A visit to a cardiologist

@rsa101 (28951)
We had our yearly Xray check up as required by our office to comply with the city ordinances to have our employees undergo such lab test. I got my results and this time it had an impression that I had a tortous aorta which I kind of surprised to have such an impression. It troubled me what it means since my lungs and other parts were normal but this term quite alarmed me that there is something wrong. I read from the net that it just means there is thinning of passageway of and there is calcification of its passageway. Today I decided to have it consulted with a cardiologist. To my surprise when the doctor said that I have nothing to worry about it.since its part of ageing that our hearts develop this as we grow old. I am glad that I should not be worried about this condition since it happens to many. Since my heart is not enlarged so there is still no risk in my condition. I just forgot to ask the doctor why did they put it on the impression on my xray result if there is nothing that I should be worried about. They should not have placed it on my xray results that cause worrying on my part.
@rakski (64160)
the radiologist will put their interpretations there whether good or bad. That will be the basis of the doctor of whatever findings you have.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah I think that strange impression found on the xray is something that troubled me since that was the first time I read that findings in my xray results. The purpose of that xray was not really about my heart but lungs.
@rsa101 they can also see if your heart is enlarged and will duly note it in the results
@rakski (64160)
@rsa101 Aorta is a main artery found at the top of the heart going down and since the heart can be seen also at the chest xray, they would definitely see if there are some enlargement or anything. at least now you do not need to worry
It is usually common in patients that have a history of high blood pressure.
@rsa101 (28951)
So far I have not had High blood yet so I guess I am still safe. It just shows that I am ageing already.
@rsa101 I am surely older than you are, but I am glad I do not have this problem.
@rsa101 (28951)
@LadyDuck well we grow old different from each. But I think the radiologist should have not mentioned it since itnjust cuse alarm that prompted me to consult a cardiologist that only said this is but normal in aging people.
@simone10 (54107)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I'm glad there was nothing to worry about.
@rsa101 (28951)
It just shows i am getting older.
@simone10 (54107)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@rsa101 You arent alone
@rsa101 (28951)
@simone10 I am glad am not alone in this life.
@Nakitakona (36417)
I don't know if I'm right. The radiologist only reads the result of the Xray and indicates what the impression all about. While the cardiologist diagnoses and treats heart disease.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah but having that impression makes the reader feel worried and only the cardiologist would just read it as it's something not to worry about and just dismissed that reading. I think the radiologist should report only those that need to be worried about.
@Nakitakona (36417)
@rsa101 I don't think he has that authority to do that. If he does the cardiologist has no more job to do. What do you think?
@rsa101 (28951)
@Nakitakona It may be true. I just felt like I consulted a cardiologist for nothing since just when the doctor read it he dismissed me that its nothing. I just paid consultation for that 3 minutes. Although it was good to know the good news but my worries were just but useless and the doctors fee too.
@thelme55 (53630)
I am glad that there is nothing to worry about your health. Enjoy your weekend.
@rsa101 (28951)
I guess it’s just something that shows I am getting older now.
@thelme55 (53630)
@rsa101 I am also getting older
@rsa101 (28951)
@thelme55 Yeah need to slow down a bit I could feel the aches here an there now.
@yanzalong (17352)
Hope you are getting better.
@rsa101 (28951)
I am actually, there is nothing bothering me actually except from what the xray had found out. But there are no symptoms of chest pains and those kind of sorts. As the doctor had said there is nothing to worry since it is part of getting old that those gets thickened and it may become a danger if I feel the symptoms. So I think I need to just be mindful of what is happening in my heart that is already ageing.
@yanzalong (17352)
@rsa101 Having it checked regularly is better than not doing it.
@rsa101 (28951)
@yanzalong Yeah I guess that is part of growing old duties every now and then.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
That is a good move to consult a specialist. Now you can rest in peace, oh, I mean you can rest your mind in peace. Waheehee.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah I think I can now sleep and be comforted that there is nothing wrong with my heart yet.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
@rsa101 you can relax and have a nice evening there.
@rsa101 (28951)
@Alexandoy Yup that is true until next year when we are required again to have our xrays done by the office.
@RebeccasFarm (11224)
• Denver, Colorado
Whatever turns up or not, I pray for your complete health
@rsa101 (28951)
Thanks everything seems to be ok for now.
• Denver, Colorado
@rsa101 I am glad to know that
@edisondanila (33540)
That'd really gave you a sigh of relief from your doctor my friend.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yes I was reluctant to go since I do not want to find out but I did it and was relieve that it was part of growing old.
@rsa101 That's understandable my friend.
Well at least now, you have peace of mind.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yes I am glad nothing is wrong with me yet haha
@jobelbojel (19146)
It is just an impression dear. Years ago, I was hired in an office in QC, during training, I was called by the company nurse and handed me result of my xray. She said that I need to go back to the lab and have different xray to check the spot recorded in my left lung. The second xray confirmed the impression. I never believed it and never accepted the report. I went to a doctor and said that there is nothing wrong about my lungs. My lungs are intact. I wanted to go back to the company and explained that there is no issue with my health. But I let it go. I know God has a better plans for me. He closed that doctor because He has opened better employment.
@rsa101 (28951)
Ih that is really bad that you lose your just by the xray results. I do not think that’s unfair that they would discriminate you on that and have that against you.
It's one of the fears I have about growing old. Now a days I tend to eat veggies when ever i get the chance.
@rsa101 (28951)
Good for you. But the doctor said to me that everyone growing old will at some point have this condition.
@leny34 (8578)
• Sidoarjo, Indonesia
I'm glad to hear that everything's fine. and I hope your heart will stay healthy.
@rsa101 (28951)
I really hope that it stays that way. But age does make us weaker year by year. I just do not know how long will this last.
They should not have caused you to worry to begin with.
@rsa101 (28951)
Oh well I think I am thinking of asking another cardiologist about it so that I would have peace of mind. Maybe the first one dismissed it since he sees a lot of cases like me and has no serious consequence. But I think a doctor should at least find out if there are other things that may be causing this.
I agree. You should have been informed that what was shown on the X-Ray was not cause for concern. Just glad you now know you do not have to worry.
@rsa101 (28951)
True the mention of this condition should be done if they see some problem in it. Maybe the radiologist thought this may be a problem but not for the cardiologist.
I'm glad that this is nothing to worry about. I don't know why they had to mention it either, if there is no cause for worry.
@rsa101 (28951)
Yeah if the cardiologist dismissed it as nothing to worry about then I really don’t think it should not have been mentioned that made my xray result looked bad