Progress ..... I think

Tres hombres .... I don't remember exactly when I took these shots but it's been after 2016.
El Paso, Texas
Sorta anyway. Boobear is at the top right and is 13 years old. That look on her face is what I'm seeing more often than not these days when she encounters either Meetzee, top left, or Max at the bottom. She still growls but not as loudly as she did last year and the 2 females sit with their paws crossed and stare at each other, I haven't a clue what that's supposed to mean. And now I have the issue of jealousy. Ally and Boobear are jealous of Meetzee and Max when I pet them and visa versa, it's almost funny. Oddly enough Ally gets along fine with Max but Meetzee still hisses at her and that's when I become mamma bear, no body messes with my Ally .... or Boobear. Do you suppose one day they will all get along?
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Isn't that cute!! If you spoil them all the same they might!!
• Japan
My "queen cat" (the one that had been around the longest) always greeted the others with what I called the "morning hiss". We had four. In order of acquisition, Cherry (Queen Cherry), Jona (still with me, came at three days old, bottle baby), Paulette and Awaremi. Cherry tolerated Jona after the Morning Hiss. Jona tolerated and taught Paulette, and Paulette and Awaremi were best friends. All girls. It appeared to me that one step away in the acquisition train was about as far as any of them were willing to go in terms of being friends.
Well then I suppose this is as good as it's gonna get. At least the major hissing and growling of a year ago is gone, that is a relief ..... as for jealousy, I'll just have to be careful.
I have this problem with the cats of my neighbors. Bubi is jealous if I pet the male cat, he "tolerates" if I pet the two females. Some days he is more quiet, others he tries to bite the other cat.
Cats are so very territorial and possessive aren't they.
@rebelann They are, they cannot stand to share cuddles.
I have noticed that males that have not been neutered tend to be less social with other cats but often the females will group together especially when they have kittens @LadyDuck
Nah, not as long as they want to fight for dominance, I'm sure that's why there is hissing involved. I haven't had cats in ages but the last cats I had seemed to like each other. That is until "The Queen" came in. She had the same personality as her owner (I was not her owner).
You're right @ScribbledAdNauseum but she loves the special attention she gets because of my guilt about this situation.
@rebelann Cats are clever, it wouldn't surprise me if she was milking the situation. I am partial to cats as a pet, I feel as if they can read a human's emotions better than a dog. Like I said before, I no longer have cats, but a friend of mine does... I've been upset at her house a time or two and up walks chickie plopping right beside of me and starting to purr.
And I prefer dogs, I understand them and they do that same thing for me @ScribbledAdNauseum I suppose it's all about personalities both the kritter and the 2legger.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I doubt it, seems like they’ve already drawn their lines, But who knows! Iet us know what happens.
You're probably right. I'm watching the two females to see if they'll ever be friendly but I'm happy they're at least more or less polite.
@RubyHawk (35109)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@rebelann Polite can be good if you can't get better.
Yeah, @RubyHawk you're right
@sophie09 (12625)
so cute!!
Thank you
@sophie09 (12625)
@rebelann you're welcome
I’m glad they are getting along a bit better. Cats are strange creatures and may or may not get along like one big happy family.
I'm beginning to notice that. Both mom's cats have tolerated Ally and Max doesn't seem to have a problem with her at all, he'll even sit by her.
• Wheat Ridge, Colorado
It could happen. Wow what a lovely photo of them all
I hope so, I'd be shocked if they did though. Thank you, I just wish they'd all sit nicely together so I can take a groupie.
Pretty kitties
Thank you
@sallypup (32111)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Such intense eyes. Who is top cat on the totem pole?
Let's just say they will tolerate each other.
That would be nice too. At least the hissing and growling has toned down some.
They may learn to get along.
I am hoping they do but I won't hold my breath
No. My dogs hates the cat and he hates the dogs.