Am I the last of the great Purse carriers?

my purse
@mom210 (7740)
I stuff it so full that I cannot put anymore. BUT, you name it, I have it. Sinus pills, head ache pills, combs, brushes, make up, snacks, pens, pencils, pony tail holders, my wallet with no money but a few cards, keys, more keys, mp3 player, receipts, you get the idea. So it is fall, I am not a change my purse daily to match my outfit girl. Wish I was, but it is just to much for me right now. But, I do change in the fall and in the spring to neutral colors for that season. So was in the store today looking, there were barely any purses, they are all the over the back strap thingy's. They are super cute, but not me. I feel like the only purse carrier left in the world!! I did settle on the one in the photo, but geeze it was work finding one. I cannot even tell you how many stores I went in to find one. I am sooo tired I need to sleep for a week! Do you still carry a purse? if you are a guy does your wife, sister, mother, daughter?
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
I haven't carried a purse since my last ex-wife
Now she has to carry it herself.
The last? How many have you ran off?
@myklj999 (33077)
• Olney, Illinois
I use crossbody purses.
Me too.
@mom210 (7740)
are those the ones that look like a back pack? There are so many to choose from these days.
@mom210 I do have a back pack one too but no those are the ones that you wear like this picture. The ones I wear aren't that big.
I always carry a handbag, as all the women here in Europe. I do not really know where is the difference from a handbag and a purse. My handbag is not very big, because I am a "petite" woman and a big bag would look ridiculous, it must be a proportion.
i always preferred shoulder bags because i want my hands to be free while i'm out, especially when commuting. i also don't have to put it down when i need to take out something. there was this trend years ago where women would carry it on the crook of their arm no matter how big and heavy their bags were. that would tire me out easily.
@hereandthere For the day I also use a shoulder bag, if I go out for a dinner and I dress elegant, I wear a normal handbag, that is more elegant.
@mom210 (7740)
@LadyDuck I agree about the size, I have seen small women with big bags and it is an interesting look.
I carry a purse but it isn't filled
@mom210 (7740)
that makes it much lighter, I wish mine were not
A purse to us is mostly a small bag for change. It would be carried in a handbag which could also carry all the things you mention.
same here. i buy shoulder bags. wallet and coin purse are for money.
@hereandthere I usually have a shoulder bag as it leaves my hands free to carry other stuff.
@mom210 (7740)
@JudyEv Yes, I have to have free hands, gotta be able to shop and chase kids.
Yes but mine is not stuffed. Just keys, wallet, glass case holder cause I don`t need them indoors.
@mom210 (7740)
I need to unstuff, seems like when I do, I end up needing any and all of those things though.
I still carry a purse. Luckily, I don't need a new one.
@mom210 (7740)
Maybe I am just out of season or they had a great sale. Darn I like a good sale too.
I carry a purse with my stuff and my husband stuff in it. I like the purse that you got.
@mom210 (7740)
thank yo, yes, I end up with the whole families stuff in mine too..
No, I no longer carry a purse. I have a tote bag. I don't carry much in it except on Sunday morning when I put my Bible and notebook in it along with a bottle of water. Other than that it has my wallet and my business cards.
@mom210 (7740)
That is a good idea, if you need to you can put a lot into it. I always wonder what the long term effects will be for women from carrying large bags on our shoulders.
@mom210 Stooped shoulders unless you carry them correctly. The over-the-shoulder bag won't do any harm if carried as it should be. Too many people are lazy with the way they carry their bags.
I carry a fanny pack, does that count as a purse?
@mom210 (7740)
I used one of those for my walks, love it
@mom210 I love it as well. I use it everyday.
@hereandthere (39264)
we don't have seasons and i don't really match my bags with my clothes. i usually have 2, one small, one big.
@mom210 (7740)
I started using what I call my sports model, it helps to have the small one for quick trips.
I carry shoulder bags at times, but mostly the handbags with handles.