what have you learn in your teens?

What personal achievement make you proud. In my teen years I learned to be independent ,be my own person. although most of my growing year I was independent. Did not hang out with the others.I worked in my early teens. Shine shoes, selling paper and being a bus boy which I like. Which give me food to eat etc.I have worked most of my teen years till the day I joined the Navy.What did I learn.To be independent. I am very proud of this.Living in depression years was tough but learned a lot. This is what I learn.
I am still a teen at heart so still finding out lol!!!!!
@JohnRoberts t here you go.You have room to learn more
• Algeria
how old are you?
@simone10 (28132)
What personal achievement makes me proud? Raising my two children who have grown up to be amazing.
@simone10 good for youo there.
@simone10 (28132)
@amadeo thank you! A very proud parent here.
@simone10 yes you should be good for you
You learned a great deal during those depression years. As a teen, I studied very hard and did really well in school. I worked after school and during the summer months.
@Corbin5 yes survival is what I learned.I have worked most of my life.
@amadeo I remember helping my brother deliver newspapers in the dark on winter mornings before school. He did not want to pay me for my help, but my mom made him!!!
@iridion9 (11540)
None at all lol
@iridion9 well it has been awhile seeing you here.Nice
@iridion9 (11540)
@amadeo That's because my laptop broke And we are constructing our new house. I'm planning to repair my laptop after our house is finish. Currently using a smartphone which is I'm not comfortable using it for mylot
I got my first "job" as a tutor at school . . . and if there was no one to tutor, I got paid for cutting coupons for my teacher . In any case, getting work experiment was good .
@much2say sounds great there.Cutting coupons for the teacher?interesting
@amadeo The school paid me for my time no matter what. So if I was just sitting there, that teacher put me to work - even if it was cutting coupons for him .
@much2say Interesting there.Cutting coupon do you need a BA for this
@CarolDM (25209)
I became independent at an early age after losing my Mom at only 14. I had to grow up fast. But it paid off and made me who I am today. I also lived in depression and survived to tell about it.
@CarolDM good for you.We had to do what it needs to do.
@CarolDM (25209)
@amadeo Absolutely, and no time to stop and question. We just did it. Most kids today couldn't survive the same.
I moved out at age 16, worked as a waitress, pay my own rent and bills. I have always been independent too.
@andriaperry I joined the Navy at the age of 17 had to get away from my wicked step mother.
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
I got my first job when I was 14. I went to school and worked after school. I studied a lot and spent most of my time on school and work.
@Porcospino did you get to college there.If so what were you majoring in?
@Porcospino (24379)
• Denmark
@amadeo I studied German in college, but I dropped out, and I chose to study nursing instead.
@Porcospino that is great.How is your German doing there?
@garymarsh6 (17282)
I have worked since the age of 14 while I was at school and after while I was at college I worked nights until I qualified. I liked the fact that I had some of my own money and never ever asked my parents for a thing! My grandmother did not approve of me going into higher education and told me off saying I was a sponger on my parents. Hence my determination never to take a penny off them. Of course when I qualified I was the bees knees in her eyes!
@garymarch6 thank you for sharing this with us
@garymarsh6 same here never took any but they did not have any to give me.The old saying we were dirt poor.
@debjani1 (5891)
I am always independent as my country got independence on 15th August 1947. Hahaha.
@debjani Okay got the message there.
@debjani1 (5891)
@amadeo hahahahahahahahaha
@JustBhem (48678)
• Davao, Philippines
Me too, Fredo. I learned to be independent ever since my Mother gave me away to my Father’s aunt so that she can do her stupidity. I learned to work hard for myself and help my Brothers to the best that I can.
@JustBhem good for you.So sorry to hear about your mother there.Why did she do this?
@JustBhem (48678)
• Davao, Philippines
@amadeo Pure revenge for my Father. She does not think that us her children will be affected.
@FayeHazel (27836)
I think that a lot of us have a lot to learn about being independent. I commend you for your work ethic and strength. Thanks for serving in the Navy, too.
@FayeHazel also serve in the Army during the Korea War Conflict.I got drafted by Uncle Sam
@FayeHazel (27836)
@amadeo Oh wow. Korea was 50-53, right? I can't but to imagine what daily life must have been like
@janethwayne (3366)
What I learned when I was a teen is to choose your friends and mingle with the right people.
Well, I started babysitting when I was ten.. and then had a child at fifteen. So i learned more on how to take care of kids, how strong I really was / am, and probably other stuff as well.
@GreatMartin (8522)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Just getting out of my teens I'll have to think about that!
I learned to be strong when I was a teenager. I had to help my mother with the driving, as my older brother had a part time job on the weekends in town but he couldn't drive because he has epilepsy. I wouldn't ever take him feeling sorry for himself after a seizure, as this happened often, it was a fact of life and I was his leaning post many many times. I paid my own tuition for the private high school that I attended, so I taught myself some pretty good savings strategies, which I still use today. My diploma meant a lot to me as a result of paying for it all.
@porwest (14223)
I have to say I was pretty independent as well. I did my own thing and didn't care what others thought about that. I wore my hair long, I wore what I wanted, didn't care about brand names or the in-crowds. I also started working at 14 and never stopped so I am pretty happy and proud that I learned the value of hard work and earning money very early on. I actually would have started working at 13 but the farmer I asked said he wanted to pay with pumpkins, and while I am in sales nowadays, was NOT a salesman at 13. Although at eight I did go door to door selling greeting cards for some company I can't remember the name of. Made $1 per sale. I did that for probably two or three years.
@nela13 (19519)
• Portugal
During my teens I only studied, I only became independent when I finished university.
@Nevena83 (23590)
• Serbia
Oh, I do not know if I learned anything. I am very emotional and I am always in the life of the rules of error.
@ShifaLk (10259)
Wow. So hard working Indian kids are dependent on Parents completely in teenage
@ShifaLk really did not know this.thank you
@ShifaLk (10259)
@amadeo yes. So was I.
@ShifaLk Good for you there.Did you find this tough on you?