Sams Club and Dinner

What a day!! It was another busy day today and it just flew by. After the dog groomer left, we ate a quick lunch and then headed to Sams Club to do some shopping. I love Sams Club and even though it's just the two of us it's worth buying some things in bulk and then breaking it all down into smaller sizes for the weeks ahead. While we were there we decided to get a roasted chicken for dinner. The chickens are only $5 and have plenty of meat. Even the dogs get a little treat when we're carving up the chicken. Neither my daughter nor I are exceptionally hungry so we'll just have some sliced chicken and a vegetable. I like busy days but I am tired. I can't do as much as I used to and I missed my nap today.
I was considering joining Costco before my husband and I split up. . . there was just 2 of us. Now I'm alone so I have no need for buying things in bulk.
Probably buying in bulk isn't worth it for just you. I like the meat I get in Sams Club and it's a better quality and cheaper per pound as compared to what we can get here in the supermarket. I just divide it all up and then freeze it all.
I can't either, I have to have a nap also. Hope you enjoy your chicken and nap.
I find that I need a nap almost every day. This getting old stinks
@Marilynda1225 This is so very true.
I love the rotisserie chickens, they can make several meals for Al and I.
They are delicious and so worth the price. We do the same and of course we share a little with the dogs
@Marilynda1225 Me too, when I am cutting it up a few pieces accidentally fall on the floor or in their mouths. lol
@porwest (14746)
From time to time I might buy a precooked chicken. It goes totally against my grain. BUT, sometimes it is good and not terribly expensive.
The ones in either Costco or Sams Club are big and you can get more than one meal. It's a great quick meal and you can't beat a cooked chicken for $5
@porwest (14746)
@Marilynda1225 No, you really can't. Especially considering what you generally pay for a bucket of fried chicken.
I took a little nap this afternoon-love naps on my days off. We just got up from the supper table. I grilled T-bone steaks, did some nice russet potatoes in the air fryer, fried up some sliced mushrooms and steamed some mixed vegetables. It was a nice supper, back to a quick meal tomorrow as I do have to work tomorrow.
Your dinner sounds mouth watering delicious!!
@Marilynda1225 It was delicious. We face-timed with our son this morning, and our plans for Sunday have to be altered due to the weather and his wife coming down with something. I might have wanted to serve steak on Sunday, we'll have to see what else I have up my sleeve that might work. I am thinking lasagna, but will firm that thought up with my husband after he gets home from work later on.
I mostly get the non-food stuff too but at Costco . . . paper goods, cleaning liquids, etc. I heard the roasted chickens are sold at a very low price . . . because they know we're not going to go shop there just for the chicken - and how true!
The chickens in Costco and Sams are comparable in size and price and so worth it for a quick meal. Plus they're delicious
@Marilynda1225 It makes for great leftovers too!
@Hate2Iron (12977)
I think that I have been to Sams Club about once... in Florida. I don't even know where there is one where we live!!
I used to go to Costco but when we moved here to PA only Sams Club was nearby but I find it comparable to Costco. The only disadvantage is buying in bulk.
It is always great to get some discounts. I have never shopped at a Sams Club and being alone no need to buy in bulk.
Buying in bulk probably wouldn't be a savings for you.
@Nevena83 (27571)
• Serbia
Mmmmmm, I love chicken.
I got tired of eating chicken so we haven't had it for awhile. Guess not having it made it taste even better
@wolfgirl569 (16318)
• Marion, Ohio
I buy bulk in some things to for just two of us.
Depending on what you're buying it can be a savings to buy in bulk even for just two people.
We go there stock up about a few months.Love going there.Just fun.lol
I always get more than what I go for
I do not like busy days that much. Having too many things on my to-do list makes me quite nervous. I do love blank-slate days.
The older I get the less I enjoy busy days. I do get nervous and worn out too when it gets too busy. My daughter is still young enough to enjoy running around and being busy.
We had a membership but didn't renew. It is a nice store though.
I get those chickens from market basket, for snacks lol.
I needed a nap badly after our long day in New York, but had a busy day on Wednesday, too. I haven’t napped in ages!
@CarolDM (29436)
Sounds like a busy day. Take care of that back.
I was a member when kay was here. But since it's just me I get some things from bj's but not much.