Entering our 2nd week of quarantine

@rsa101 (28951)
Living in quarantined life for a couple of weeks has been a bit unsteady. There are times you feel happy you are with your family bonding like your are on staycationing with them. But there are times that you feel the pressure and anxiety of what is to come as you hear about the news outside and see the once street full of people and cars is now empty and looks abandoned. I never imagined my place to look like that. For now I am just looking forward that we will overcome all of these.
I only miss not being able to go out grocery shopping, but I am fine staying at home.
@rsa101 (28951)
We still can go to grocery but since we don’t have a car we have to walk to our nearest grocery store. Then we go home with our supply walking again for about a quarter of a kilometer. It’s quite tiring and nerve wracking knowing that the invisible enemy might be lurking around and you don’t know if you caught it while Walking home.
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@KadyDuck, life is so hard this time.
@rsa101 We are both "seniors", so we cannot, we hope that it will only be for another week, but not sure.
We saw a video clip of downtown Kathmandu and everything was closed up and it was all silent. It seemed very strange.
@rsa101 (28951)
True it’s a first time to see our world is silenced by this virus. We myabe connected online but our outside physical world has turned silent already.
@rsa101 When we were there Kathmandu was awash with noise and vehicles.
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@JudyEv, better this way than be caught by an invisible assailant.
@msdivkar (16488)
It is difficult to be staying home continuously as i am not used to it. But it is required in larger interest of everybody.
@rsa101 (28951)
That is true that is why I try to feel normal that it is just a regular weekend we are having or a holiday. But with the feeling confined in your place all the time like you cannot go out like you used to be is some kind of depressing. It’s as if you lose your freedom already to enjoy what you used to enjoy before.
@msdivkar (16488)
@rsa101 You are right. It is depressing to be confined to one place.
@rsa101 (28951)
@msdivkar yup the first week was somehow rejuvenating since we all deserve a break from our work. The 2nd week was something that is kind of troubling since it is rare that you have a break this long already.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
On the contrary, I am happy that the main road of our village is empty of vehicles because even tricycles and pedicabs are banned.
@rsa101 (28951)
Actually the first few days looked like the usual holiday were vehicles were less but when you see it this long you feel different already like this is not what you see and feel daily.
@Alexandoy (66401)
• Cainta, Philippines
@rsa101 you are right that it is an unusual sight but I enjoy the clear and clean roads, no traffic, no pollution.
@rsa101 (28951)
@Alexandoy I also appreciate the clean air that the absence of cars on the road made the air cleaner.
@ZedSmart (12281)
I think we can't go back to normal yet.
@rsa101 (28951)
With the situation at hand I believe it as well. We have not flattened the line and the cases are still on the rise.
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Zedsmart, so very true. It may take some months or even a year .
@ZedSmart (12281)
@cacay1 we need the medicine right now so that we can treat this disease like others.
@thelme55 (53630)
I am in my third week of quarantine. Not bored, yet.
@rsa101 (28951)
I am not bored yet too but I feel more anxious about the situation.
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@thelme55, we can't be bored if keep self busy like cleaning, disinfecting, reading and more. If keep self busy, there's no room for boredom.
This too shall pass.
@rsa101 That's what I want to find out, too
I’m enjoying staying home, but do miss going out to dinner.
@rsa101 (28951)
As many are saying it will become a new normal now. People are afraid to go out to catch that virus themselves. I just wish that a vaccine or medicine will be available soon ao we can all go back to our old normal selves again.
@rsa101 Exactly!
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
This shall all pass. All what people must do is obey the rules to stay at home and social- physical distancing. Our city and nearby tows look weary and abandoned.
@rsa101 (28951)
It’s actually depressing to see a place looking abandoned and see one or two people walking around.
@cacay1 (52844)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@rsa101 , only very few too here. Mostly men in uniform seen here with sniffer dogs
@JESSY3236 (13469)
I wish this all would end soon.
@rsa101 (28951)
I guess that is what everyone is wishing. It is just that I feel that we are just entering the peak and the worse is yet to come
I know this feeling. As I have stayed at home for over two months. Of course I will still go out to buy the groceries and occasionally I will go to the office. But I still try to stay at home as more as possible.
@rsa101 (28951)
What’s making this difficult is taking supplies as it is quite hard to do.
@dgobucks226 (24288)
Your right about that. Very few cars on the road. We are still allowed to grocery shop but many other stores are closed. It does make one very anxious as everyday activities, chores and appointments are disrupted.
@rsa101 (28951)
That is true. This bug has stop the world from moving around.
@acelawrites (18909)
It is good when people say indoors to prevent the spread of the virus. Hope this will end soon!
@rsa101 (28951)
That is what I am doing right now. I guess the question right now is when this will end since the world has literally stopped.
Pressure and anxiety for way to put it.
@rsa101 (28951)
The feeling of beinf confined to a place not being able to go out the usual is very troubling already. It is like being imprisoned at your own home.
@Thrilliana (13903)
Its been 3 weeks for me. As a teacher, my work has been suspended before the lockdown. We will be back to our normal routine so try to savour these days.
@rsa101 (28951)
I must have lost count already. The feeling is liked weekends. Enjoying the extra long holidays is not enjoyable if you are confined to your place only. Reading some posts in Fb I am starting to see familiar faces that has been affected by the virus. It feels sad to see them suffer the brunt of the virus.