Cemetery Road by Greg Iles

While I paint my graphics on the top of the roofing slate I use as my canvas, I listen to books on CD. I picked up Greg Iles book Cemetery Road from the Library and I am loving it, I want to hear more but I need a break. I like Greg Iles so I didn't really look at it while in the Library when I got it home and started it I have a hard time turning it off and it 19 CD's... I'm on 11 and want to know what happens. I will finish the book and the graphics tomorrow. If you haven't read or listened to Greg Iles's books give him a try. Its free at the Library...
wonderful that'cha can listen to such 'n paint 't the same time. i've a hard time these days concentratin''n more'n one thingy 'n doin' 't well without distractions. perhaps i could get such'n some ear thingies 'n listen whilst out'n the pasture? nah, that'd take my 'ttention 'way from the ponies'n all else. did put such'n my winter readin' list though. thanks!
I have to shut down the book when I am writing and wanting to spell right, but with all the things that go on before the words are put on I can do without thinking....My art is on slate ( roofing slate) I have to clean up the slate, then put a graphic on the top and if I'm not happy with the look of the slate I paint it usually black...When I put the words on the slate under the graphic I have to shut down the book because I can't write words and listen to a story at the same time... I learned long ago...
@PainsOnSlate i need this!!! i hear ya 's i'd most likely be paintin' the words i'd be hearin' 'nstead 'f that which's 'pposed to be there.
@crazyhorseladycx you got that right.
@CarolDM (29274)
Thanks for the recommendation. Good to see you.
this is a first that I heard of
@amadeo His books are mystery and blood and guts...but I've listened many of his books and loved most of them.. its what I do while painting...
I think you will like his books....
@simone10 (29616)
I've not heard if him before. What kind of books does he write?
He's a murder mystery writer, I found most of them were interesting to listen too. This one was good until the end...don't you hate the end to be a fail? I didn't like the end...but I didn't write it so I have to deal with it....
@simone10 (29616)
@PainsOnSlate yea, it is awful when you are excited through the whole book and then the ending is really bad.
I never read books from this author, I will give a try.
I have listened to a lot of his books, This book I finished yesterday and I didn't like the end, perhaps the book was too long, the end disappointed me. If i find another audio I will give him another chance.
@PainsOnSlate I do not like to listen to books, I need to read books to enjoy them.
I have never heard of Greg Iles. I guess I will need to look him up.
I didn't like that book but I have loved a lot of his other books...every once in a while I get a bad one no matter who writes it.
I dont think this is an author I have ever read.
I found him at the library, I am always looking for audio books to listen to while I paint.
@dya80dya (15494)
I haven't read these books.
The author is an American. I do like his book but some are a bit to full of blood and guts for my liking...
I've never listened to an audiobook but it's a great way to enjoy a book and do something else at the same time. I'll have to look for Greg Iles books
I also listen to the books on CD's in the car. I do it when I'm on a long trip. 4Hours to get to my daughter and 4 to get to my sister in opposite areas. On my way I was on the NYS thruway, I had a funny CD on and I was laughing out loud, tears were coming down my face. A police car started to pass ( but he was looking in my car probably because I was laughing and the tears... when I noticed him, I held up the CD Box and the guy smiled and gave me a thumbs up and moved on ahead of me...
everything is free at the Libarary sorry.
I have always gone to the Library. When my children were little we went once a week and brought home enough books for a week. When I started painting, I tried to listen to the radio and then I figured being read too was more fun.
@sallypup (31530)
• Moses Lake, Washington
My hubby loves Ile's novels. They're kind of gritty for me.
Some of his books were a bit scary to read or listen too but most were great to me.
@Janet357 (16937)
thanks for this tip, i will check this out.
Hope you love the author...