I Had Work Done in My Downstairs Bathroom

I had a faucet in my downstairs bathroom that had the cold water broken for years. It was just one of those things that you ignore because it is going to mean other repairs. My husband also broke the pedestal on our old sink years ago. This week I finally put my stimulus check to good use. We got a new Kohler comfort height toilet, the new pedestal sink and new faucet. I am so happy, I am literally doing the happy dance. I love this sink, my old pedestal sink had no place to put your toothbrush or hairbrush down or a razor. This one is perfect. I still need to get a new mirror, light and baseboard heat covers but that means getting in an electrician and that is another person I have to find so I am just waiting a bit. But soon. I still have eough left from the money we got to do some other small repairs. I am one happy camper.
@moffittjc (91104)
• Gainesville, Florida
That is great you were able to put the stimulus check to good use! I'm sure you're very happy to have that project mostly knocked out of the way.
Oh yes I am, I am so excited to have both hot and cold water in that sink lol The small things in life are sometimes the best!!
@moffittjc (91104)
• Gainesville, Florida
@BelleStarr Oh yes, it's the little things that often makes us the most giddy! I just cleaned up my back patio and removed a lot of junk that had piled up there over the past year. I feel elated to have my patio back to its former glory! Of course, it's too hot right now to sit outside on the patio, but still, I'm pleased with my accomplishment!
@moffittjc yes my next project is Al’s room, where he wTches tv
@sallypup (41092)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Its looking good. I ordered two toilets from Home Depot- got one the nice, chair height size and the other I goofed on. Its awfully low. Low toilets are hard for folks with bad knees.
Oh yes the are, I love this tall one if you can actually love a toilet
@sallypup (41092)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@BelleStarr I wish in a big way that we could return our short toilet but hubby has it installed so I will just have to deal with it. Toilets are something that most folks find impolite to talk about but I think you are right, you can love a toilet.
@sallypup I only gave one shirt on left, upstairs at this house. But I’m going to get a tall one
So glad you are putting your stimulus check to good use. It will keep the economy going. Enjoy your new and improved bathroom.
Thank you, I felt that I should do my part to help the economy lol
@BelleStarr . Enjoy your new bathroom!
@DianneN haha I am
I know I could look it up but what is a stimulus check? Glad you were able to get those improvements done.
The government sent each of us a check for $1200 it was called a stimulus check. Free, no tax and I thought I would use it for something useful.
@BelleStarr How good is that! Great.
It looks very nice. I'm glad you were able to use the stimulus for it.
Thanks a worthwhile use!!
@BelleStarr Yes, it was.
@LindaOHio (49491)
Good for you. We have a lot of things that need to be fixed too.
Yes I figure one thing at a time. The flooring in the family room is probably next.
@LindaOHio (49491)
@BelleStarr It's a never-ending process.
@gr8nana6 (6908)
• Conyers, Georgia
That's a nice pedestal sink, it sure has more room then most.
Yes that ledge is perfect, I don't have enough room for a vanity so this was the perfect solution.
@gr8nana6 (6908)
• Conyers, Georgia
@BelleStarr Yes it sure is, the only reason I never liked pedestal sink was the lack of room
@Elizaby (6392)
• Pensacola, Florida
Enjoy the new fixtures in your bathroom. By the time you get the other done the walls will probably be crying for you to give them attention too
I am sure they will, the wallpaper should be removed but it is too big of a job for me to tackle right now.
@Dragonairy1 (1751)
• Newcastle Upon Tyne, England
I’m pleased you’ve got a nice bathroom at last.
Thank you yes it makes me very happy
@Keola12 (793)
The sink looks beautiful. There's always a great feeling of accomplishment when getting repairs or any other tasks around the house taken care of.
Yes it is isn’t it
That's wonderful. I need to get repairs done as well but I'm going to wait a couple years. Once I've paid off the car I'll have a little extra each month for that purpose.
I just hired a contractor for the cottage today, he is going to do the side porch first and start early in august
Always nice to get new things,
Yes it is and I’m delighted the boys always called it the scary bathroom lol
It is a lovely sink!! That stimulus money was put to very good use.
Thank you,I do you love it.
@thelme55 (53971)
Now you have a memory from your stimulus. That is a nice sink. Enjoy your new faucet.
Thank you yes I wanted to do something meaningful with the money and this will be for years.
@CarolDM (98819)
That is great to get the work done. Looks nice.
Thank you, he did a very neat job and I love the way it turned out
It's nice to get things fixed. We're on a list to get our bathroom floor redone. Hopefully soon.
I need that done in my upstairs bathroom, these days contractors are so busy that long waits are the norm. I hope they get to you soon!!
That is wonderful news. You sound like you are most pleased with the outcome of the repairs.
Yes I am delighted and he did find a minor leak in the wall which saved us a bigger repair later.
That's great! Congratulations!
Thank you, I am so happy with the job they did, it was not inexpensive but it will be in there for years.
Haha this remembers me that my upstairs toilet is not working but I haven't got it repaired for 6 months
@aureliah (24244)
• Kenya
This reminds me that my bathroom needs some work