heavy ones, do you ever feel the need to back up and go over to the lighter side for a break? Or do you see lighter, fun discussions as a waste? Which do you seem to enjoy more? Now I’m not talking about the “Which do you prefer, Coke or Pepsi” discussions (those drive me nuts) but just light ones like the one I did on if you found a portal would you go through or yesterdays “MyLot proposal”…just fun ones that have nothing to do with the world and it’s problems. I’m also challenging everyone on MyLot that likes the lighter ones to try to come up with one discussion for the sake of fun…you don’t have to do it but maybe if we all did at least one, we’d ease some tension and get a little sunshine going on in MyLot land. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@cream97 (29164)
Hi, twoey68! Lately I have been posting discussions about anything that is light. and easy. I have more discussions that are like this. I feel better when I can talk about things that are less stressing. I feel more calm and at ease. Sometimes, when I am posting mostly stressful discussions, I sometimes want to post something that is not going to make me feel depressed. This is good to do to bring a brilliant sunshine in the myLot land! Cheers!
@twoey68 (13651)
Thanks I found several light ones on your profile...looking through them now :) It does get depressing after awhile with all the heavy topics...time for a little change I guess. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@cream97 (29164)
A change that will make me feel better is one that I am willing to take. Thanks for this discussion!
@PrarieStyle (2488)
Thanks for the sunshine, we sure could use it here, I woke up to two inches of snow. It was a drab dreary day. I try to mix it up, you do have to step back from the serious topics now and then. I can't scroll past the "Coke or Pepsi" topics.
Woops, I didn't finish that it was supposed to say "I can't scroll past the "Coke or Pepsi" topics, fast enough".
This discussion makes me think of a coffee mug I have with a happy sunny face on a navy blue background. I smile whenever I see it.
@royal52gens (5380)
why, thank you for asking. I like the fun and lighthearted discussions. They make me smile and laugh. I need the joy in my life so I seek it out in the discussions that are posted. I started one fun discussion that was simply a virtual food fight. It allowed everyone's imagination fly. Lots of giggles. We all need a smile, a hug or a ray of sunshine. It helps our day go by better. Coke or Pepsi??? I prefer Coke. LOL
@twoey68 (13651)
I'll have to go seek out the discussion your talking about...a virtual food fight sounds kind of fun LOL [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
I tend toward the neutral, helpful, lighter discussions. Not always joking necessarily, but definitely not the most serious, either. I have not started a discussion in a long time. I was waiting for April 1 to go back to starting discussions. I could come up with some that are light hearted. I like what they call incidental teaching--you tell a story and have it teach a lesson, not necessarily so people really notice, just sitting there, for instance, waiting to be discovered.
@mummymo (23707)
Good for you twoey! I love the light hearted discussions and love to laugh and flirt and just enjoy. I do go to some of the 'heavier' posts but too often people get nasty or personal when they disagree and I don't like that - it makes me want to retaliate which I hate! I can't come up with a light hearted post right now but I shall try and think of one soon! xxx
I come here mostly as a diversion. I will respond to the heavy posts if I have a visceral reation, but I do not want to get involved in a controversy or "flame war" online. The days have enough trouble of their own.
@Lakota12 (42681)
There is alot of light here. SOme that you can see plum thru lol. I like some deep posts and some light ones I think most get equalled out thru the day here.
@dragon54u (31644)
I enjoy light-hearted subjects but I don't post them because they don't get many responses. I do enjoy responding to them, though! I, too, hate the "Coke or Pepsi?" type of topics and now you've made me want a cold bottle of Pepsi from Grandpa's fridge back in 1965. Man, that tasted good! Especially when he dropped a scoop of vanilla ice cream in a glass and poured the Pepsi over it. Grandpa knew all kinds of good stuff!
@twoey68 (13651)
I remember back when I was a kid my stepmom used to take us kids and we'd go to the soda store. It was a big building with wooden cases of glass bottles of different soda. You'd pick out however many cases you wanted, buy them, and then bring back the empty glass bottles for new ones. I loved going there and we'd have floats, like your talking about, with ice cream and we'd each get to pick our own flavor of soda. I wish they still had that. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
@dragon54u (31644)
My brother and I used to get our little wagon and go up and down the streets and alleys collecting those glass pop bottles. We'd turn them in and go to the used comic book store where we could get a comic book for a nickel!
@twoey68 (13651)
Btw, one of the most responded to discussion I've ever had was "What's your favorite children's movie"...it had over 100 pages of responses. I loved that discussion. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]
Well, I am thinking a fun discussion would be what we want to do to our nice, sweet, and loving boyfiriends/husbands when they get home tonight. All the candles, fun finger food and romantic stuff everyone on here could possibly think of. Now there is some fun stuff to think about. Just for the nice ones though not the ones that treat us badly.
@iamsolucky (1242)
Hi, maybe i will try to post discussion that is light and would be fun to all. I been talking all about recession, financially stressed and maybe that add problems to people now. Because discussions like this make them more think of the current recession. now i just want to think of light topic. wow, thanks for posting a discussion like this. happy mylotting and smile always!
@tammytwo (4302)
I tried to respond to this yesterday but for some reason it didn't work. Any way, thank you for doing this. I truly believe one's attitude can become contagious. I feel if I am surrounded by positive people and positive thoughts it will make me want to be more positive myself.
@carolbee (16231)
Sounds like a plan. I prefer the lighter discussions. Getting into a discussion that is hot and heavy sometimes runs me away. I don't like conflict and religious or political discussions seem to lean towards conflict. I would prefer not to voice my opinion in those areas. Generally funny things happen to me but nothing lately has been hysterical. So, I would have to do a memory recall of something funny that occurred over the last week or two. Good discussion.
woohoo spreading sunshine! is that allowed here? it seems that everytime I see a little sunshine here it either gets deleted or someone rains on the parade
@comfort55 (1574)
You've come up with a good idea twoey!Yes, no doubt most of us start with serious discussions, but just for the heck of a break, we need to go to the lighter side also as everybody gets stressed up by responding to serious discussions. In future, all of us should come up with lighter discussions(for a pleasant change!)
@paula27661 (15898)
I enjoy the light hearted discussions more that’s for sure, especially if you can have a laugh; it's a great tension release. It does depend on my mood though as to what I feel like responding to or what type of discussion I want to start. All in all I like fun topics although there are some more serious issues that I feel strongly about that I can't help getting involved in.
@KrauseHome (36752)
For me, overall I usually try to srick to the lighter topics most of the time as well. Personally there are a lot of topics and such here that I feel I have no real expert advice on so that is why I choose to do this as well. We should really want to come here for Fun sharing things but also being able to forget about many of the other things going on around the US as well.
@walijo2008 (4646)
I usually try to stick with the fun ones, I don't like to get too involved with the heavier topics. I'm not a real serious person, I like to stay light hearted, and keep away from confrontation. I did start a couple light-hearted discussions the other day.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi Twoey, sometimes I get into the heavy discussions but do steer clear of religion and politics, other times I just bypass them and do the lighter ones which can be more fun, it would be nice if just for one day we could all forget about the world and have discussions not moaning or complaining about anything too..maybe we might have some discussions come through that are fun for a while...hugs littleowl
@BarBaraPrz (24553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Fun is good. I tend to avoid the heavier discussions.
@suzzy3 (8352)
I think sometimes it is nice to have a lighthearted discussion.Sometimes all the negativity in the world can get you down ,so a funny or silly if you like discussions lightens the mood.It is sunny and warm in England during the day but mighty cold at night.I think we are due a few sunny days for a change.Come to think of it I have not come across any really silly discussions,if someone finds something interesting then I try to see what interests them and join in.Go off on a different tack if you like.Makes a change to think about something else,but it is very difficult to get past all the doom and gloom so well done on this.We had a fun one the other day which I enjoyed answering it was about small children and what they come out with.Has a good laugh reading all the responses so the fun ones are here just have to search for them.Heres to some more laughs.xx