Decisions- how do you make wise ones?

Pixabay
@1hopefulman (43839)
If you have a decision to make, what helps you to make a wise decision? * Gather all pertinent information. * Don't rush, give it the time it needs. * Research the pros and cons. Write them down so that you don't forget them. * Think of the possible benefits and the consequences, the advantages and disadvantages. * Pray for wisdom and success. What helps you to make wise decisions?
not sure but do the best that I can do.
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Same here! It's still never the right decision!;
@db20747 that is for sure there.
@1hopefulman (43839)
@amadeo If you are doing your best that's great!
@CarolDM (36437)
Follow my instinct and hope for the best.
@1hopefulman (43839)
Do you do a lot of thinking before you decide which direction to go?
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I can do all these things and the decision will still not be right!!
@1hopefulman (43839)
If the decision does not bring good results when you've done your best then it is not your fault. With time you will get better at it and so just keep on going!
@db20747 (22147)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
@1hopefulman thank you!! One day I just might strike gold!!
@1hopefulman (43839)
22h
@db20747 Anything is possible! However, there are some things in life that are even better than gold and silver. Proverbs 16:16 King James Version (KJV) 16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold! and to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
I just follow Decide, Plan, and Act and whatever the outcome, I will accept it.
@1hopefulman (43839)
That sounds interesting! Do you do any thinking before you decide which choice you will make?
@1hopefulman Yes, it takes an average amount of thinking and an average amount of planning before I will act.
@1hopefulman (43839)
22h
@Corbin5 Great! May all your decisions bring you pleasure, satisfaction and peace!
@buenavida (9060)
• Sweden
Good advice, I often pray for wisdom from our loving Creator, as we need help to decide many things.
@1hopefulman (43839)
22h
He actually wants us to go to him and seek his wisdom and help because he loves us! 1 Peter 5:7 New International Version (NIV) 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
@buenavida (9060)
• Sweden
19h
@1hopefulman Great scripture, knowing this will give us peace of mind...
Gathering Pros and Cons is advisable, but one should also listen to one's gut feeling.
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
In your experience, do you think people usually listen to their "gut feeling"?
18h
@1hopefulman Maybe not usually but certainly occasionally. I remember distinctly that once I had to decide between two opposing things. After choosing one, I soon felt bad and got a stomach ache. I slept on it and when the feeling was still there in the morning, I chose the alternative. I soon felt better.
@dgobucks226 (18254)
I utilize all of the above mentioned methods except prayer. Never considered that one but hey, at times prayer may be as good as any I do a lot of researching on the internet and also recommendations from friends depending on the decision to be made. Knowledge is fundamental in making an informed decision.
@1hopefulman (43839)
I appreciate the fact that God is available to help us when we need to make decisions. James 1:5 King James Version (KJV) 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
Depends on what the problem is or what the project may be at the time. But, I can tell you I thank God for the knowledge he has given me.
@1hopefulman (43839)
Whatever the decision is , the steps to making wise ones are the same. If you're are satisfied with your life then you have been blessed!
@mom210 (7654)
I am a toe in the water kind of gal. I think about it before I rush in, so I like to think I make wise decisions but then we are all human and mess up sometimes.
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
Yes, it's good to take our time and be cautious before making a decision and test the waters to see if we are comfortable with what we are about to do. Yes, not everything turns out as we would like.
I pray alot
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
Yes, it's a good thing to see seek higher wisdom from someone who really cares for us! James 1:5 Amplified Bible (AMP) 5 If any of you lacks wisdom [to guide him through a decision or circumstance], he is to ask of [our benevolent] God, who gives to everyone generously and without rebuke or blame, and it will be given to him.
@Gillygirl (35923)
• Sutton, England
I tend to follow my instincts. I don't act immediately but think things over
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
Yes, thinking things through and taking our time is very helpful in making wise decisions!
@Starkinds (8136)
It's depends on the current situation or time so I couldn't not able to speak right now.
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
I hope things turn out well for you!
@FayeHazel (29311)
Those are all great advice … esp. prayer. If it's something small I will sometimes use online choice maker
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
Yes, I find prayer very comforting! What is "online choice maker"?
• Lenox, Georgia
Praying is the first thing I do then reading God's word, going to church because God speaks to us there as well. Then, after all of that I put my faith in God and step out there asking God to guide me and my footsteps.
@1hopefulman (43839)
Someone told me long ago to make prayer my first recourse and not my last resort. I thought that made a lot of sense!
These are all the steps I take. The pros and cons list is a big one. I can’t imagine making a big decision without liating those out.
@1hopefulman (43839)
21h
I find that helpful! Doing that, has it brought much good results in your life?
38m
You definitely need to do all those things in making wise decisions. Prayer is the key ingredient.
@moonandstars (20872)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
14h
gathering the informations, thinking and without torturing myself, making a decision asap.
@ShifaLk (16208)
15h
Yes I do it. I pray and give all in LORD'S Hands. And then HE guides me. and I put all my efforts in the work
@Nevena83 (31292)
• Serbia
18h
I think I never have wise decisions, I just do what I have to do.