My July Experiment

@thelme55 (48232)
Germany
Hello everyone! I am back to writing discussions. I am glad July is over as I have missed writing discussions on Mylot. I was only interacting here for the whole month of July. I spent mostly 3 to 5 hours a day but not every day. Some days I was only at least an hour here as I had to do a lot of things offline. On the last weekend of July, I was 3 days on vacation in the north of Germany. What I noticed about not posting a discussion and only interacting with our fellow mylotters are: 1. The first week, it was okay for me not to write a post but then I miss writing here. The next following week, I started to look forward to the end of the month. I interacted with almost everyone. 2. I noticed that some who used to interact with me was gone. No more interaction with them, not even replying to my comments. I started concentrating on mylotters who interacted with me. 3. I was still earning the same as when I was posting a discussion every day. I noticed that sometimes, I even earned more in a day by just interacting. Of course, I earned also from our fellow mylotters who were still commenting on my old posts. Furthermore, the 3 days that I was not here was a loss of earning but it is worth it as I was enjoying my 3 days vacation with my Filipino friends and their respective families. 4. I learn to treasure Mylotters who are really "talking" or "chatting" with me on the comments and responses on other discussions. 5. The best thing for me is, to still write a post every day and interact with others if I want and have time to do so. I think it is already too long for some to read this post and so I will just "park my pen" here. I will write some in my other posts later. Thanks for reading. I am glad to be back on posting a discussion. The photo is one of the food that I made last July 2020.
@arunima25 (42543)
• Bangalore, India
I was waiting for your update with your July experiment. I am glad to know that posting more discussions does not ensure more earnings. I find many people posting more than trying to interact more. So we earn by our interaction and that can be anything posting, replying, commenting and receiving the response back from others. So interaction is the key
@thelme55 (48232)
Yes, interaction is the key to earn on Mylot @arunima25.. Thanks for commenting. Have a nice new day/evening in August.
Right on!
@ptrikha_2 (24533)
@thelme55 @arunima25 Yes commenting, responding and commenting back, and with joy being added into the conversation.
The best is to write a post every day, or also every other day, and spend most time interacting. I have too many errors to decide to post right now. Your smoothie looks good.
@thelme55 (48232)
Yes, that is the best for me to do @LadyDuck. I am really looking forward to your post. Have a nice holiday in your country. Thank you.
@thelme55 Thank you Thelma. I hope that what Admin wrote yesterday is true and the error will be fixed soon.
@thelme55 (48232)
@LadyDuck We hope that it is true.
Well, I am one that is delighted that you will write interesting posts again!
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you very much @marlina. You are one of Mylotters that I am happy to interact with.
@thelme55 , Well, thank you so much Thelma! Reciprocating here
@thelme55 (48232)
@marlina Likewise. Have a nice weekend.
@Sambriel (1570)
That's so lovely a piece ! Thanks for sharing these amazing insights. Wishing you a more successful and less stressful New Month!
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you very much @Sambriel. I wish you the same successful and stress-free August.
@Sambriel (1570)
@thelme55 anytime! Aww. . . Thanks alot for your kind wishes!
@thelme55 (48232)
@Sambriel You are very welcome.
@sophie09 (20579)
Yes i havent seen your post for a while. I am glad you are back posting again :)
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you @sophie09. I have missed writing a discussion here every day.
@sophie09 (20579)
@thelme55 you are most welcome. Keep updating :)
@Gillygirl (42503)
• Sutton, England
I wondered how you got on. It is good to see you posting again as I enjoy your posts. That is a tasty looking smoothie The errors have kept me away recently.
@myklj999 (46237)
They haven't kept me away but they have caused considerable cursing and consternation
@thelme55 (48232)
It went well without posting a post @Gillygirl. Yes, the smoothie was delicious and I wish I have those fruits right now to make another one. We have 21°C here. Enjoy your Sunday. I have only encountered error once. Thanks.
@thelme55 (48232)
@myklj999 I can imagine you cursing.
@Janet357 (54868)
keep those who really value your posts and responses. I love your smoothie!
@thelme55 (48232)
Yes, I do @Janet357. Thank you. It was a very refreshing smoothie. I wish I have the fruits now to make it again. Enjoy your first weekend of August. Take care.
@Janet357 (54868)
@thelme55 I think you write a blog.right, and this pic is for your blog. instagramable.
@thelme55 (48232)
@Janet357 Thanks for reminding me. I seldom visit my Instagram account. I have not posted this photo there.
@fluffy69 (4434)
Wow it looks delicious and refreshing smoothie, keep going
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you @fluffy69. It was indeed refreshing and delicious.
@fluffy69 (4434)
@thelme55 youre welcome
very good observation and its a good read...
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you very much @d_red_madelaine. Have a nice weekend.
@moffittjc (87874)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love spending time with myLotters who engage heavily in our discussions back and forth. Those who really take the time to write out thoughtful responses and comments. So many members here will just leave one word comments or very short sentences, instead of taking the time to actually engage in conversation with other myLotters. I love those who are willing to have drawn out conversations that shows they are willing to invest in the friendships on this site. Your smoothie in the photo looks delicious!
@thelme55 (48232)
I love that too @moffittjc. I agree with you. I really like it when the comments are well thought of and very engaging. It seems some are just on the go commenting. Thank you. That smoothie was really delicious. How I wish I have it now as I am thirsty. Enjoy your weekend. It is past midnight here and I have to go to bed.
@lovebuglena (19808)
• Staten Island, New York
Really enjoy chatting with you!
@moffittjc (87874)
• Gainesville, Florida
@thelme55 Your photo gave me the incentive to make my own fruit smoothie for lunch! Banana, blueberry and pineapple!
@nela13 (35481)
• Portugal
Interaction is indeed the key to have success here. I am glad you are posting again, most of the time I don't post a discussion every day.
@thelme55 (48232)
That´s right @nela13. I post once every day, maybe twice. Some days I don´t as I have something else to do offline or I am traveling again. Thank you.
@nela13 (35481)
• Portugal
@thelme55 It always depend on my time, very rarely I make two posts a day.
@thelme55 (48232)
@nela13 May too. Very seldom to me, too.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Welcome back @thelme55 it's good to hear that your experiment worked out for you and I'm glad you are back to writing again.
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you very much @gr8nana6. I have to go to bed now as it is almost 1 a m. See you later in your post.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@thelme55 Ok I hope you had a great night, see you around myLot.
@thelme55 (48232)
@gr8nana6 Yes, I had a deep sleep last night. Now I am feeling like going to bed again. Enjoy your Sunday.
@kobesbuddy (106705)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Because of online issues, I wasn't as active in July. Yet, I did miss reading your discussions Your smoothie looks so delicious! You are very creative, Thelma:)xo
@thelme55 (48232)
That was the smoothie I made which recipe I wrote for the Filipino German magazine. Thank you @kobesbuddy. Have a nice weekend.
@kobesbuddy (106705)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@thelme55 Smoothies are very healthy treats!
@thelme55 (48232)
@kobesbuddy That´s right.
@cherriefic (9572)
That's a very good observation! I dont have many discussions since I like to interact more sometimes.
@thelme55 (48232)
Thank you very much @cherriefic. I am mostly doing interactions, too.
@thelme55 I feel like I'm missing out on the people I like interacting with so I have to just search for more discussions to comment on.
@thelme55 (48232)
@cherriefic I can relate to how you feel. Thanks and have a wonderful new week in August.
@shubhu3 (35493)
• New Delhi, India
I can understand. Mylot is love.
@thelme55 (48232)
That´s right @shubhu3. Thank you and have a nice weekend.
@shubhu3 (35493)
• New Delhi, India
@thelme55 Have a lovely weekend.
@thelme55 (48232)
@shubhu3 Thank you, you too.
I'm so happy you are back posting! I do believe interacting is the most important thing on here whether or not you create many posts. Love the placemats in your photo!
@thelme55 (48232)
I am happy about that, too @DianneN. I really missed writing a discussion every day. Yes, it is the most important thing to do. I saw the placemats by accident in a shop and I love them and so I bought them.
@thelme55 Well, welcome back! Some of the best things we buy are by pure chance!
@thelme55 (48232)
@DianneN Thank you. That´s right.
I was wondering how your experiment went. Happy August 1st (though by the time you read this, it may be August 2nd for you). I am going to write fewer discussions. I don't know how fewer, but I do know I want to interact more instead of writing discussions. When I do write discussions, I think I am going to make it multi-topic and let people pick and choose what they want to read about.
@thelme55 (48232)
Yes, it is already the 2nd of August here. Midnight. That is a good idea to make multi-topic posts @ScribbledAdNauseum. Thank you and have a nice weekend.
@thelme55 Yes August 2nd here now, but 10 AM. Enjoy what's left of your Sunday. Yes, I know a few others that make multi-topic discussions as well.
@thelme55 (48232)
@ScribbledAdNauseum Thank you. Have a nice Sunday, too.
@moonandstars (40419)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
park your pen is a funny expression; i should memorize it i'm glad you could go somewhere and it's fine to switch off a bit. yes, mylot has changes but, that's maybe how is it always going to be, perhaps. all in all, see you around
@thelme55 (48232)
You mean "park my pen". I used to write that when I was still writing to my penpals when I was still a teenager ages ago.. Thank you @moonandstars
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@thelme55 exactly. i'm always adding or swithcing letters so, it's a vintage term; i like it even more! you're welcome
@vilma143 (2911)
• Dipolog, Philippines
Your smoothie sounds delicious. My time is so short if I post here. I plan to do so really. Thank you for posting here again. Have a wonderful day to you there.
@thelme55 (48232)
Yes, it was delicious @vilma143. Just interact when you can. Have a wonderful Monday
@vilma143 (2911)
• Dipolog, Philippines
@thelme55 , Yes, thank you too.
@simone10 (51427)
I am so glad you are back to writing. I don't think I could go a whole month without posting as I just have too much to say
@thelme55 (48232)
I am glad too @simone10. I will not do it again as I have missed writing a discussion in the whole month of July.
@simone10 (51427)
@thelme55 I can understand why you wouldn't wan to do it again. I tried once and it only last a few days.