Why I Voted in Person

My wristband!  Photo taken by and the property of FourWalls.
@FourWalls (28375)
Louisville, Kentucky
After reading @TheSojourner ‘s discussion about dropping her ballot off I thought I’d explain why I went the more traditional route. Stubborn? Old-fashioned? Too set in my ways? Are those the reasons I trudged through the Kentucky Expo Center on Tuesday to vote in person? No. I voted in person because I don’t trust the Post Office. And as if by magic, confirmation of my worries popped up in the news on Thursday. A postal employee was fired after he/she dumped over a hundred absentee ballots into a garbage dumpster. He/she is “probably” (read: definitely is) facing federal charges for tampering with the mail. Here’s the scenario: Smith and Jones are running against each other. Postal employee sees a large majority of Smith yard signs on his route, but he’s supporting Jones. So, he ditches the ballots so Smith’s votes don’t get counted. THAT is why I voted in person. My vote has been entered and counted. And I know that. I saw the machine accept it with my own four eyes. Paranoid? Maybe. But I don’t have to worry. WDRB Louisville news report about the incident:
https://www.wdrb.com/news/postal-employee-fired-federal-charges-possible-after-absentee-ballots-dumped-in-jeffersontown/article_8af4b176-0fbb-11eb-8e80-a779be3d25da.html
For those who are able, it is a good choice.
We have always voted in person and will continue to do so. We do not trust the post office.
@CarolDM (98065)
I don't trust anyone anywhere these days. Early voting here next week in person.
@Dena91 (8740)
I will only vote in person. That's how I have since I was 18. It has worked fine all these years for me. Like you I do not trust other means of voting.
@myklj999 (49019)
I made sure my carrier was not a Dump supporter
In NJ you would have to fill out a paper ballot even if you went to the election sites on Nov 3. that's why I mailed mine in. At least it will get counted. Otherwise it would have been considered an absentee ballot.
@FourWalls (28375)
• Louisville, Kentucky
We only have paper ballots here, too. We (the voters) feed it into a machine, which accepts it or rejects it in front of us.
@Dena91 (8740)
@FourWalls Same here in NC.
@TheSojourner (32903)
We don't have any other option other than mailing it in or dropping it in the election boxes. Otherwise, I would be going in and casting it face to face. Thank you for the mention!
@RebeccasFarm (11200)
• Denver, Colorado
I am with you 100% on this
@LindaOHio (48949)
My ballot is in the mail. I'm hoping for the best.
@wolfgirl569 (34255)
• Marion, Ohio
We plan to vote early in person soon.
It certainly sounds the safest way to make sure your vote counts.
It is going to get worse.OUr vote also been counted.But do not trust the medium out there.I have a very bad feeling on this election
@DocAndersen (28849)
i hope you are wrong. I don't know either way, but hope truly you are wrong. However i support your opinion.
I would vote in person also
We used to vote in person. My husband can't stand in line long and I work out of town so we get the absentee ballots. Ours were mailed in this year. There is a way to check online to make sure our votes were counted for the township and county we are in. But it's true that there is a lot more fraud out there now even if people try to deny it.
I've always voted in person, but now that I am a registered voter of Florida living in Connecticut at this time of year, I have no choice. Our mail-in ballots have been received and verified.