Happy Friday, Friyay, Fridianne Day!

Just returned from an extremely short walk with my hair plastered to my head. Thanks humidity! I think hubs is up, so I will take a shower. But first, I received a text from our older son. The family loves their second home in the country, but needed something else for the kids to keep busy without camp this summer. They are both back at figure skating and ice hockey practices by the way. So my daughter-in-law found a pool club with three different pools which practices social distancing and all the necessary safety measures. It appears that they have the complex to themselves. . That relaxes me a bit. ~The photo is of our Ice Princess on the left with her younger, taller, skinny, long-haired brother on the right.~
The girl knows already how to pose :-)
She's been posing like that since she was 5 years old.
@DianneN That's funny. Does she imitate anyone or has she found this posture herself?
@MALUSE She has many moves. I think she's precocious and has been exposed to this in the theater, skating world, concerts, music videos, and billboards in New York City.
Your grandchildren look happy in that picture and that pool in the background certainly looks inviting. It's great that your DIL found a pool club that will offer the kids a place to swim with all the social distancing requirements.
Thanks. Safety is so important and I only hope it's safe enough. These kids swim like fish and need to burn off their energy.
@DianneN we belonged to a swim club when I was growing up and my brother and I would swim all day. We slept like rocks at night.
• Walnut Creek, California
We try to social distance at our pool. But are we blowing it when we play catch with a floaty ball?
@UncleJoe (18350)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I joined a pool club when I was a kid!
Did you sink anything?
@DocAndersen (26198)
i wonder right now about the impact. I hear school district after school district say that they are only doing 1/2 days of school 3 days a week and the rest virtual. We may end up years behind.
I don't know what's happening in NYC right now. My grandson goes to a private school which did a fine job online. My granddaughter attended public school, but was accepted to a private online school in the gifted program and worked her head off. I think my DIL and son are looking into the Stanford University online program for her. We will see. Personally, I don't want them back in school until this virus is long gone.
@DocAndersen (26198)
@DianneN i don't either, I just worry about the kids that don't have access to the internet or computers.
@DocAndersen That was a huge problem in NYC public schools. 1,200,000+ students and not enough computers to go around. Many of the poor kids didn't even have WiFi.
@gr8nana6 (6277)
• Hamilton, Ohio
They sure do look happy to be able to go to the pool again, nice smiles.
Thanks! They are always happiest when being busy.
@gr8nana6 (6277)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@DianneN I can imagine it was hard on them when we all had the lockdown
@gr8nana6 Actually, they missed their friends and sports the most, but they understand.
@CarolDM (88490)
• Nashville, Tennessee
I prefer the inside treadmill on these crazy sauna days! Glad the family as all happy. Love the photo of your Princess and her brother. Happy faces.
We got rid of the treadmill, so stuck with drippy hair. A t least it was cool out while waiting for the rains to arrive. Many thanks.
@CarolDM (88490)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@DianneN That is good. If I get up early enough it's not too bad, on some days.
@CarolDM I hear ya. I do like a good sweat though. I feel as if I'm cleansing all my pores.
@myklj999 (46244)
Kind of miserable this morning here, at 3:30 A.M. it was still 80 degrees and the humidity is 81%
I was still sound asleep then. It's cool here, but the humidity is 95%. I like to walk early in the morning while it's cool, but the humid air will be with us all dayl ong with rain later.
@myklj999 (46244)
@DianneN Scar had started in about 45 minutes earlier with his regular inquisitive "Meowt?" which is okay, I can mumble "No" and go back to sleep...but he starts ratcheting the volume bit by bit until he's basically screaming in my ear, at which point I give up because he's too fast to slap
@myklj999 Doodles was the exact same. He would just sit and try to stare me awake, then add sweet little meows, and finally loud, demanding ones. He guilted me awake not because he was hungry, but because he had seen a critter in the yard. All I can say is enjoy your days with Scar. I wish I could have them all back with Doodles.
@Alexandoy (65290)
• Cainta, Philippines
Your ice princess is truly a beauty.
Thanks, Alex!
@Alexandoy (65290)
• Cainta, Philippines
@GreatMartin (14997)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
"They are both back at figure skating and ice hockey practices by the way." Safe?????
Yes. Very few kids and masks and designated spaces on the ice. My grandson is a goalie, so it's only him and the coach shooting pucks.
Haha that's great. Both your grand children's look so cute and adorable
Thanks. It keeps them out of trouble.
@peachpurple (12811)
Hi, it is night time now. Had dinner, weather is a bit hot today. Glad to hear that your adult kids had plans ahead
We must be a good twelve hours apart in our time. Thanks and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
as long as they are ok that is good. Good morning.
That's what they told me. They are very protective of the kids. Good morning to you!
@birjudanak (14639)
Its a beautiful photo and glad to see brother and sister together. Most of kids didn't go anywhere because of this pandemic so its great that at their place still things are OK and people can visit pool. Its a good and relaxing place for them as they can enjoy there.
Thanks! They are way out in the country where barely anyone is around. Their parents are extremely protective of them.
They certainly do live the life
I honestly don't know how they do it. My son constantly complains about how expensive everything is.
@Young_boy (1051)
• Bekasi, Indonesia
From this picture i think They look very happy. I curious, Are they student in junior high school? Or elementary school?
Thank you! My granddaughter is 12 and ready for junior high school, and my grandson is 10 and is in elementary school. He skipped a grade, so will be in 6th grade this year.
So glad those pool sessions will be very safe. Worries are a way of life with that darn virus still out there.
One can only hope it will be safe around the pool. All it takes is one covidiot to cause mayhem.
• Walnut Creek, California
@DianneN As I mentioned, Horse's Jr's mom is a covid denier and Trump supporter. It's a bit scary for me.
Happy, adorable siblings! That's nice they were able to locate a safe pool for the kids to have fun and beat the heat. Oh and the first thing that caught my eye was that natural little model, your Ice Princess Cool pose!
Thanks and . She's a master at posing and has been doing them since she was 5 years old.
@DianneN haha I'm not surprised because it did look like she's quite natural at itt Hope the kids have an exciting and safe summer!
@Miracle_Maya Thanks. Years of practice helped. Many thanks, Maya.
@wolfgirl569 (32906)
• Marion, Ohio
They are cute. Glad they have something to do this summer.
Thanks, Eva. They have been going to camp since each turned 4 years old. Not being able to go left a hole in their summer. Dad works from home and needs peace and quiet to earn a living to pay for camp.
@wolfgirl569 (32906)
• Marion, Ohio
@DianneN I am sure they are not too bad at home. But this will help keep them busy.
@wolfgirl569 They are just loud.
I guess mom and dad are feeling ready for school to start, but it is going to be awhile yet!
No, online school for both.
You know those two are brother and sister. He's getting so tall. She is so pretty. I'm glad they found a pool that practices social distancing. I love the picture.
Thanks! The doctors say he will be 6'3"..
@DianneN That's a good height for a man. How old is he?