A $6.00 Meal For Two Nights

@porwest (32829)
I may still hit Culver's tonight. But really, there is no need. Last night I kind of goofed and spent just a little too much time on here and then on YouTube, and stayed up later than usual as well. By the time I went out to go get my food, the entire town of Delafield, Wisconsin was apparently shut down. I was a bit surprised considering even in most places at least the McDonald's is open 24/7. I drove around a bit trying to find something open, but found nothing. Oh well. Finally I just stopped at a Kwik Trip. In Wisconsin these are basically a gas station/convenience store. But they are HUGE. They are almost like little tiny grocery stores. I got 8 pieces of fried chicken there for $5.99. There were two of each; breast, thighs, legs, and wings... So I had plenty to eat last night and I will have plenty to eat tonight as well. I'd call that a pretty good deal. Two nights worth of meals for $6? And the chicken was acceptable. Even actually a bit better than the chicken I got one night from the Pizza Ranch. Tomorrow I plan to have my Taco Bell come hell or high water though.
I want taco bell too.
• Walnut Creek, California
I get a craving for Taco Bell now and then. Even "real" Mexican food is no better.
@porwest (32829)
@sharon6345 I was never a HUGE fan of Taco Bell. But sometimes...I mean SOMETIMES it just hits the spot. I like their soft tacos, the Burrito Supreme, and the chicken quesadillas. That's usually what I get.
@porwest (32829)
@TheHorse I don't know. Real Mexican is my 2nd favorite ethnic cuisine. Chinese #1, Mexican #2. I usually don't consider Taco Bell to me Mexican. Just an indulgence.
@rakski (64573)
nice deal you got there. Taco bell is good too
@porwest (32829)
Yes it is, and I am actually looking forward to it tomorrow.
@rakski (64573)
@porwest are you going to re-heat it tomorrow?
@porwest (32829)
@rakski I did and it was just fine. The company ought to be very happy with me. lol
@LindaOHio (49384)
Fried chicken sounds good...and the price was right.
@porwest (32829)
It was not the best fried chicken, but it fit the bill and got two nights worth of eating out of it. I am going to go nuts at Taco Bell tonight though. lol
@LindaOHio (49384)
@porwest Hope you had fun eating your Taco Bell meal.
@porwest (32829)
@LindaOHio I did. Spent $21. lol. But I also checked my receipt for that chicken and it was $1 off, so it was actually $5. Winning.
@Nakitakona (36507)
You got a leader cost meals. Be happy m
@porwest (32829)
It turned out to be an even better deal than I thought. When I checked my receipt it was $1 off.
@Nakitakona (36507)
@porwest Well, you got a discount.
@porwest (32829)
@Nakitakona I did, and I should have known it right off the bat when I picked it up at $5,99 but my total was only $5.24.
@Tina30219 (58503)
• Onaway, Michigan
That’s good you got 2neals out of your chicken we normally do also when we get chicken from town. Enjoy your Taco Bell tomorrow I have not had it in a while don’t have one by ya.
@porwest (32829)
Taco Bell is not my favorite, bit sometimes it just fits the bill.
@Tina30219 (58503)
• Onaway, Michigan
@porwest Right . My favorite thing there is the nachos supreme.
@porwest (32829)
@Tina30219 I like the soft tacos, burrito supreme, and the chicken quesadillas.
That's a good buy. Though I don't know how to evaluate prices in the USA because I'm not from there.
@porwest (32829)
An eight piece chicken at KFC or Lee's, or Popeyes might cost me up to $20, so this was a fantastic deal.
@porwest Yikes! I didn't realize chicken is so expensive in the places you mentioned! I don't have a Popeyes or KFC around me but see commercials on TV and they make it sound like deals! That is not a deal for me! I had KFC once before they closed the one closest to me and was disgusting the next day!
@porwest (32829)
@Marty1 I personally like a place called Lee's for my fried chicken. But when you break down what you can buy chicken for in the store, it is very expensive to get it at any of these places.
I'm sorry the town was closed down. I'm glad you found a good deal at Kwik Trip.
@porwest (32829)
I actually like Kwik Trip, and one thing I REALLY like about it is the way the company is run. It's one of those companies that is just HUGE, and provides many people with some actually pretty good careers in an industry most would not have such opportunity in. It's a fantastically great run company with fantastic opportunities for its employees, and I enjoy supporting them.
@porwest My son likes Kwik Trip over the other gas station/convenience stores too. He's said the same thing about them.
@lovebuglena (22432)
• Staten Island, New York
Did you just have chicken or were the sides to go with that?
@porwest (32829)
Just the chicken. There were probably sides available, but I did not look for them,
@Spontaneo (10296)
Have a wonderful business trip.
@porwest (32829)
Thank you. I always try to make the best of it.
@thelme55 (53879)
That was a good deal of food. I hope it was delicious.
@porwest (32829)
It does not beat Lee's Famous fried chicken, but I was hungry and it certainly filled my tummy.
@Blondie2222 (26392)
Well I'm glad you were able to find something to eat and for a good price. I been cooking more at home instead of eating out all the time, it's healthier that way.
Is Wisconsin on your way to going home? Chicken meal is nice after a long search for a meal. A little tossed green salad with the chicken pieces would have been nice, too.
• Walnut Creek, California
I was going to respond to your message with somthing amusing, but then this GIANT pop-up about Anti-Asian Prejudice came up, and I could not see anything. I will try again later.
At least you found something open and didnt starve. Enjoy your Taco Bell tomorrow