September 15 - What I'm Thankful for Today

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's been a good day. I got a few things accomplished. I'm thankful I have my car back for a couple of days. I got my grocery shopping done this morning and bought a new pair of shoes. I'm not overly thrilled with the shoes. Every pair had pointed toes. I'm not a fan of pointed-toe shoes. However, they fit and they look nice on. So, I'm thankful for my new shoes too. I'm thankful for getting the notifications finished early. I spent a good day here and visited many of you. There are some I still need to visit, so I'll finish this next round of notifications before I go to bed. I need to go to bed early as I have a pre-op physical early tomorrow morning. I'm thankful I have all my fitness goals achieved. My steps aren't high but that's okay. I did get 10K. I'm thankful I found someone to help out next week after the surgery. I'm talking to the woman across from me again. We're friends again. I asked her if she could help out next week after the surgery. She said she would be happy to help and she knows what's involved because she helped another of her friends after she had knee replacement surgery. So, that's a load off my mind. I'm thankful for the work I did on Vendetta. I set up the scene. Now, I need to write it. I know what I want, I just need to get it written so it makes sense and flows with the rest of the story. Okay, that's a snapshot of my day. What are you thankful for today? Thanks for reading. The image belongs to me.
@CarolDM (95108)
I am sure the pre-op will be fine. Love your photo. Thankful for the bluebirds today.
Thank you. I'm sure it will be fine too. Bluebirds of happiness.
@CarolDM (95108)
@just4him Yes!
@sophie09 (24821)
another good view on your photo! i am thankful i finally met my lecturer although i havent got the result about the approval
Thank you. I'm glad you met your lecturer and hope you get approval soon.
@sophie09 (24821)
@just4him i got her approval. I am so happy and nervous about my seminar
@sophie09 That's wonderful!
I'm thankful my internet decided to work again after days of phone calls and crying, the weather was good to begin aeration and reseeding all our lawns, and that I completed over 250 notifications instead of quitting myLot.
I'm glad your Internet is working. That would drive me insane if I couldn't get on the computer. I'm glad the weather is good for you to get your lawns ready for winter. I'm glad you didn't quit or give up on those 250 notifications. I know what that's like. No doubt I'll face it again next week after surgery.
@just4him It did drive me insane. You will definitely face them again after surgery. You are like me and try to respond to each and every one. It's not easy when you don't have the time.
@DianneN No, it's not. It's frustrating to go to bed and still have over a hundred or two to go knowing there will be more the next morning.
@sallypup (40560)
• Moses Lake, Washington
That's a pretty photo. I saw sun for about 2 minutes today. I'm grateful for everything I take for granted.
I'm glad you saw the sun. That's wonderful you are.
@acelawrites (18606)
You accomplished a lot! And oh so lovely photo; so tranquil scene!
Thank you. It's my favorite park on the bay.
Good luck with the pre-op physical
Thank you. It should be good.
@TheSojourner (32065)
I am thankful for waking up. I am thankful for getting nine hours of sleep last night. I am thankful for the food I ate. I am thankful that Honey is doing a little better. I am thankful that I was able to get the final season of "Luther" and that I can drool over Idris Elba tonight, while watching the 2nd episode of the season I'm on. LOL
I didn't know who Idris Elba was so looked him up. I'd drool too. Enjoy the series. I'm glad you had a good night's sleep. I know that doesn't happen often. I'm glad Honey is doing better.
@just4him I have seen him in several shows. I like him as an actor.
@TheSojourner I saw what shows he's in. I haven't watched those shows which is why I'm unfamiliar with him.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sounds like a good day! I don't think I'd like pointy shoes either....but glad you found a pair that will work. That's great you found someone to help you after your surgery too.
Thank you. They'll take getting used to. Yes, I'm very happy I found someone to help.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him Well hope not too much to get used to them. And that is great
@MommyOfEli2013 I'll soon see. Thank you.
@thelme55 (51566)
What a lovely photo! I am thankful that I can still walk for a few kilometers if I want to walk.
That's awesome. Thank you. I'm glad you like the photo. It's from my favorite park last year.
@thelme55 (51566)
@just4him That is nice to walk in that park. Have a nice Thursday.
@thelme55 Yes, it is. Thank you. It was good.
It's good you have someone to help after your knee surgery. I have a feeling you might need it.
I have a feeling I will too. I'm one of those people who think they can do anything and beat the odds until I find I can't and need help.
@just4him A friend has just had a similar operation and he is very reliant on his wife for help at the moment.
@JudyEv I'm glad he has his wife to rely on. I know there will be changes come Monday.
• Santiago, Chile
It is so inspiring to hear all the things you were thankful for on this day. I went to my sister's here in Santiago, I was glad to hear that she's doing fine, her hubby and her children too. I am thankful for being alive another day, the food I was able to eat, good health that I currently have, and hope that I never lose. I am also thankful to know that many people in my love are fine and living their lives to the fullest!
I'm glad you and your family are doing well. Thank you.
• Santiago, Chile
@just4him massive thanks Valerie! Thanks for being there!
@jvicentevalera You're welcome.
@psanasangma (4665)
I am grateful to learn how you are active after your surgery. Stay bless Have a pleasant evening
I haven't had my surgery yet. It is this coming Monday. Thank you. I hope you are blessed too.
@just4him So sorry for misunderstanding ! My sincere apology Best of luck for your surgery !
@psanasangma Not a problem. Thank you.
@moonandstars (43382)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
it's good you have someone to turn to concerning you knee. i felt okay and felt okay that 15 more days and that's it from september
Thank you. Yes, this month is going fast.
@wolfgirl569 (32900)
• Marion, Ohio
Ots good that you have someone to help you.
Thank you. I'm glad I do too.
That is a lovely view in the photo. I am thankful for another day, my health, and that I am almost caught up again online,
Thank you. I'm glad you had a good day and are almost caught up online.
Will the hospital send out a nurse to check on you. I hope everything goes good for you.
No, they won't. Thank you.