It always happens right after...

Image by MetsikGarden from Pixabay
@DWDavis (17696)
Pikeville, North Carolina
Wouldn't you know it? The day after I sell my Haz-Mat suit on Craig's List my wife comes down with a bad cold and stays home from work coughing her germs all over the place. No, I didn't really own a Haz-Mat suit. I used to have a MOPP suit when I was in the Army. MOPP stands for Mission Oriented Protective Posture, which is military-speak for "get ready for a gas attack." I feel bad for my missus when she is sick like this. She behaves the way women like to pick on men for acting when they are sick. Being sick frustrates her because she is one who must always be doing something productive even if she has to make things up to do. On a more positive note, I got to video chat with my oldest son who is in Guam this morning. He is 14 hours ahead of us. I sent him a message at 5:45 a.m. EDT to let him know I was up if he wanted to call. He'd just gotten back from dinner in town and was getting ready for bed. He's been working 12-14 hour days since he got there last week. @JudyEvans mentioned that we might have members in every time zone around the globe here on myLot. Chatting with my son got me wondering just how many time zones we myLotters to represent. In your response, if you respond, please include your time zone based on GMT Plus or Minus. For instance, I am in the US Eastern Time Zone and we are on Daylight Savings Time so I am currently at GMT Minus 4 because we are 4 hours behind Greenwich, England. I hope everyone has a great day, and for those of you where it's already tomorrow, let us know what kind of day it's going to be. Thanks. Update: As of 9:30 a.m. GMT-4 on 7/11/19, I had heard from or been reminded about members in 10 of the earth's 24 time zones. Thank you all for the info. I think I'll use the data for a combined Math/Geography lesson this coming year. Update 2: As of this morning, 33 members have checked in with their time zones, representing 12 time zones, and covering most of the world from GMT+12 to GMT -10.
Switzrland is GMT +2 (exactly like Germany) and all Central European countries. It's almost 4 p.m. now, a very pleasant and not too hot day.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. So far we've accounted for 5 time zones.
@DWDavis I know for sure that there is a user from Portugal, their time is GMT+1, and a user from New Zealand GMT+12 this makes another two.
@myklj999 (29021)
• Olney, Illinois
I'm in the myLot Time Zone. (myLot time is Central USA)
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Central in US is GMT-5. That's 4 out of 24 accounted for.
It's 8.30pm here and the internet says this about Donnybrook time. Australian Western Standard Time (AWST) +0800 UTC UTC/GMT is 12:28 on Wednesday, July 10, 2019 Does that help? By my reckoning we're 8 hours ahead of GMT.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Yes, it helps. You and I are 12 hours apart with you 12 hours ahead of me at GMT+8. That is now 5 out of 24 accounted for.
you know, judy, if not for mylot, i wouldn't know that we share the same time. i always seem to equate au with melbourne and sydney which is 2 hours ahead of us, forgetting that you're also as big as the us and with several timezones also.
@hereandthere Have you seen the map of Australia superimposed on that of America? I'll add it here. That really blew me away. I knew we were big but not that big. And fancy us sharing the same time. I didn't know that.
How many zones have you accounted for now? I'm really curious. I don't even know how many time zones there are but it wouldn't hurt me to look that up for myself.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
We have 6 now. Just added Portugal, which is GMT+1.
@DWDavis That doesn't seem many for all the people on here.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@JudyEv More have been added. The count was up to 12 as of last night when I signed off.
• Lenox, Georgia
I hope your wife feels better-I'm praying for healing!! We're in the same time zone. =)
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
A little vapor rub, some chicken noodle soup, and some TLC, plus I sang her "Soft Kitty" and she's feeling a little better.
@moffittjc (56776)
• Gainesville, Florida
I'm in the same time zone as you DW. And speaking of hazmat suits, I DO own one. Would you like to borrow it? lol
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thanks just the same. She's feeling better and I -knock on wood- think I dodged this one.
@moffittjc (56776)
• Gainesville, Florida
@DWDavis I'm glad to hear she's feeling better. I'll keep the hazmat suit close by in case you need it in the future!
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@moffittjc I appreciate it. Speaking of Haz-Mat suits, I was watching an early episode of Stranger Things on Netflix today and these guys got out of a van in Haz-Mat suits. I started laughing out loud at the number of mistakes I saw in the way they were wearing the suits. Is it really so hard to get those details right?
@thelme55 (19463)
Hi! I am in Germany and it is GMT+2 like in Switzerland. It is 1.42 in the afternoon here on July 11, 2019.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you for participating in my unofficial survey. Thus far we cover 5 time zones out of 24.
@thelme55 (19463)
@DWDavis you are very welcome. Thanks for the info about 5 time zones that we have on Mylot.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@thelme55 As of this morning, we are up to 12 time zones from which members have checked in. That's 1/2 the world!
@smileyhema (3036)
My regards to your wife. She should be back to normal soon. Will keep her in my prayers too. :) I'm on the West coast of the US. Following PDT(GMT-7). Cheers and have great days ahead!
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you for your prayers for my wife. She is feeling much better today.
@DWDavis You're welcome. That's so nice to hear. She will do well ..
@kareng (13797)
GMT -5 here. I bet we have all 24 covered :)
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Great, thanks. We are at 5 out of 24.
@kareng (13797)
@DWDavis Good start
In Germany, it's 2 o'clock p.m. Central European Time.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
If my math is right, that puts it at GMT+2. Thank you. Are you having a pleasant afternoon there in your area?
@DWDavis Yes, the sun is shining and it isn't too hot. Just right for me.
hope your better 1/2 gets to felling better soon & hope you don't catch her cold it never fails when you lest expect to use something after a LONG time you get rid of it & poof there you are saying I KNEW I should have kept it I do it all the time. I live in Indiana, right now at THIS time it's 8 am.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
So far there are 4 of us at GMT-4. You must be at the extreme western side of the Eastern Time Zone.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@hardtimes1958 You really are right on the edge between EDT and CDT.
@DWDavis so you have located right where I am.
@cperry2 (1413)
I'm on the west coast, Pacific time zone. I've had some experience with this around the world calling. My son taught English in Japan when he graduated college. It can be difficult to schedule times to talk.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
When I was in Korea in the mid-1980s, my parents and I exchanged letters via snail mail. Now, my son on Guam can video chat with us and his brother in Raleigh in real-time.
@cperry2 (1413)
@DWDavis that is so cool. I am glad you can stay in close touch with him.
@ramapo17 (27987)
• Melbourne, Florida
Like you I am in Florida and are at Eastern standard Time.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Most respondents thus far are in the EDT. We've heard from 10 zones overall.
@sol_cee (19683)
• Fiji
It’s 22:23 here. I assume you’re familiar with military time, commander hazmat? ;)
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Congrats, you are the first to respond from GMT+9. Yes, military time is familiar to me. I learned it in the Army.
@Gillygirl (32878)
• Sutton, England
I'm in the GMT zone and it is stormy here
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Awesome. You brought us up to 7 of the time zones out of 24.
@janethwayne (4115)
Utc +8 in mine.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. Now we are up to 8.
Pacific time zone. I hope your wife feels better soon.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
She woke up feeling much better today. We are up to 8 time zones covered. That's 1/3 of the earth!
@Sojourn (5910)
We in India are in the time zone GMT +5:30.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you. I think that brings us to 9 zones now.
@MGjhaud (21842)
Ours is GMT+8. We're 12hrs ahead. It's a lovely night here as always. Get well soon to your missus.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Thank you on behalf of my missus. She is feeling a little better.
• Belews Creek, North Carolina
GMT minus 4 as well . I hope the missus is feeling better soon and that you manage to dodge the germs.
@DWDavis (17696)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I have fumigated the house with Lysol and she is in the living room resting while I'm here in the office with the door closed. I'm hoping to stay well for at least another 36 hours as I have a presentation to give tomorrow that I've been working on for a week.