Have You Ever?

Anniston, Alabama
Have you ever been pushed to be someones friend? Yesterday Tony volunteered me to help do work, be this woman`s friend. I mean.... she is nice and all but I can feel something from her, about her, like she is fighting a battle within, not sure she said the right things when she speaks. A nervousness. Lack of self esteem, but she tries to hide it. She is around my age, maybe a little older. She is stepping into a life that she has no knowledge of, she is a school teacher and wants to be a landlady or house flipper. She knows nothing about leases and contracts, courts and legal stuff. She deals with children not adults and that is a huge difference. Being a landlady and flipping houses is totally different, she is listening to "so called friends" about why to rent. She asked me why? When is enough enough and more. I told her my why. I am sure she paid to much for the house she bought, it has good bones but I seen a sagging floor, means floor joist is rotten, does it have termites? It doesnt look like it is from water damage, she told me it would take 10 years renting to get her money back. She also told me a lot more, that costs money, new deeds would have to be made, surveyors paid. When she asked what I thought and we were alone in the house, I told her, and I think she will follow my advice about getting it finished inside. At home Tony told me he told her to call me and I would come work. Say What?!?!?! I am thinking "when do I have time to work on someone else`s rental when I am busy on mine?" I kept my mouth shut about that and told him what I told her. Tony even felt her, he said " she doubts her work and needs reassurance." Now .... Hmmmm...... Life is strange. This is just a song I like, that is all.
Kings Of Leon's official music video for 'On Call'. Click to listen to Kings Of Leon on Spotify: http://smarturl.it/KLeonSpot?IQid=KLeonCall As featured on T...
@Scrapper88 (1737)
I have a cousin who has flipped several houses in her life. By what I have heard from her; there is a lot of work to flip houses.
Yes, people think its easy and its not, you can fix the house nice and it still not sell, the market is down and so many houses just sitting.
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
It sounds like she has a lot to learn. Hopefully before she buys more houses she will.
She will!
I think that lady is in for a big surprise. Being a landlord/landlady isn't easy and although you gave her some good advice I don't know how much of your time you can give to help her?
I don`t have any time. I am actually trying to get out of the business of rentals.
@whiteream (6093)
She has a lot to learn, but I know you and I know you will help her as much as you can. I am sure if this is something she really wants to do she will learn what she has to do.
Today broke me, I cant help her, I cant help myself.
@whiteream (6093)
@andriaperry You are doing too much again. You need to take time for yourself.
@whiteream I am and I announced this to Tony too. To many demands, to many places and only one of me. Everything, I mean everything is on hold till I get my home in order.. I cried a few times today.
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
Sounds like she wants to earn on the job
I cant spare time from my job to do hers. She needs to hire help.
@Gillygirl (31051)
• Sutton, England
@andriaperry Are you going to tell her to get hired help!
@Gillygirl If she calls, I dont have time to stop my life to tell her how to run hers.
@porwest (14746)
Oh man. I get this all the time about financial advice and stock market tips. Sometimes I just want to be left alone. Most people don't take the advice anyway.
I would!
@porwest (14746)
@andriaperry From time to time I try to post something here about it...but they just fizzle out. But for you? I'd take the time.
@porwest Awww, thank you. Because you know I want to be good with my hard earned money and I hate to throw money away on so many things.
@LindaOHio (5066)
I hope Tony didn't bite off more than you can chew! Sounds like she's going about this project all wrong.
No because I can`t do it, I am at the boiling over point now. I walked away from a project today because I just cant.
@LindaOHio (5066)
@andriaperry I'm glad you can say "no" or you're going to burn yourself out. Did you get Suzy?
@LindaOHio No and I am about to write what happened.
I am sure your advice would help her a lot but I think it probably would take up too much of your time.
I need to be paid! This is information I have learned since 1995!
Good afternoon andrea.Stopping by to say hello
Hello!
@andriaperry Hello and good morning on Thursday
I think I would tell her you may be available for some phone consults, but you have enough to do with your own properties.
That is what I will do.
@DocAndersen (4613)
sometimes that which is close is too far away to see.
I just woke up, don`t mess with my head.
@thelme55 (18335)
It is not easy to be a landlady. You have to do a lot I am sure. I am sure you have given her good advice about what to do.
Mostly how to get this one house ready.
@Janet357 (17131)
well it.is hard to.engage herself in something she has no knowledge of
Yes and it`ll take longer than a month.
The public, many inexperienced friends, and the internet want us to believe a lot of things are easy. They are not, though. We have fallen for a few things ourselves and sometimes I cannot shake hubby loose from them.
Tony says that I don`t have quitting sense. he said I don`t know when to give up and walk away, that I always stay and fight, when I should just give up.
You gave her advice so that was helpful. But you also have your own work to do. I guess you could give her advice if she needs it, but tell her you are just too busy for anything other than that. At least you helped her.
Yes I did. Some people want to rearrange a house when all they have to do is clean it paint it and rent it.
"The lady will get down from her cloud soon. Not so easy to be a landlady.
Not flipping houses in today`s dry up market.
She could probably be a good property manager, but that takes some experience and is a far cry from teaching. And even a property manager needs to know the costs and time frames involved in renovations and repairs. And they need to have a list of trustworthy contractors. I cannot even imagine you taking on any more. You have your own agenda that you are working on with opening the physical store. I would hope that you aren't expected to do any more then you already are.
No. Just no. I can`t and I won`t.
@CarolDM (29436)
Not enough hours in the day for you. She could learn a lot from you.
I should change, it took me almost 25 year to learn it.
@Aansh13 (4405)
Firstly being friends with someone is a very natural process and comes from within... This pushy thing is crazy
Agreed.