I'm upset, angry, frustrated!

@cperry2 (1364)
I had a bad reading at a health fair about my blood sugar. This was in May. I called my physician's office to get an official blood work done to determine if there is truly an issue. They wanted me to make an appointment and then they would order labs. My question was, if I do it that way does it not mean that I will need yet another appointment to get the results of the labs? That to me seems such a waste of money. I asked them to set up the labs prior to the appointment on July 17. I reminded them that I needed the Lab Appointment on 6-24 and 7-2 because it had not been set. I received a written note via email, that an order would be put in and I could go to my local clinic this morning and have the blood drawn. I had to fast before hand. Got to the lab this morning, bright and early... no lab order. The people at the lab were nice and said they would take what they called a rainbow draw of blood and contact the DR office later. Urgh --- I do not like incompetence.
I understand your issue here it seems they did what they wanted instead of what you asked.
@cperry2 (1364)
I could understand setting things aside and forgetting but come on, I even reminded them multiple times... I'm over the anger part already, just very frustrated. I will be changing physicians now.
@cperry2 I know how that is and like you when I got to that feeling I left my Dr. I am in the same building but with a different Dr., I found a better one.
@cperry2 (1364)
@sharon6345 Wish me luck. I just got my results and my fear about diabetes has been set aside. My numbers are well within the normal range. I sent a letter explaining what happened this morning and canceled my appointment and telling them I am going to find a different provider.
I hope the outcome is good. Vince (husband) had Type 2 diabetes but he manages it well.
@cperry2 (1364)
Thank you and that part of the blood work was posted this morning, about two hours after they took the blood. Turns out it was a false alarm. My blood sugar is well within normal now. Don't know why I had that bad reading in May, but I have taken steps to turn the tide anyway. I"m taking a class on how to prevent Type 2 from manifesting. The changes in diet and my activity levels have had an impact I think.
@cperry2 Sometimes Vince will do his test twice if he thinks it seems a bit out. We made a few changes to diet and lifestyle but it hasn't affected us much. Keeping too much excess weight off is a good idea and trying to stay active. We've never eaten a lot of cake or biscuits (cookies) or dessert so that wasn't an issue although we eat even less now.
@cperry2 (1364)
@JudyEv I understand that it can be genetic as well as lifestyle. I know I am at high risk because three close family members had/have it. I am thankful that for the moment at least I have dodged the bullet on this, but it is a great reminder that I must maintain some vigilance else I will be right there with them.
That has happened to my husband before too. Incompetence does frustrate.
@cperry2 (1364)
17h
Well, I have quit that clinic, I am filing a complaint with their corporate office and now I must find a new physician to work with. BTW I apologize for the slow response here, I just discovered that MyLot does not always post the responses to the notifications. I was going through the discussions to find a conversation and discovered several comments I had not seen previously.
15h
@cperry2 No apology necessary, my friend. I am so glad you filed a complaint. We all need to do that more often to ensure that future services just may improve.
Oh my goodness, this happens more and more, people do not do their job as they should in our days.
@cperry2 (1364)
Well, I have one final step to deal with the issues from yesterday morning. I will be filing a formal complaint with the Medical Center's home office. I've just printed out three months worth of conversations and messages I had with the office and to me it shows that somewhere in that office's system, someone is not doing their job. I am no longer a patient there. I have requested an appointment with annother doctor and I expect to hear something back on that on Monday.
@cperry2 You did the right thing, we only had a small problem last week with an appointment, the secretary of the doctor told us to go there at 1:30 p.m. and she wrote 9:30 in the doctor's agenda. As we arrived earlier and he was just back from his lunch, he could see my husband anyway.
@cperry2 (1364)
@LadyDuck I'm glad it worked out. And I am understanding of accidents. I mean they can be frustrating but someone who is very busy will make mistakes on occasions. For that office, it seems to be a pattern, not a one time thing.
What a bummer. I hope you get an apology from your doctor.
@cperry2 (1364)
17h
That isn't likely. I've fired that office and am filing a complaint with the corporate headquarters. BTW I apologize for the slow response here, I just discovered that MyLot does not always post the responses to the notifications. I was going through the discussions to find a conversation and discovered several comments I had not seen previously.
17h
No problem @cperry2 It happens all the time. In your settings you can elect to have different types of notices sent to your email, it's what I do to try to curb that from happening to me.
@cperry2 (1364)
16h
@rebelann Thanks, I go check that.
@Gillygirl (32714)
• Sutton, England
That is terrible, I have encountered similar things here
@cperry2 (1364)
I fear that if something important needed to be done, and it needed immediate attention the staff in that office would not be competent to deal with it. That frightens me. That may be why this upsets me so much. I am already making arrangements to find a different doctor.
@Gillygirl (32714)
• Sutton, England
11h
@cperry2 I hope you get a new doctor
@cperry2 (1364)
11h
@Gillygirl I'm working on it. There are evidently a lot of barriers to changing primary physicians within the system.. I've just run head long into them. Not many choices about medical here. It is Samaritan or I drive an hour somewhere else.
@VivaLaDani13 (32276)
• Perth, Australia
@cperry2 I'm sorry for all that hassle! I do hope your results are good!
@cperry2 (1364)
They came out excellent I got a copy of them, its an easy thing to pull up what all of it means on the net.
• Perth, Australia
@cperry2 Awesome! So happy all was well!
@JustBhem (55740)
• Davao, Philippines
Me too. It’s a hassle.
@cperry2 (1364)
That, and I end up having to do their job for them. I don't put up with this kind of attitude for long, especially when my health and my money are involved. I don't really care what degree's you have, if you cannot or will not do the job, I'll go elsewhere.
@JustBhem (55740)
• Davao, Philippines
@cperry2 Exactly.
I wouldn't be happy with that either. Hope all works out for you. My lab visit is already set for the end of October.
@cperry2 (1364)
well, I got a copy of the results. I'm good on the areas I was concerned about. I fired the doctor's office this morning when I got that notice. I've already contacted a new doctor and will be moving over asap.
@cperry2 Glad it worked out.
@CarolDM (32342)
This happens so often, nobody wants to do their job any more it seems. I hope you get good results.
@cperry2 (1364)
17h
I'll likely never know the results as I have basically fired that office. I am filing a complaint with their corporate office and looking for a new doctor. BTW I apologize for the slow response here, I just discovered that MyLot does not always post the responses to the notifications. I was going through the discussions to find a conversation and discovered several comments I had not seen previously.
@CarolDM (32342)
17h
@cperry2 No problem with the comment, and I was not aware of the delay in comments here.
@ShyBear88 (27164)
It happens when someone doesn’t write up the right order. A pain for sure. That’s why my husband likes to collect our lab orders and he reads them and walks them in. He understand order forms
@cperry2 (1364)
I wish I had someone on the inside who could help out. I feel I have no choice but to go to a different doctor. This isn't the first issue I have had at this clinic.
@ShyBear88 (27164)
@cperry2 my kids doctors just hand them to me so I can take them I want to take the kids. They do work with our kids other doctors so they can pull it up from one computer to another.
@divalounger (2948)
15h
I hate when this happens! And I think it happens often!
@cperry2 (1364)
14h
Me too, I only hope the complaint I hope to file will do some good for others.
17h
That would be very frustrating. I hope that your results are good.
@cperry2 (1364)
16h
me too
What a pain, oh well...not sure what you can do about this.
@cperry2 (1364)
I've already begun inquiries to change doctors. Did that when I got back here this morning. If I cant trust them to do something simple like put a lab order into the computer, how can I trust them with something more important??