A Walk on the Beach

@Morleyhunt (20772)
Yesterday was a rainy day travelling. The weather does affect what we do and see. Monday's travels left the mountains shrouded in clouds, so we didn't see what we had hoped. The rains let up to allow us to walk outside a couple of times, but we visited a well presented railway museum, walked through a rock garden and got soaked visiting the "last spike" along the Canadian Pacific Railway. Yesterday started out rainy...one moment the sun would shine....the next moment rain (sun still shining). Most of the day it was decent. We managed a walk on the beach in Penticton, BC between showers. The grist mill and gardens in Keremeos, BC was also a dry period. The site of the Hope Slide....was wet....just a few quick pictures and back in the van. Today we cross into the US which will limit my internet access even more. I'll b on late in the evening for the most part (10:00 PM PST)
what a lovely view! any plans 'f visitin' sechelt? i've a dear friend who resides there :) ya jest ne'er know what'cher gonna get weather-wise.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Yesterday we arrived in Oregon. Today we stayed...but toured the area. So much to see....
@Morleyhunt i've seen many beautiful pics 'f oregon. 'twas 'pposed to go down that way when i left alaska, but that danged volcano blew 'n i'd the need to re-route. i'm sure yer gettin' lots 'f pics, would love to see some if'n ya get the time.
Picturesque little scene. It is not very fun to drive in the rain.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Mountains, with steep ups and downs and sharp curves are not nearly as pleasant to drive as they are when the weather is gorgeous,
@maximax8 (29462)
I really like your photo of the beach. I prefer sunny days to visit the beach.Rainy days make me wish to stay inside.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We've seen beaches, mountains, waterfalls, and today we will see the Pacific.
@maximax8 (29462)
@Morleyhunt Those sights must have been amazing for you.
@maximax8 (29462)
@maximax8 A local beach for me is Sand Bay. It is a wild looking beach with sand dunes. At the end of it is a lovely piece of land going out into the sea. It is a fine walk over that scenic headland.
@CarolDM (40806)
Would love to visit this area, rain or no rain.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
For the most part the rain didn't hinder us. Yesterday we had a sprinkle or two but only the morning shower slowed us down a bit,
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We are enjoying every moment of our travels.
@valmnz (15781)
• New Zealand
You sound as if you're gathering up a wide range of wonderful experiences on your travels.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We are. Today we are veering from our original route. The staff at the motel suggested a spot, a little out of the way, but it sounds like something we'd like to see.
@valmnz (15781)
• New Zealand
@Morleyhunt that's the sort of holiday I like, making the most of opportunities that arise.
It is annoying when it rains during vacations, but a little rain is not too bad. I love this picture.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
The rain stopped by mid morning. We didn't plan to travel far yesterday, so we just started a bit later.
@Morleyhunt If it was only a short shower it was fine, at least you could travel later.
The picture is beautiful! Rain is not a favorite for me, specially if it is cold.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We have to choice but to work with what the weatherman throws at us. So far we've had only minor inconveniences.
@Morleyhunt Enjoy as much as you can
Nice view. Glad you got a walk on the beach. Hope you enjoy your further travels.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Yesterday, other than a morning shower we had good weather. We stopped and hiked to a waterfall.
So pretty!
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Today I dipped my toes in the Pacific. Tomorrow we continue our travels down the Oregon Coast.
If it's raining we tend to just keep driving - mostly anyway.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We spent. Lot of time in the car. Today the forecast was for rain, but we just went ahead with our plans and the rain held off.
You made it across the country, that's a great photo. Good luck as you cross the international border and visit our American cousins.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
We had a quick easy border crossing. Today we travel through Washington state and will end up in Astoria, Oregon. This place wasn't on our original route, but was recommended as a place to visit.
So glad you got some dry periods to enjoy being in the outdoors.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Yesterday the rain let up between 9 and. 10 AM. It didn't deter us from hiking and visiting different sites.
I haven't walked on the beach or dipped my toes in the water in years. It's on my bucket list for my next vacation. Hope you continue to have good travels.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
I didn't even take off my sandals at this beach. Today.....the Pacific..
@UncleJoe (15044)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
Couldn't see much in the picture. That lake was in the way.
@Morleyhunt (20772)
Funny how that can happen. The clouds have obscured much of our mountain views. Today we will see the Pacific
@velvet53 (21225)
• Palisade, Colorado
I love your picture. I know that rain can be annoying but some times it let's a person see things in a different prospective. Have fun.
@nela13 (22393)
• Portugal
That is nice that you could take a walk at the beach.
@Janet357 (26808)
so pristine! the best place to.clear your thoughts.
It's a pretty photo. At least you were able to get a walk in.
@kareng (18193)
I hope the rain is over and the rest of your trip gives you bright and sunny days. It sounds like you still got to visit some interesting sites in Canada.
@crisma15 (197)
I love the rain, but sometimes it can spoil the plans a bit.