I feel useless

I'm not. No, I know I'm not useless. That's how I feel at the moment. It's after 10 AM and words just don't want to come to me. I mean, admittedly, it might help if I actually tried to write some. I just haven't felt like doing anything in my usual routine the last few days, though I have felt like doing something. I think it's time for me to work up a new schedule for myself. I feel like that will help. The yarn that was supposed to get here today may not make it. The postal service is useless sometimes. First of all, they don't update anything so you don't actually know where it is. I'm going to hope it gets here today like it's supposed, but I'm not going to hold my breath over it either. I'm getting closer to finishing The Sundown Motel and think I might revisit some of the other books by Simone St. James. Today is going to be another one of those days where I half relax and half do things that need to be done. Retrograde is messing with me, I know it. I'm just going to go with the flow. Another day where I don't take myself too seriously. What's your Monday looking like?
@myklj999 (44475)
What's your Monday looking like? It looks like it went to bed about half drunk with its hair wet
I am mowing, because I must. Just sent hubby out to pick up his reserved books at the McPherson library. I felt just the way you describe all day yesterday. I even tried to nap but did not succeed.
Naps usually make me feel worse, or I only manage a few minutes of one and it doesn't help. Are the libraries there still closed for public access?
I had an incredibly busy Monday, I wanted to clean and declutter the space under the sink, it took a bit of time, then I cleared and cleaned the corner cabinet that is always a mess.
I still have been putting off those two cleaning jobs. I just put a few items into bags for donation later so I am happy I've done that. I have photos of myself when I was a child that I need to get a photo album for. They are in frames.
@ScribbledAdNauseum The heat is here now, tomorrow I "rotate" the clothing in the closet, I am going to donate all what I think I will never wear again.
@LadyDuck I do not like wearing long slleved shirts, so my winter clothing consists of just a few hoodies that I wear over shorter sleeved items. I am trying to get rid of almost all of my clothes.
@akalinus (32599)
Some days are just like that. I have serious cleaning to do. I would rather watch youtube but I will attempt to do the things that are more important.
I understand that. I did get some things done and feel better, but some more things need to be done. For me the fact that I don't feel encouraged to write bothers me the most.
@akalinus I have to do that too, write things down as they come to me. Even if it's the middle of the night.
@akalinus (32599)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I need to get in that habit. I thought of a great subject for myLot the other day. A regular little story. I cannot think of it now, no matter how hard I try.
@gr8nana6 (3126)
• Hamilton, Ohio
My monday has been quiet and that's the way I like it.
Quiet is good. I like quiet. I like no drama.
@gr8nana6 (3126)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@ScribbledAdNauseum Yes same here
@gr8nana6 I don't think I've ever been a big fan of noise anyway, unless I'm the one making it.
Monday was good and productive. Only an hour more to go
It is only 11:30 in the morning here. Lots of hours left for Monday.
@ScribbledAdNauseum haha yeah. Around 40 odd mins for me because I'll be sleeping after that
@Butterfingers I see, well you must be asleep already as it says it's 50 minutes since you responded to this.
@LindaOHio (39986)
I had to make a ton of calls today which put me behind with MyLot. I haven't felt like dong my "research posts" in over a week; and I feel guilty about that. Looking at the time, they won't get done today either.
Yes, it is only a few minutes until four as I am writing this, and I know you get offline anywhere between four and five pm. I haven't really felt like writing creatively lately, but I have written some each day. I did a few other things I should have done a few days ago, so that helped me perk up a bit.
@LindaOHio (39986)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I'm glad you've perked up. Keep at it!
@LindaOHio Thank You. I need to just put myself to a different schedule. I think that will help a lot.
@thelme55 (45293)
No, you are not useless. Enjoy your day. I bought a balcony recliner for myself this afternoon.
Oh that sounds like a good purchase. Thank You. The last few days have been tough on me because I've felt like I haven't done enough and been too lazy. I'm not so good with days where I do absolutely nothing.
@thelme55 (45293)
@ScribbledAdNauseum I see. Don´t feel bad when you have not done anything. Just think something positive why you don´t do anything.
@thelme55 You're right. I should turn it into a positive.
@Adie04 (5147)
My monday is full of panic and regret.
I am so sorry to hear that. Panic is such a hard thing to deal with.
@Adie04 (5147)
@ScribbledAdNauseum yup. Thankfully now I'm able to move on, I mean the panic and anxiety, though I still have a little of it in my chest. I even sang 'let it be' while writing this. It's like a mindset to let me just move on.
@Adie04 I am so glad you have something that helps you move past it. I know how hard it can be to move past these things.
@garymarsh6 (21705)
We are having a fairly peaceful day so far!
The same could be said here, if not also untolerably hot. It's 29 degrees celsius here.
@garymarsh6 (21705)
@ScribbledAdNauseum 29 is well out of my comfort zone. 25C is about right for me after which it makes me irritable and uncomfortable! Keep cool and chill!
@garymarsh6 I need it atleast ten degrees cooler than the 29. I feel suffocated easily with heat. Oh yes, I have a fan going almost all the time during the summer.
Good morning.Rain off and on to Wednesday.But we need it badly.Holiday weekend looks great
Is it a holiday weekend? Or do you mean the 4th of July?
@ScribbledAdNauseum 4th of July weekend.
@amadeo Ah yes, that's really a hop, skip and jump away.
It is looking kind of busy at the moment dealing with my tire and internet provider. I hope you feel better a bit later.
Do you think they'll get the internet sorted today?
@akalinus (32599)
@ScribbledAdNauseum My internet is working well today. Many days it is terrible. I hope it stays good today.
Monday is flying by for me and I don't know where it's going. One minute it was early and I was enjoying my coffee and now it's mid afternoon. Don't know how much I'm going to accomplish today and I just feel as if I'm spinning my wheels. Hope you have a good day even if you're just going with the flow.
Thank You. Today was better than I thought it would be when I wrote this post. It definitely has just spun right on by like you said. I almost can't believe it's Monday at all.
• Agra, India
My Monday has ended and I'm glad it was a fine day
I am glad you had a good day. I am sure you are probably asleep by now. It's only 1 PM here.
There are still some things in the house that i haven't done yet. WHich i will do tomorrow, never too late to do things you can still do.
Very true. I did a few things after I wrote this discussion and it made me feel a little better. I do not think I will feel completely better until everything that I do not want is out of the house.
@Lavanya15 (5856)
• Chennai, India
My days going smoothly no issues. Hope you finish all your work.
I am glad your day is going smoothly. Yes, I will try to get some things done today.