Diary 25th May To 11th June 2020

Preston, England
Mylot is extremely quiet at present so I hope everyone is OK out there. Obviously with lockdown due to the Corona Virus there is very little social activity in the UK at present. My welfare payments have come in on schedule. I was randomly picked for testing for Corona and the tests proved I have not had the dreadful disease to date. Sticking the swabs up my nostrils was really horrible - frightening just how far in they seem to go. Bills, shopping and replacing my main computer with a slimmed down tablet version that upgrades me from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has been a highlight. Other than that, lots of reading, TV and frustration at not getting out much at all. Arthur Chappell
Glad that you are on a roll ! especially you tested negative for the virus.
@garymarsh6 (22427)
Well at least you know you have not come in contact with anyone with Corona so you are doing something right by isolating from others. It is quite tough but even though they are easing some restrictions you should remain diligent! Unfortunately we are at an at risk age Arthur!
• Preston, England
@garymarsh6 i'm certainly at that age
It’s good to know you are OK. Same here, streets were empty esp at night because of curfew hours. And oh the swabbing, that hurts weew
• Preston, England
@unsulliedcatt yes that was horrid
@Janet357 (65873)
Hello Arthur! Glad to hear you got your welfare payments. But am sure some businesses there are open. All the same, staying at home is the best thing we can do during this time. Since lockdown, yes, Mylot is a bit silent.
@thelme55 (60265)
That sounds horrible about sticking the swab up the nostrils. So scary but I am glad you have a good result. Yes, it is quiet here sometimes. Maybe some of Mylotters are working again offline. Have a nice day.
@Dragonairy1 (1740)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I'm pleased you've had a test and haven't had it. Are you shielding? I can go out for exercise etc, but mostly don't as I prefer to stay away from people and wait until things get better.
• Preston, England
@Dragonairy1 not shielding, just generally locked down and obeying social distancing orders
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
@arthurchappell like me then, I think about going out, and then think is it worth it. I try not to even go shopping at the weekend.
• Preston, England
@Dragonairy1 same here, I get the bulk of my shopping at the start of the month and then avoid further shopping as much as possible
@Ronrybs (10926)
• London, England
With things relaxing, a bit, I've been getting out on my bike more often, but I plan to maintain the restrictions for a while. Not sure we are clear and done by a long chalk
• Preston, England
@Ronrybs a second wave seems inevitable
@LindaOHio (54923)
Good to see you again. Yes, MyLot has been slow. I'm glad you have not had the coronavirus. I've heard that the nasal swabs are really awful. Have a great day!
@DocAndersen (32009)
i am glad you didn't have the virus!!!!!
Glad you're enjoying your tablet. I am hoping I don't have to be tested. That swab must be awful.
Hello Arthur, I am fine, no one has been sick in my family. I thought that the Covid test is pretty horrible, I hope not to need it, but now you know for sure that you are healthy. This is a frustrating time, all the time at home, it is a bit depressing.
@m_audrey6788 (34952)
I heard that the testing way is really not that good. Atleast, you`re not having this virus. Yes. I can feel that mylot is quiet too maybe they are busy offline
Good to hear from you, I see you haven’t been writing in a while.
I thought it would be a mouth swab only. That sounds uncofortable.
The internet providers are not forcing their subscribers to pay the whole amount of their usage starting March when the pandemic broke out. They've been currently disconnecting services. Most of these big companies don't have a heart.