Nice To Get A Little Back

@porwest (14746)
Of course, if you follow me, you are well aware I like to play the lottery. Yes, it is mostly a waste of money. But, there is also a chance to be a big winner that you don't have if you don't play at all. I'll take my chances. It's only a dollar. Two bucks if I want to play the MegaMillions or the Powerball which are typically worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Every now and then I get a buck back here and there. But this last round I won $39 back. Nothing to write home about and surely not the big win I hope for, but it's nice to get a little back every once in a while.
• Rupert, Idaho
I've never bought lottery tickets....or entered in for the big prizes. I was given a lottery ticket as a gift one year and won $30 or something on it though I think.
@porwest (14746)
Lottery is a total waste of money if I am being totally honest. For most people. That being said, the money I play the lottery with is money I can afford to lose in much the same way as the money I gamble away at the casino. It's a form of entertainment for me. Still, even if the odds are TERRIBLY stacked against you, I cannot pass up the opportunity to take home hundreds of millions of dollars for just $2.
• Rupert, Idaho
@porwest Oh yeah, I agree about it being a waste of money.....but if you set aside some money for it, and think of it as a form of entertainment, then that sounds good. Yes...the odds are not good! But if you could have the chance to win that much for just two bucks...then might as well take it!
@porwest (14746)
@MommyOfEli2013 I always take it for the chance. I just can't pass up the possibility.
@ShifaLk (14144)
Wow.. What's the maximum amount(the benefit) you actually have ever won?
@porwest (14746)
Well, there was one time I won somewhere around $65. But that was a long time ago, and these days I am lucky if I get my investment back. IF you can call it an investment.
@ShifaLk (14144)
@porwest oh that's a good amount. Yes... But have you also lost more than that?
@porwest (14746)
@ShifaLk WAY more than that, unfortunately.
• Pamplona, Spain
That is much much more than what I have ever won in my life congrats keep that going.
@porwest (14746)
I am still hopeful for the BIG win. I feel it's coming. Although it might just be gas.
• Pamplona, Spain
@porwest DonĀ“t think of the gas just think of the cash.
@porwest (14746)
@lovinangelsinstead21 That seems like a reasonable plan.
Better a buck on a lottery ticket than a candy bar.
@porwest (14746)
I think you're right. BTW, can you even buy a candy bar for a buck anymore? Heck, I remember when you could get a candy bar for 50 cents and a pack of gum for 19 cents.
@porwest You can get candy bars for less than a dollar at Dollar Tree and 99 Cents Store.
@porwest (14746)
@JohnRoberts Oh yeah. Forgot about that. Tells you how often I eat candy bars.
I'm glad you got some back. No, not the big win, but it's something.
@porwest (14746)
I'll definitely take something over nothing, that's for sure.
@dya80dya (15563)
If you don't spend a lot of money on tickets I don't think it's wrong. $39 is good enough.
• Peoria, Arizona
I have never done a lottery ticket or even scratch cards. I know my grandma really enjoys them, she got 200 bucks one time, that was a lucky day for her haha
most of the time do buy tickets and scratch.No luck for some time now.But never can tell
I bought a MegaMillions ticket for Friday's drawing. I'm assuming I didn't win.
@CarolDM (29436)
I used to buy the Jumbo Bucks. But lately I have won nothing.
@LindaOHio (5066)
I've been playing the same numbers since 1989. The most I've won is $70. Sigh.
@kareng (12165)
Congrats to you. I hardly ever get the buck or two. I think $2 is the max that I have won.
@1creekgirl (16350)
My husband enjoys the $5 scratch offs and has actually done quite well lately. Not enough for that summer cottage at the beach, but.....
It is, but you probably have paid more than that on tickets over the years. I know someone who won 1,000 on a lottery ticket, but again, over the years, I bet he paid out at least that much or more.