Appreciating Normal and Routine

Happy Wednesday Everyone! it's a sunny but hot day here in my little corner of the myLot world. Looks like cooler weather won't be here for the next few days. The construction and street paving has finally passed my house and moved onto the next block. Ahhh peace has sort of moved back into my life except the lawn crew is here doing the lawn. Fortunately they will be gone by mid afternoon and then life should be back to normal. And my daughter was able to change the battery in the smoke alarm so we had a peaceful night with no chirping. As for today...nothing exciting going on. Spent the morning doing some things around the house, took the dogs out and now I'm ready for lunch. I have some leftover meatloaf so I think I'll make a sandwich. Still undecided about dinner but I know it's not going to be anything that requires a lot of time in the kitchen. My daughter is working and she'll be exhausted after working two days in a row and doing that godawful commute. She'll probably pass out watching tv tonight. That's my day in a nutshell ( so far ) Are you enjoying your day today?
@HazySue (32149)
I am enjoying my day. For dinner we will be having a rotisserie chicken that we picked up at WalMart. I love my boring days, I get so much done. I am so glad to hear that you will not having to deal with the road construction noise any longer. Enjoy.
Those rotisserie chickens are a life saver. We get them occasionally either at the supermarket or at Sams Club.
@Marilynda1225 i love Sam's Club rotisserie chicken as it is so much larger than other stores where i go and cheaper!
@HazySue (32149)
@Marilynda1225 I love Sam's Club. They do such a good job.
It is very hot and humid here. Just working on a kitchen wall that I soon will paint. Tomorrow is the installation of the kitchen countertop and they return the next day to reconnect the plumbing. This update is not ending soon enough for me.
You're making progress even though this feels like a project that is never going to end. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.
@Marilynda1225 Thank you, my friend.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
Hot and muggy here. Hoping to get part of that 40 percent chance of rain. Glad quiet is returning to your area.
It's so nice to have just the normal noise in the neighborhood. I'm sure all my neighbors feel the same way. Hope you get that rain. We could use some here as the grass is starting to turn brown.
@wolfgirl569 (22072)
• Marion, Ohio
@Marilynda1225 Nope, no rain. Hope you get some.
@CarolDM (40806)
Just got done with laundry. Not much going on.
Tomorrow will be my laundry day....sheets and towels.
@CarolDM (40806)
@Marilynda1225 Did that today.
I am glad your daughter could change the battery, a noisy alarm can be pretty annoying.
That chirping is enough to make you crazy.
@Marilynda1225 I fully agree, that is the kind of noise that I hate.
It has been pretty routine..Friend and little dog left a couple of hours ago, so just doing my online stuff. I am glad you have some peace.
Since all the noisy trucks, workers, etc have moved on it actually seems extra quiet now.
I am about to begin my day, We just had a late breakfast and I gave Tony the mid day meds.
Hope you had a good day
@dodo19 (37745)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
I'm enjoying my day so far. It's been fairly relaxing for the most part.
It was a good day. It was really hot and humid outside though.
Great to hear that quiet is taking over again. I worked today, it wasn't too bad, I've had better days.
@Nevena83 (33087)
• Serbia
'm glad everything went back to normal. My days were not the brightest.
• Israel
@Marilynda1225 One thing passes and then another takes its place. It is early Thursday night here.
@Janet357 (26808)
glad you peace has finally regained. well, it has been raining rainjng here since morning. am going out in a bit. i dont know if i can do that because of the rain.
We had a nice relaxing day finishing all the yard work.
Normal and boring can be very attractive sometimes.