What a Great Idea!

The Amazon deliver box.  Photo taken by and the property of FourWalls.
@FourWalls (21428)
Louisville, Kentucky
Package theft is one of the major drawbacks of online shopping. There are a number of ways to alleviate the problems. Maybe you’ve seen the “joke” (that may not be a joke) where people empty their cat litter boxes or save up dirty diapers and “box them up” in old Amazon boxes, then leave them on the porch for the thieves. If you can’t be home when the delivery is scheduled, the “typical” idea (if it’s allowed where you work) is to have it delivered to your work address. (That’s pretty easy if you work in an office the way I did....not so easy if you work in a restaurant or a warehouse.) Of course, not everyone has the option of being home, delivering it to work, or having a reliable neighbor who can be trusted with the delivery. And, of course, as the holidays approach, you don’t want the gifts arriving at the house where inquisitive minds might pop the box open “accidentally.” Don’t you know, but Amazon has figured out a great idea to get around all the issues. They have “lockers” in various stores, and you can have your purchases shipped to one of those lockers. I found it incredibly beneficial, in a number of ways. First and foremost, there’s no shipping fee for using the locker. There’s also no fee for the locker itself. Amazon simply sends you a code to open your particular locker. It’s quick and easy. Oh, did I mention no shipping fee???? I ordered a couple of items to rest my arms on in my car (the car door is too high, and the center console is too low...and getting the items is about $30K cheaper than buying a new car!). I got the e-mail this afternoon that one of the items had arrived. I went to the store, found the lockers, entered my code, and the door automatically popped open to reveal my package. Safe, secure, no theft worries. A great idea that takes a considerable amount of worry off the delivery concerns after you’ve ordered online!! And now....Mr. Yankovic:
Provided to YouTube by Sony Music Entertainment Ebay (Parody of "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys) · "Weird Al" Yankovic Poodle Hat ? 2003 Volcano ...
That's a great way to make sure you get your packages. I think our Khols store offers that option.
@1creekgirl (18477)
I know you can ship Amazon boxes back to Amazon at Khols, but I'm going to check and see if they have lockers or will keep the boxes there for customers to pick up.
@FourWalls (21428)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@1creekgirl — what happened when I ordered was, during checkout, the lockers option came up as a ship-to address. It showed the lockers in my area. Not many (yet), but I’m sure that’ll change eventually.
Someone swiped a box from your doorstep thinking they were getting treasure. Imagine their expression upon seeing it was the Homer & Jethro box set!
@FourWalls (21428)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Oh, for an H&J box set.....
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
I always buy via COD just to be safe.
@FourWalls (21428)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I don’t think COD has been available in the US since the early 70s!
@Alexandoy (4144)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@FourWalls it is available here in Lazada, the biggest online store. I never order in any other way but COD. When the product arrives, I check it first before paying.
@1creekgirl (18477)
That's a great idea. What store has the lockers?
@FourWalls (21428)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Here it’s Stein Mart and Whole Foods. I think there’s another pickup point in Jeffersonville Indiana, too.
• Denver, Colorado
Ah, there's a convenience store nearby that has one of these on the side of the building!
Wow! Although we never have a problem, that is a great way for package protection.
@LindaOHio (13058)
Leave it to Amazon to come up with a solution to the theft problem.
@DocAndersen (9265)
ah the always delightful porch pirate!
maybe I need to start ordering from AMAZON from now on just to keep my stuff from being ripped off but BE MY LUCK they won't have anything around here like that
Glad that Amazon has thought about this one.
That sounds an excellent idea.
@kareng (18922)
That is a pretty cool idea. I hadn't heard about it yet.
Wonderful idea! I would be loading boxes with dog crap if I got one stolen.
Sounds like a good plan for many. We have picked up UPS shipments and FED Ex from a local hardware store, but there were no lockers.