Waving Good-Bye to June

Happy Tuesday Everyone! It's an iffy kind of day here this morning. One minute the sun is out and the next it's cloudy and looks like rain. I'm sure at some point the rain will win but I'll enjoy the sun while it lasts. My daughter went to work today so it's just me and the pups. Only one is snoring this morning and the other one is waiting for me to sit in the recliner so she can snuggle up on my lap. I told her she has to wait a few minutes while I say hello here and wait for the coffee to brew. My cousins daughter just had her first baby and this is the first grandchild for my cousin. To say she's beyond the moon with joy would be an understatement. Mom and baby are both doing well which is always good to hear. I'm particularly touched since she named her new baby boy John and my dads name was John. I know she didn't pick it because of my dad but it's just nice to know we have another John in the family. My next crocheting project will be to make a nice baby blanket and send it to her with all my good wishes. It's nice to hear some good news these days. Here we are at the end of another month and fingers crossed that July will be better. Now I'm going to pour my coffee and let Mush snuggle with me for awhile and then I'll be back. Enjoy your day my friends
She will love a crocheted baby blanket. What sort of pattern will you use? Motifs or more a straight back-and-forth one? haha I hope you know what I mean!
I'm not very good at crocheting so it will be a simple back and forth (either single or double stitch), Now I have to go through all my yarn and see what colors I want to use.
@Marilynda1225 You inspired a post as I've just used up all the baby wool a friend gave me. I made beanies for premature babies.
@JudyEv Good for you to make beanies for premature babies! I sometimes read about people who do that and think they ave such good hearts. You are such a kind and loving person!
• Agra, India
I would love to see the blanket
I'll post a picture when it's done
• Agra, India
@Marilynda1225 I would love to see it..my mother is excellent at crocheting and I love each and every piece she makes.
@Marilynda1225 That will be nice.
@CarolDM (82028)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Happy to hear about the new baby. Exciting news. More rain falling but I am enjoying the sound.
We could use a rainy day but lately it just looks like rain but nothing falls from the sky. The grass is now more brown than green.
@CarolDM (82028)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@Marilynda1225 Sorry about that. I would send you some if I could.
Congratulations, John is a good strong, old fashioned name. I'm sure that you'll make a beautiful blanket for him. I'm glad that half of 2020 is over, hopefully the worst of the year. I look forward to the next half since our son and his wife will be moving closer to us.
Has your son found a new house yet? I know you're excited about them being closer. Lets hope and pray the next half of the year is better My dad was John and I named my son Jonathan (after my dad even if it wasn't the exact name)
@Marilynda1225 Jonathon is our son's name too-after my Dad, John. The kids have struck a deal with her mother. She is a divorced lady living in this large home which needs upkeep and some renovations. They will make a balloon payment on her mortgage to get their name on the deed and then have contractors coming in to add another bathroom, new windows a couple of new rooms and some other renovations. Its just too much for her all alone. Our son is content to call that his forever home-he loves it out there, and is generous that he would let her live with them until she is older and chooses to move into town. It is not safe to move or look at homes now with the virus still lurking about. They will proceed with caution, both for their health as well as financially. A lot of people took a 6-month mortgage deferral in March, and they will need to pay all of their interest back and start up their payments in a few more months. A lot of people are still on CERB, which is the $2,000 monthly payout for covid relief. The markets are going to be flooded with homes that people will have to either walk away from or sell at a reduced price since they won't be able to afford them.
@cherigucchi (8231)
Time really flies so fast. In just a few hours, July is here.
Time is going by too fast these days
@Marilynda1225 That is correct especially when you are busy doing something. You dont get to notice t.
@bbghitte (1969)
We have a windy day today. Yeah, let's claim that July will be sweeter and better.
Lets hope and pray for better months to come
@bbghitte (1969)
Crocheting a nice baby blanket will take a while, it is a lovely gift,
I love giving homemade gifts
@Marilynda1225 It is very thoughtful
A new baby in the family is always so exciting!
I just hope I get to see this little boy before he heads off to college
@msdivkar (11683)
Let your wish come true and month of July be better than previous 3 months.
I hope so
@Dena91 (7331)
Congratulations to your family with the new addition. John is my uncle's name so I am fond of it as well. Enjoy your day.
John is popular in our family too.
@wolfgirl569 (30434)
• Marion, Ohio
Have a good day. This year has went too fast
It's flying by almost at the speed of sound
@myklj999 (44482)
Do I have to use my entire hand or can I just flip one finger at it?
probably one finger will sum up perfectly how this month has been
@moonandstars (38123)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
Congrats for having another John in the family and enjoy your coffee
Good Morning. We expect rain here today as well. I hope it knocks down some of the heat here. Congrats to your cousin and the mama for the new baby in the family. I am sure they'll appreciate the baby blanket. Are you going to use a pattern or just crochet something up in blue? Yes it's so hard to believe we are at the end of another month, isn't it? Enjoy your coffee and snuggles with Mush.
I'm more of a simple crocheting person so it will probably be something in either a single or double crochet stitch, I want to make it big enough that he'll be able to use it as he grows. I have to go through my yarn and see what I have. I'm not sure I want to do it in blue
@Marilynda1225 Ah okay. I do not blame you. I think the single and double crochets are really pretty all their own. the most adventurous I plan to be is the shell stitch. Do you know what colors his nursery are?
@thelme55 (45346)
I can understand how happy your cousin is. I am sure she will crochet something for the baby. Crocheting baby shoes is fun and cute.
My mom was so good at crocheting, I still have the small blanket she crocheted for my niece. I recovered it before she threw it.
@Adie04 (5296)
Bye bye June, and hopefully bye bye virus too..
Congratulations to your cousin on the new grandchild in the family. It sounds like you've got our weather from yesterday. We have sun today, though they're talking about rain, but most likely not here. Enjoy your coffee and snuggling with Mush. I hope you show us a picture of the baby blanket before you send it off.
I'm sure she will just love your handmade baby blanket. Today ends my birthday month. I have no complaints about June. It's been a wonderful one for my family and me!
Im so glad June is over