5 Year milestone...yippee!

@gr8nana6 (6231)
Hamilton, Ohio
Good morning my fellow myLotters. Just a quick appearance to let y'all know I'm ok. I am still hurting so I'm going to stay in my recliner and rest as much as I can. I will do some notifications and reading while I am awake though. I am ecstatic, for today makes 5 years of being smoke free, wohoo... I am so proud of myself for giving it up after 56 Years of smoking and I am so happy that I don't have the cravings at all. I live in a household of smokers though, so I do get the second hand smoke. I can tell because I actually have that nasty smokers cough, but not for much longer though. Donna stopped one month later on the 1st. of Sept. but she still does the vapes, I wish she could get away from that too. Ok it's almost time for another pain pill so I am going to read a little before I fall asleep again. Have a wonderful weekend y'all. Image is from the Internet
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
Good for you, that is great to hear.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@CarolDM (88477)
• Nashville, Tennessee
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@myklj999 (46237)
So you quit smoking on the same day myLot officially started paying again
I did not realize this, but it's true!
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@myklj999 wow I didn't know that, I didn't come here until sept of 2015. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
Congratulations to you! I know how difficult it is, too. Vaping is also no good.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
I try to tell Donna, but at least it isn't quite as bad as smoking. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@gr8nana6 I hear ya. Only she can stop when she is ready.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@DianneN I am only glad that she quit right after me, she told me that if her mom can quit so can she. I am so proud of her too.
I'm sorry you're still in pain. I hope you feel better soon. I'm sorry you have the nasty smokers cough. Hopefully, when you move, you'll get rid of it too. Congratulations on being smoke-free for five years.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks and yes I will be in a smoke free household and that will help with the cough. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@gr8nana6 I'm glad you will. You might find it disappears. Once I moved away from my children, my cough and bronchitis completely disappeared. I've never smoked, but my kids do so I got the second-hand smoke. I still do when I go to my son's to do laundry. But I'm not there very long.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@just4him That's what I am looking forward too.
You deserve to be proud of that achievement!!! Congratulations! I do hope your pain gets less and less each day.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks I am proud of myself and I hope this pain gets better over time. I don't want to have to take pain pills all the time I take enough meds everyday as it is. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@moffittjc (87874)
• Gainesville, Florida
Congratulations on being smoke free! It was a very smart decision on your part. Now you need to get Donna to give up that vaping. Our lungs were not meant to have anything in them but oxygen.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thank you I know it was a wise decision, I sure hope she gives that up too. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@moffittjc (87874)
• Gainesville, Florida
@gr8nana6 Keep encouraging her to give up the bad habit, but do so in a loving way, not in a nagging way! lol
@sophie09 (20594)
Yay! You are great for not smoking anymore. More healthy life to go?
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@sophie09 (20594)
@gr8nana6 my pleasure. And to you too. Any plans for next week already?
Awesome, I know how hard it is to try to quit. I hope you get to feelin better.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks I will get better no sweat. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
I quite in 1993 and have never had even one puff since that date, I am also very glad I did. Congratulations on your five year milestone.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Congratulations to you too, I am so glad that I never had the urge again. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@arunima25 (42544)
• Bangalore, India
It's tough to quit it and you have successfully done it for five years. Congratulations! It has been 20 years since my husband quit it and I have seen his initial struggle to do so
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
After I made up my mind it wasn't too bad. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@Lolaze (4982)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Sorry you are hurting but congrats on not smoking! My mom quit recently and I know it’s so hard.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@Adie04 (8870)
I guess secondary smoker is more dangerous than first hand smoker.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
I think it is. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@FourWalls (26977)
• Louisville, Kentucky
Congratulations! My mom stopped smoking in 1995 and it gave her a few years of rest from the breathing issues (and in the end, it wasn’t a smoking-related issue that killed her).
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
So sorry for your loss. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
That is wonderful you have made it 5 years. That had to be so hard to do after 56 years .
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
I tried so many times and I'm glad it finally stuck. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@wolfgirl569 (32026)
• Marion, Ohio
Congrats on the no smoking anniversary.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks and Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
Congratulations on not smoking for five years. And hope you feel better too.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks, yes as long as I take some pain meds I'm ok. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
5 years is definitely something to be celebrating. Congratulations Rest and hope you feel better
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks I rested most of the day, getting ready to take another pain pill and lay in the bed watching some TV. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
Congratulations, you stopped on "Swiss National Day" . I celebrated 50 years without the past 5th of February.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Congrats to you too then. Thank you for visiting and have a great weekend!
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@LadyDuck I didn't have that problem since every one I ever dated smoked. Maybe if I met someone that didn't smoke I would have quit much sooner.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@LadyDuck The only one in my family growing up who smoked was my Dad. I kind of picked up the smoking from him and my peers at work.
@simone10 (51427)
Congratulations! Do the other smokers in your home smoke inside?
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Naturally, they say their house, their rules. Oh well I'll be ok in a couple months when I'm away from here. Thank you for visiting and have a great Monday!
@simone10 (51427)
@gr8nana6 Personally I don't think anyone should smoke inside. My brother and I both smoke but we have never smoked inside.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
@simone10 Well when I smoked I did it inside too, but it was only me living there. If I had company that didn't smoke, I waited until they left. I just think it is disrespectful to smoke around non-smokers.
@thelme55 (48232)
Congratulations! I am glad you stop smoking. Enjoy your Sunday.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio
Thanks I am too. Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a pleasant Sunday!
@thelme55 (48232)
@gr8nana6 Thanks. Same to you.
@gr8nana6 (6231)
• Hamilton, Ohio