Don't Mess With Me

Green Bay, Wisconsin
I've been waiting all month for the letter from Housing to let me know what my September rent portion will be. Yesterday, I decided to go to the office to find out if they received it. They received a letter from them telling them I hadn't sent in the paperwork yet. Say WHAT!? First, I never received said paperwork to send it in. The only thing I received was a letter telling me my inspection passed. I knew it would. I did NOT receive any other letter with paperwork to fill out. The letter said I had until the 13th to get it sent to them or I would be responsible for the full rent. Um - NOT HAPPENING! I printed off a copy of my earnings from myLot on PayPal for the past three months and headed out the door for the Y this morning at 4:30. I just finished eating breakfast. I've been home for half an hour. I got to the Housing office to find out there was a meeting until 9 AM. I went to my son's to spend some time with him. He thought I was there to do laundry. NOT. I told him about the snafu with Housing. After a nice half-hour with him, I headed back to the Housing office. She had the paperwork from my caseworker. I realized I needed my bank statement so headed to the to get it. Then filled everything out and went back to Housing. I asked her to look it over to make certain I didn't miss anything. I did. I needed to sign my name three times. It's a government thing. Everything is in three's. Anyway, they have the paperwork. There's nothing more I need to do, and now I'm finally here. No one messes with me especially when my finances are on the line. In the past three years, I have been debt-free. I might not have an abundance of money, but I make it with proper budgeting. I was looking at all that going up in smoke because they didn't send me the paperwork. NOT HAPPENING. It's taken care of and I can hopefully rest easy. I told the woman at the desk I needed to know ASAP about my September rent. I get paid Friday. Normally, it's the third of the month, but when the third falls on a weekend, I get paid the Friday before. That's how my Wednesday started. How is your Wednesday going? Thanks for reading. Photo taken at Botanical Gardens last year. Yes, that spider is made from Legos.
• Lenox, Georgia
I'm sorry for the tough morning you had. =( I hope the rest of your day goes amazing!
Thank you. The good thing was, I didn't need to waste gas going to the bank and my son lives five minutes from the office. I hope the rest of the day is better. I had a great morning at the Y.
Good afternoon just got home from my blood transfusion.
I hope it went well.
@just4him it did.Takes a day or so if there is any side effect from this.
@amadeo I'm glad it went well.
@VivaLaDani13 (33933)
• Perth, Australia
@just4him whoa! What a start to your day! I am very glad it all got sorted out and I admire you doing everything you needed to do to get it all sorted today. What a big inconvenience too! It is midnight here. Just MyLotting and watching TV. About to make some Green Tea. The very first thing I saw was the spider and I quickly pulled my laptop towards my face to see it properly thinking it was real and how odd it looked lol I am glad it's just a Lego spider!
It does look real. The artist did a great job creating it. Yes, it was a rocky start to the day, but I wasn't about to let anyone mess with my finances.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him Good for you! Loving the positive and "I'm not to be messed with" type of attitude!
@VivaLaDani13 Thank you. I can even say, knowing what I would do this morning, I slept well last night. Not even stressed by it. I wasn't about to leave that office until everything was taken care of. I'm always a positive person. Negativity isn't part of my life.
oh my! not a pleasant way to start'cher day :( glad ya took 'mmediate action 'n hopefully all'll be well. spent time with the ponies this morn. need to do more outdoors, jest aint got the oomph.
Thank you. It's done and I should hear back soon. Some days it's hard to get the oomph.
@just4him yer welcome. yes ma'am :)
Mine went well mostly. I got some stuff figured out via the phone which took well over an hour this morning and once that was over I didn't want to do the house anymore. Well, at least I did some laundry, that's something I suppose.
You need clean clothes so it's good you got it taken care of.
True @just4him but I really need motivation to actually clean, I always manage to find something to do outside instead.
@rebelann Motivation for me is company. Otherwise, I don't see the need to clean. I keep it neat, and the dishes run through the dishwasher.
@moonandstars (20872)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Maybe some spider could come to these people as well. really, how irresponsible of them
Yes, it was irresponsible and they won't admit they didn't send the paperwork.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@just4him They would rather lose their hair then admit it. Congrats on your efficiency
@moonandstars Thank you. I'm still waiting for my letter from them telling me what my rent will be next month.
@akalinus (28522)
A lot of places tell you that they are sending papers. You never get them or they come so late that you miss the deadline. Sometimes they "lose" your answers. You need to make multiple copies of everything so that when they "lose" them, you can resend or refax. All of this happens on purpose, especially when the government is involved.
You got that right. When I was in the middle of losing my home, the bank lost my paperwork all the time. I was constantly resending it to them, and then they sold the loan and I needed to start over. Thank God the new bank had more integrity.
@akalinus (28522)
@just4him I do not have a very high opinion of bankers. I keep getting charged all sorts of fees when it used to be free for seniors, maintenance fees, low balance fees, etc. They don't care that some of us live on Social Security and every month is a struggle.
@akalinus So far, I'm not having any trouble with my bank. As long as I have a debit card, I don't have any fees. Works for me. I think that's why I don't have fees.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
What a rubbish start to your day. Glad it's sorted now. Love the lego spider
It's cute, isn't it? Thank you. I'm glad it's sorted too. Now I have nothing to worry about for the rest of the day. I might even get the notifications done today. Now, that would be different.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
@just4him I am getting through mine now
@Gillygirl I actually finished yesterday. Now, it's going to be interesting to see if I can do it two days in a row with my busy day.
@CarolDM (36437)
Sorry you had to go through this. It seems to happen to all of us. Love that photo by the way! Legos! How impressive is that.
It happens and you know the government would never admit they didn't send the paperwork. It's taken care of now. I thought the spider was a good one for this post. I'm glad you like it.
@CarolDM (36437)
@just4him And the government is never wrong. They never lose anything. Main thing is you got it done.
@CarolDM True. I go with what the office said yesterday. I wasn't the only one with missing paperwork.
@just4him I hate when things like that happen and you know you did the right thing. I hate the run around. Good for you. I really truly hope that you get the right answer soon.
I hope so too. Thank you.
@just4him You are welcome. I hope it all works out.
@Hannihar It will.
Sorry about your crummy beginning of your Wednesday. Bureaucracy didn’t get you down!
No, it didn't. I got it taken care of and let the receptionist know I need to know asap. She gave me my caseworker's direct line.
@just4him Perfect!
@DianneN Yes, it is.
@HazySue (31243)
Love the spider. You are a ball of fire when you get worked up. I can't say I blame you. I am glad you have gotten it all fixed up and moving My day is once again, resting, reading, and maybe even a little stitching.
Thank you. That's the spider I missed during my first tour of the gardens. I couldn't find it anywhere. When I went back, specifically to find it, I found it hanging in the tree. I hope you have a good day.
@HazySue (31243)
@just4him Sometimes we miss what's right there in front of our face. Glad you found it. Have a terrific day.
@HazySue That's a fact. Thank you. It was good.
Our Wednesday went well too. Glad yours got taken care of.
Thank you. I'm glad you had a good day.
@just4him ......So am I.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
I thought it’s real. I keep checking it if it’s the size of the tree.
The tree is much larger. No, that's Legos.
@JustBhem (59874)
• Davao, Philippines
@just4him I see.
@sueznewz2 (10277)
• Alicante, Spain
good on yer... sort em out.. sometimes they have no idea of the real cost of their admin glitches...i'm glad u got it all sorted...
Thank you. I'm glad too. I hope I get the letter I need soon.
@aninditasen (2012)
• Raurkela, India
Sorry to hear about the tough time you had with your paperworks on house rent. Hope everything will be settled soon. Well! I spend my Wednesday peacefully at home.
I'm glad you had a peaceful day. Thank you. It's taken care of now. I'm only waiting to hear from them.
@cacay1 (45174)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
You are so busy there but that is a very good exercise for the body and brain. It's good to be debt-free and nice to have money to work for us not us to work hard for the money. My day is fine waiting for a strong rain to pour soon. take care Valerie.
Thank you. I'm glad it's all taken care of.
@Rohithee (429)
I am so glad
Thank you. I am too.
sounds like you have had a difficult day
It started out difficult but was taken care of.
I am glad you went to the office, what if you never went down there?
I would be paying full rent and not on Housing any longer. I'm glad too as I really need housing.